Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo wins 3 National Championships in 5 years....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If Dabo wins 3 National Championships in 5 years....

Dec 31, 2020, 7:57 PM

....is he now considered in rarefied air?

I say he is already there and has nothing left to prove.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say we’ve been living in the Clemson era of college football

Dec 31, 2020, 7:58 PM

all along over the last 5-yrs

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would say we’ve been living in the Clemson era of college football

Dec 31, 2020, 11:05 PM

I'd sa

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Dabo wins 3 National Championships in 5 years....

Dec 31, 2020, 8:04 PM

I find it funny he will have done it with so few All Americans against teams with lots of ‘em.

Yep,and the fact that he can't coach either, makes it even

Dec 31, 2020, 8:17 PM

more amazing.

Dec 31, 2020, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo wins 3 National Championships in 5 years.... ]

Great point... It's about our ability to prime our talent and focus on the game at hand. BV an CDS know how to do this!

Dec 31, 2020, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo wins 3 National Championships in 5 years.... ]

You have got that right partner, but he’s hand picked his players

Dec 31, 2020, 8:10 PM

I will tell you this....

Dec 31, 2020, 8:12 PM

If we are even in the Natty, I am flying to Miami just to hang out and celebrate the game. I can promise you that!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For sure

Dec 31, 2020, 8:15 PM

Very few have achieved that

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 8:18 PM

He's already there, he's won as many titles as JoPa and Papa Bowden. The key here would be the potential 3-1 head to head vs. Saban (considered the greatest) in title games with two alledgedly "unbeatable" teams. It would be viewed similar to beating Brady/Belichick in 3 SB's. Dabo has a legit shot at being one of the three best coaches on college football history if he spends 20-25 years at Clemson

Dec 31, 2020, 8:52 PM

ESPN would immediately say how next year Bama would be favored again though. It never ends.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 31, 2020, 11:13 PM

Agree. It has been absolutely sickening to listen to the narrative about trask and Fla getting curb stomped. It goes from saying Oklahoma is great and Fla is great but just had players out... So which is it? Either Oklahoma best a pathetic Fla team or trask wasn't their hero they thought. Both can't be true.

Yet, Dabo gets no credit for what he almost pulled off in South bend with players being legit out.

SocMan2 endorses this advertisement ...

Dec 31, 2020, 8:26 PM

I'm all for it.

And for those who believe the National Championship is a team award, notice how tigernation2000 stated "Dabo Wins 3 Natl Championships", because at the end of the day, the coaches get an extremely large share of credit for championships, while "Heisman", "Davey O'Brien" and other awards are considered player awards.

Just win baby!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misspelled “When Dabo . . .”

Dec 31, 2020, 8:29 PM

Carry on!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 8:33 PM

He’s doing the exact same thing Saban did to earn praise but is always going to be considered below him. If Dabo wins a championship this year, most likely facing Bama, he will have matched any 5 year span of dominance Saban has ever had. Except, Dabo would have beaten him THREE times to achieve it.

He will also have the best playoff win percentage, most playoff wins, and most playoff championships if we pull it off.

Dec 31, 2020, 8:54 PM

But Clemson never plays anybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 31, 2020, 9:08 PM

Of course. We’re only good because we don’t have our players deteriorate over the year like SEC teams according to my uncle

Dec 31, 2020, 9:11 PM

Just the fact that we’re here again puts him in the nobility of CFB in my book.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 9:14 PM

With the limitations and inexperience of this year's team, if we win the Championship Dabo would have done the greatest coaching job of all time.

Dec 31, 2020, 10:52 PM

I think many sports folks admire Dabo...Their bosses keep them from overtly stating so...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 11:27 PM

Agree with that and agree with valley boy. Imho, Dabo wouldn't have lost a single game given the talent level of Bama and possibly o4io st the last 5 years.

I'm not saying with their players. I'm saying their players skill level rating married with the character of the players he's recruiting. If that makes sense... Namely the offensive line and the cornerbacks. That's where espn and other analyst get it wrong. All the stats say Clemson should be good but not win nattys. That's what makes Dabo and team the ?? .

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic