Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’d like to see Askew and Jones start midweek games this week.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I’d like to see Askew and Jones start midweek games this week.

Mar 8, 2020, 6:52 PM

Anglin can join the bullpen and maybe provide a inning or two. Point is gotta win these midweek games to. Anglin hasn’t been to good. Askew and Jones seems capable

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d like to see Askew and Jones start midweek games this week.

Mar 8, 2020, 7:02 PM

Count me in this camp. Want to see Askew first and Jones second. They both can help in post season play I think.

Both have NASTY pitches and both could lead the team . . .

Mar 8, 2020, 8:39 PM

in strikeouts "IF" they could locate their pitches consistently . . . Soooo . . . No, I would not start either, nor use them in relief, until this simple task is conquered . . .

Yes, this sounds harsh . . . but command of your pitches IS a major part of pitching,!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Both have NASTY pitches and both could lead the team . . .

Mar 8, 2020, 8:46 PM

Skeeta56® said:

in strikeouts "IF" they could locate their pitches consistently . . . Soooo . . . No, I would not start either, nor use them in relief, until this simple task is conquered . . .

Yes, this sounds harsh . . . but command of your pitches IS a major part of pitching,!!

Well then who do you wanna see start the two midweek games? What options are available

First of all, I LOVE the STUFF those 2 guys have!!!

Mar 8, 2020, 9:29 PM

Their pitches (Askew and Jones) are NASTY!!! They would OWN the BUMP if they ever conquered their control issue!!!!!!!

I love the job both Nicks (Clayton and Hoffmann) have done in relief. Also love Geoffrey Gilbert's ability. These are being used as middle reliefers . . . and Yes . . . they are Freshmen without much history, but I'd love to see one used as a starter . . . Either Clayton or Gilbert if I had to narrow it even more.

Side Note: JD Brock and Paul Labriola, I can't give you any impression of their ability . . . Both are also Freshmen . . . I would enjoy seeing Labriola throw just because he is 6' 6" and a lefty

(Carter Raffield suffered an arm injury, a RHP out of Cochran, GA, will be a factor whenever he can return.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First of all, I LOVE the STUFF those 2 guys have!!!

Mar 8, 2020, 10:05 PM

ahhhhh. raffield has been in 4 games ....he's been back

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How has he looked?

Mar 8, 2020, 10:10 PM

I have missed seeing him. He was recruited last year . . . Then the injury, which he got a red-shirt year for . . . Because I hadn't seen him, I assumed he was still out . . . Glad to be wrong and know he is back . . .

Didn't he come to Clemson as a Top 50 Prospect?

Re: How has he looked?

Mar 9, 2020, 6:26 PM

Wonder what happened to ryne Huggins and lindley. Both had spurts last year but have been wondering if anyone knew of their development this year... Or if they were hurt or anything. Haven't had many opportunities to get new arms in with so many close games...

Raffy as Monte refers to him will be a starter one day but must have him available for weekend relief as does Geoffrey.

I'd love to see the two Skeeta56 mentioned above. Hoffman has flashed. I'd maybe give Askew the nudge for tomorrow and see if he can pitch better as a starter than relief.

I'd like to see Monte give Holt a chance at starting to see if he'd have better control out the gate...

I feel for Monte because his pitching rotation changed dramatically with the injuries or I think strider would have been our midweek until he was confident in his pitch cnt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A 98 MPH ball is still a ball.......***

Mar 8, 2020, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Both have NASTY pitches and both could lead the team . . . ]

Mar 8, 2020, 9:48 PM

Askew is going to have to get control of his pitches. He does not look a lot different from last year when he was too inconsistent. I'm obviously not a pitching coach but his motion looks a little "loose" to me and maybe difficult to repeat pitch after pitch.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 9:52 PM

i predict clayton will be one starter. not sure of the other

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2020, 10:13 PM

Oh yeah well who Askew ?

Sorry , that was a hanging curve and I put a lazy swing on it .

DB23

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic