Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson doesn't allow "gathering at the paw" after games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

If Clemson doesn't allow "gathering at the paw" after games

May 11, 2020, 8:47 AM

I'm done with this politically correct school.

First, you take away balloons because you cave to environmentalists due to a few balloons, but we have landfills full of god knows what.

Now, you think a virus is may spread with people running out onto a football field, but it's OK for people to go to Walmart and school?!?!?

I'm out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bye!***

May 11, 2020, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This isn't going to go well.***

May 11, 2020, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I like to see "those posts" as opportunities...

May 11, 2020, 8:53 AM

limitless.

Good morning, FM.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread should be fun, if nothing else...

May 11, 2020, 9:24 AM

and what's better than fun?

Morning, dude.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Mo fun, and you've always been here to help.***

May 11, 2020, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People have lost their minds. We have no common sense

May 11, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to This isn't going to go well.*** ]

in the world anymore. I'm just trying to share a little bit of sense.

######, "I'm out" doesn't carry the weight it once did?

May 11, 2020, 9:34 AM

I know there was a petition to bring back the balloons. Have not seen how it was received, but image probably rules the day. You don't want a bunch of nancy leftists hating on Clemson because they continued to release the orange goodness that are balloons.

And really, knowing how lazy, entitled youngsters are these days, not wanting to take moments away from their media, I 'magine the time to fill all those balloons became more than they could bear? It's easy for them to show concern for Franklin or any turtle they've never met and might never will when 5G is on the line.

Spit-balling again of course.

People gots to eat, therefore Walmart Shopping Centers...

May 11, 2020, 8:52 AM

and Pharmacies, they need those too.

How 'bout you contact DRad, suggest a Pizza Party at the Paw and get it on each home game until this thing blows over? That might be considered essential since you're feeding the masses?

Just spit-ballin' of course.

Ever heard of drive thru pharmacies and curbside grocery?

May 11, 2020, 9:26 AM

You got millions of people going in walmart everyday. Millions of kids going to school/daycare...

But 5,000 people running out onto a football field for 7 Saturdays is gonna statistically make any difference with the spread of a virus??? Are you kidding me??

I'm glad we're doing our part at Clemson to "Slow the spread!!"

Are you off your ####### meds?***

May 11, 2020, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Definitely, Walmart offers it as far as I've read. Forced

May 11, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Ever heard of drive thru pharmacies and curbside grocery? ]

ranking, I'd say Meeting at the Paw is down on the list, far below people needing Walmart open to continue to manage their daily lives. I offered a white board notion, just to spur you in the direction of potential solutions.

I was wrong to hope this might be about making it happen. Carry on until you wear yourself down, then maybe?

So do you really believe that having people outside

May 11, 2020, 9:59 AM

at a football game is how a virus generally spreads compared to millions of people all across the country going inside walmarts, targets, home depot, kids going to school, people going to office buildings for work, people going to hospitals, nursing homes, etc.

Statistically, you've got to be kidding yourself if you think we are helping "Slow the Spread" of a virus by not having football games. That makes no sense. There's no way you're helping anything.

It's like peeing in the ocean.

I know Walmart is essential, meeting at the Paw is not?

May 11, 2020, 10:04 AM

Social distancing is supposedly an answer for the Walmarts.

I'm sure they'll be studying the effects of reasoned measures for years to come?

It is not essential to walk inside of walmart.

May 11, 2020, 10:51 AM

My point is that if you happen to catch a cold...you don't catch a cold by running out onto the field at a football game.

You catch a cold by various other methods. People have lost their minds over this deal. It's terrible. Even if you think it's "not much more deadly than the flu"...it still sucks.

But if we aren't overloading our hospitals with the general public still going to work in office buildings, going to school, going to grocery stores, etc. Then we aren't gonna start an outbreak by having a football game.

Sorry, I didn't make the designation, just reported a fact.

May 11, 2020, 11:07 AM

You still haven't worn yourself down, keep at it though, I'm here for you.

Re: It is not essential to walk inside of walmart.

May 11, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to It is not essential to walk inside of walmart. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Caddie is a fantastic troll, one of my most favorites...

May 11, 2020, 1:01 PM

I laud him for it.

Re: So do you really believe that having people outside

May 11, 2020, 11:19 PM [ in reply to So do you really believe that having people outside ]

You pee in the ocean? That’s disturbing.

Is the pizza "contactless"?***

May 11, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to People gots to eat, therefore Walmart Shopping Centers... ]

Asking for a leftist ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Ok, Mr. 3 degrees of separation, honors each. We don't...

May 11, 2020, 2:12 PM

jump into implementation before this thing is cooked.

If you want to champion this, have at it, I'm an idea guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15CuGvHxCTE

Call Starkist.

Awesome! I didn't know Bruce Wayne and Arthur Fonzarelli

May 11, 2020, 2:20 PM

were coworkers! This changes EVERYTHING!!

(This message was contactless delivered.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Don't Let the Door Hit You in the A** on the way out***

May 11, 2020, 8:52 AM

^^^still thinks we're having a 2020 football season^^^***

May 11, 2020, 8:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ NOT All In ^^^***

May 11, 2020, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Hopeful _ but would bet on the “No”. Time may change odds.***

May 11, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to ^^^still thinks we're having a 2020 football season^^^*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Acts like they know***

May 11, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to ^^^still thinks we're having a 2020 football season^^^*** ]

Re: If Clemson doesn't allow "gathering at the paw" after games

May 11, 2020, 9:03 AM

To borrow a line from a movie, "Well, bye".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 9:46 AM

Are you going to disown your degree from Clemson as well?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

May 11, 2020, 9:49 AM

I think it will be possible, but you'll have to be wearing one of these:

May 11, 2020, 10:01 AM

Snowflake. Things will be back to normal eventually. Just be thankful for whatever we get this season.

May 11, 2020, 10:12 AM

One thing you'll find is folks will get pissed over a one-time bad experience at a restaurant they've had numerous good meals at and vow to never return. On the other hand, those same folks can get a 2x4 rammed up their arz by Clemson University and turn around and smile about it. As long as their winning that is.

Some things never change

this is a good time

May 11, 2020, 10:30 AM

to end that tradition for good, which would be sad but I could see it happening

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I <3 Mondays until I read your post; now I has a sad...

May 11, 2020, 10:32 AM

Let's hope DRad & Clements don't read TigerNet or you'll has some hesplainin' to do Lucy.

yeah I would hate to be the one that killed the tradition

May 11, 2020, 10:47 AM

I apologize in advance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

You could legendary, like DW4, which could have its perks...***

May 11, 2020, 11:10 AM

unfortunately I think a lot of things will be banned or enacted

May 11, 2020, 10:48 AM

Using the virus as an excuse. In all walks of life

Re: unfortunately I think a lot of things will be banned or enacted

May 11, 2020, 11:04 AM

You think this response is harsh, wait until you run out on the field and give T Law or Etienne the virus and they miss 3 or 4 games! If it happens it will be after the players are off the field.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 11:15 AM

a: probs not going to be football
2: this ain’t the common cold

hope that helps

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

What a terrible take

May 11, 2020, 11:39 AM

Temporarily giving this up would be a small price to pay to get CFB in 2020. I'm not sure you have a firm grasp on the concept of risk/reward.

And, honestly, the same logic leads me to the conclusion that football is either likely to be cancelled entirely or played without fans. Being able to play the season and get it on television to generate the big TV revenue are pretty big incentives to at least attempt to find a way to play CFB this year. The reasons to try to get fans back in the seats aren't nearly as compelling, especially considering it would likely be at a fraction of normal capacity. And there's absolutely no justification at all for allowing fans on the field. That is, to put it bluntly, insane.

May 11, 2020, 11:51 AM

Logged in to give you a TU. Only people to blame are the parents who raised these wimps of children. Glad I got out of that school, bunch of entitled babies.

May 11, 2020, 12:48 PM

It will be less children getting lost from their parents cause the parents just turn them loose. It will be less people getting injured jumping the wall, yes it happens every game someone gets injured entering the field by jumping the wall. Getting the players, coaches, and referees off the field will be a lot safer.

May 11, 2020, 12:59 PM

Always thought "Gathering at the paw" is the corniest sounding phrase for storming the field. When was that phrase first used? I don't remember it prior to 10-15 years or so ago. Not really a "long" standing tradition like balloons or the hill or other traditions at Clemson.

Being allowed on the field is a tradition as long as any of

May 11, 2020, 10:11 PM

of the others - especially balloons and The Hill.

Doesn’t matter what you CALL IT - being on the field with the team after the game is one of our oldest football traditions.

It is older than The Paw itself, moran.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

The thing is Caddie, we will get landblasted

May 11, 2020, 2:04 PM

By the media and social media if we are the only school doing it.

It’s all about perception these days. It’s society as a whole. I blame the internet, It’s not just bewbs anymore.

May 11, 2020, 2:53 PM

The meeting at the Paw was only one “incident” away from being cancelled anyway. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did.

May 11, 2020, 3:13 PM

I honestly never knew that balloons meant so much to so many grown men before they stopped releasing them.

May 11, 2020, 5:57 PM

Not just “gathering at the Paw”;

Singing the alma mater could be gone, too.

CDC has advised churches that singing projects saliva droplets worse than any other activity besides coughing/sneezing. Not sure how it compares to fans screaming or doing cadence, but that’s what they’re warning.

you mad bro?

May 11, 2020, 10:01 PM

You liked cootlumbia better anyway. Enjoy your do o doo ice.

May 11, 2020, 10:39 PM

Go get your balloon fix at some three year old’s birthday party. They also might even let you have a piece of cake if you’re a good little boy.

May 11, 2020, 10:44 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic