Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo knew KB was not ALL-In as a recruit...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,403

If Dabo knew KB was not ALL-In as a recruit...

Sep 26, 2018, 7:15 PM

...would he have offered him a scholarship?

Let's say there's a prospective HS QB prospect Dabo is taking a close look but the prospect says:

"If I feel at anytime like I should be the starter but you don't allow me to be the starter then I'm going to quit mid-season and go somewhere else. You should chew on that before offering me a scholarship. I'm just sayin'".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Dabo knew KB was not ALL-In as a recruit...

Sep 26, 2018, 7:21 PM

Not sure but I do know that Dabo stuck with recruiting him even when he was going through his sickness...so while KB was not, Dabo sure was straight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 7:23 PM

Jesus I’m sick of this rhetoric...KB lost his job and thought it would be best for him, with his last season of eligibility, to pursue other options. How could anyone possibly find something wrong with what he did? Absolutely no one knows how he addressed his teammates before making this decision. Let it rest for god sakes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

So you'd "quit" on your family if your concerns about SELF..

Sep 26, 2018, 7:27 PM

...were more important to you?

That's a bit of a false dichotomy

Sep 26, 2018, 7:46 PM

As much as we all love Clemson for it's family atmosphere, if any of us had to choose between our Clemson family and our own family I don't think the decision would be difficult. I believe KB is making this decision because he believes it will give him the best opportunity to potentially make it to the NFL. We can disagree about his potential as an NFL QB, but we shouldn't blame him for believing in himself and chasing his dream. A potential NFL career will provide for himself and his family financially unlike any other possible career.

With that being said, I think the best decision would have been to let Dabo know that he wanted to retain his eligibility so he could play elsewhere next year meaning that he wouldn't be able to play anymore this year. He could have still stayed with the team and potentially been available if Lawrence were to get injured.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a bit of a false dichotomy

Sep 26, 2018, 8:05 PM

Well that's a bit ironic given the fact that he would have most likely had a much better chance of being able to take care of his family with Clemson looking after him going forward than chasing any pipe dreams of ever being in the NFL. However, that decision is entirely his to make obviously.

I hope he proves me wrong and I wish him the best.

Re: So you'd "quit" on your family if your concerns about SELF..

Sep 26, 2018, 7:47 PM [ in reply to So you'd "quit" on your family if your concerns about SELF.. ]

Feds raised interest rate today ?? will this effect the price of Dippin' Dots ??

Sep 26, 2018, 8:00 PM

It's bound to impact cost, you should start a thread on this.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: So you'd "quit" on your family if your concerns about SELF.. ]

big monk said:

Feds raised interest rate today ?? will this effect the price of Dippin' Dots ??

Possibly but if dippin dots is the ice cream of the future why has it been around for 20 years.

I'd tell him that if he thinks he has a shot at the NFL

Sep 26, 2018, 8:10 PM [ in reply to So you'd "quit" on your family if your concerns about SELF.. ]

he needs to take it. You never know unless you try, and he knows he isn't going to be able to beat out TL, just like the rest of them knew too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if my son was at Clemson and thought he would be

Sep 26, 2018, 8:13 PM [ in reply to So you'd "quit" on your family if your concerns about SELF.. ]

better off some where else.. yes.. I (his family) would be ok with it.

as FAMILY we only want our loved ones to be happy.

ask yourself if you are being the selfish one here

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 26, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo knew KB was not ALL-In as a recruit... ]

It has nothing to do with the fact he is transferring but how he handled it. I don’t blame him at all for transferring and it’s all within the rules so go for it.

What I have a problem with is him throwing the coaches and school under the bus. It was ‘a slap in the face’ and ‘didn’t get a fair shot’? I’m sorry what season was he watching? He lost his job to a more talented player. Go make the statement I believe in myself and I want to continue playing the game I love. I think every logical fan would wish him well and good luck. His true colors came out as soon as he faced adversity. He is no leader and Clemson will be better off without his distraction moving forward. Said it already but good luck and good riddance. We don’t need me first players who make the statements he did.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: If Dabo knew KB was not ALL-In as a recruit... ]

jsebe10® said:

Jesus I’m sick of this rhetoric...KB lost his job and thought it would be best for him, with his last season of eligibility, to pursue other options. How could anyone possibly find something wrong with what he did? Absolutely no one knows how he addressed his teammates before making this decision. Let it rest for god sakes.

He never addressed his teammates in person, he never came back to campus after being told he wasn’t the starter. Also I don’t think it’s yhe transfer that has people so upset. It’s the fact that he said he never had a fair shot which is the head scratcher. He started 18 games but wasn’t given a fair shot? Get the F outta here with that garbage Kelly.

He was in the team meetings before practice yesterday***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Dabo knew KB was not ALL-In as a recruit...***

Sep 26, 2018, 7:47 PM

Sep 26, 2018, 7:51 PM

If KB thought he was good enough to win the job back he would have stayed.
But he knows that TL is an elite QB and only getting better.
I mean it’s got to suck watching a player do what you wish you could .
If TL gets hurt we may be in trouble but it’s going to work out for the better with KB gone.
We don’t need that kind of distraction, possibly splitting the team.

You all would make great politicians...non-answers

Sep 26, 2018, 8:06 PM

Simple yes/no

maybe???***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:08 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,403
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic