Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Georgia wins SEC CG!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

If Georgia wins SEC CG!

Nov 4, 2018, 1:06 AM

Any of you see a scenario where Georgia beats Bamer in the CG! So, they are in.

Then all of a sudden you have a real situation:

**assuming nothing changes**

Clemson is in if WE win out no question! Even had some talking heads call out their partners for not talking enough about the Tigers!

Notre Dame if they win out are in! No questions asked b/c of the schedule and the QB change and their name; let's be honest!

NOW - who gets left out? Michigan? Ohio St. Oklahoma? Two of those teams would have won their conference now!

Georgia is "complimentary enough" meaning they play both defense and offense well! They may be able to hang with Bamer! Bamer hasn't played a team that compliments the other side of the ball yet! Have we: kind of just not real athletic like Bamer! NCSU plays well on both sides. Syracuse does as well stats wise. Who gets left out? Or does nobody get left out? Bamer sits out?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The loser of the SEC CG is NOT going to back in under ANY

Nov 4, 2018, 1:15 AM

scenario

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The loser of the SEC CG is NOT going to back in under ANY

Nov 4, 2018, 1:32 AM

UNless they are named Nick Satan's Alabama...
THat team is what the coots hope to be...National Champions with a 3-8 record.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

If it's Bama's first loss, you better believe they get in.***

Nov 4, 2018, 1:47 AM [ in reply to The loser of the SEC CG is NOT going to back in under ANY ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope...Lose a CG, you are out***

Nov 5, 2018, 12:15 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you said if the losses for those teams don't change.

Nov 4, 2018, 1:15 AM

Minus the fact I'm going with a scenario where Michigan beats out Ohio St leaving O310st at two losses and out of the equation.

It would be

Clemson
ND
UGA
Michigan

Michigan is getting a lot of love and the only loss would be to a fellow playoff team in ND. They are playing their best football same as us right now when it counts.

Oklahoma is just to fiddly to put up a fight against real competition. And their Texas loss doesn't look so good anymore.

Yes I think the committee would be hard pressed to fulfill Saban's desire to sneak in this year as a non champion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Georgia wins SEC CG!

Nov 4, 2018, 1:21 AM

Well, it will be like last year. The committee has always said the 4 best teams are in. With that being said.

1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. Notre Dame
4. Alabama

That's the way it will be. Michigan will be left out. And the committee will say they believe Bama is better than Michigan and they deserve to be in.

Nov 4, 2018, 1:23 AM

OU won't be a factor. The committee will say that OU's loss to Texas is the reason they're left out

Go Tigers!

Nov 4, 2018, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Re: If Georgia wins SEC CG! ]

That would suck again. #1 should get to pick their opponent if they’d rather play 2 or 3 instead of #4.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

there is absolutely no way that Michigan

Nov 4, 2018, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Re: If Georgia wins SEC CG! ]

would be left out if they win out and bama loses. the committee would be unable to explain that with a straight face. The year we lost one, we stayed in the top four only because something like 11 other teams in the top 25 lost that week as well. Was that the Syracuse game with Bryant getting knocked out? The committee was like "Meh. Everyone else lost too."

Unless Bama loses by 21 points or more

Nov 4, 2018, 1:25 AM

There is no scenario where they will be left out of the playoffs with one loss.

But since I happen to have a crystal ball I will tell you what will happen. Are you ready....

Nick Saban will sit Tua for the SEC CG, maybe even the Auburn game (if that is the last one), they will lose a close game to Ga and they will both be in because the committee will take into account Tua's injury. Nick will let the country know that Tua is 100% and ready to go. The committee will not put them at 4 because the nation wants to see CU and Bama in the Natty.

Imma let you finish...

Nov 4, 2018, 1:45 AM

...but Georgia is not winning the SEC CG.

My opinion is that an UGA SEC victory would

Nov 4, 2018, 5:06 AM

create a he1l of a nightmare for the Committee.

I am convinced that two SEC teams appearing in the final Top 4 will cause a ruckus nationwide, even if they are deserving.

There have been reports of grumbling within the Big 10 about that type of scenario resulting from bias toward the SEC. Comments I read included threats of a Big 10 withdrawal from the CFP, and should that happen, I wouldn't be surprised to see another conference or two follow suit.

Perception...perception. We can speak loftily about the intent of the CFP, as it was organized. But if there is a perception of bias, then the current structure may be doomed.

I hope not, but this is exactly why I supported an eight-team playoff in the beginning to give more programs a chance to compete on a national stage for the title.........maybe, even a team like UCF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 5:42 AM

You say**assuming nothing changes**
then you say Clemson is in if we WIN out.
So what happens to your scenario if Clemson loses a game,say like next weekend at Chestnut Hill?

this year, if everyone wins and bama loses,

Nov 4, 2018, 6:32 AM

clemson is 1, then notre dame and michigan, and then georgia. Last year only happened because Wisconsin blew it in their championship game.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic