Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IPTAY must clear up the following questions:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

IPTAY must clear up the following questions:

Aug 20, 2020, 1:00 PM

1. If an account holder uses their tickets for the 2020 season, does that account still aquire the 100 point bonus?

2. Are ticket prices going to change for the season since the original price was for 7 home games and we're only seeing 5 now? Do ticket prices go down...or... since we're about to cut the stadium capacity down, do ticket prices go up?

3. If an account holder wants to retain his full ticket allotment, but is granted less from CUAD, is there still an option to take the tickets he didn't receive and "turn them in" and pay for them to gain the 5points per ticket or is this essentially a forced Redshirt?

4. With all the accounts that are about to see an increase in 100 points, will there be a mass seating and parking re-assignment next year, especially for those that did not continue with their donation and fall behind the crowd?

Other questions:
1. If I redshirt my football tickets, can I still obtain tickets for other sports?
2. What is the stadium capacity going to be (20%? 25%?)?
3. Is tailgating going to only be allowed for people with tickets?
4. Where are my seats going to be located if I retain them?
5. How do I get my money back for seatbacks? How do I change the seatback locations?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY must clear up the following questions:

Aug 20, 2020, 1:17 PM

Good questions... After reading the announcement a second time, it appears to me that you get the 100 point bonus as long as you do not ask for a refund of your giving level donation. The ticket decision is a separate bonus, independent of the donation decision. At least, that's how I interpret the announcement.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 2:13 PM

ok, some good questions im sure iptay will have their hands full at answering and figuring out by next season
great deal to get the 100 points for the iptay donation whether you get your tickets or not
cant afford to pass up that deal unless you think the 100 points isn't going to hurt you

I don't see how anyone would give up basically a $400 ticket for 5 points. don't see how 5 or 10 points would make that huge of a difference, not that great of a deal when you consider that a 60 dollar donation is basically 100 points. I personally wouldn't give up my 400 ticket for 5 points.
but to each its own.
only hoping next year will be much better and maybe, just maybe I can jump someone and move to better seating which I should be sitting in now cause I donate more than double to seat equity of where im sitting anyhow.

Aug 20, 2020, 3:15 PM

We have the answer to question 1 (just received the following from the IPTAY text line):
Q: If I choose to keep a portion of my season tickets, do I still get to choose to leave my full IPTAY donation with IPTAY and get the bonus 100 points?
A: Yes! Regardless of your decision on season tickets, you are eligible for the IPTAY bonus points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 4:04 PM

1. Yes
2. They said earlier that if any games were cancelled, that prices would be adjusted. We have 6 home games now with The Citadel, so I would guess it would be prorated, but either way, it's not a big difference between 7 or 6 games, and most people at the IPTAY ($3500) level or lower likely won't receive tickets to every game anyway.
3. I believe this will be an option, but is $430 really worth 6.7 points (or whatever it comes to)?
4. No. Tickets and Parking are assigned first by Annual Donation Level, then by Total Priority Points by the people within that level. Unless these people that were donating small amounts and got 100 bonus points this year, suddenly decide to bump there annual donation way up next year, they will not really be eligible for better seats/parking. Also, if everyone meets their seat equity and renews next year, there won't be seats available for them to get.

Other
1. Yes, provided you leave at least 50% of your annual donation with IPTAY.
2. "Other Sources" are citing 23%. With a capacity of 81,500, that puts us around 18,745 minus players families, whatever they decide for students, etc. My guess would be the IPTAY number would be around 16k.
3. Yes
4. There's no way to know right now. It will depend how many people redshirt. They will create limits based on the supply/demand similar to how they set limits for away/postseason games. Higher donors are being told 2-6 tickets max for all the games. IPTAY level donors are being told 2 tickets max for 2-4 games. Tiger and below are 2 tickets for 1-2 games. These are all estimates though and will rely on the redshirt numbers.
5. Call the seatback company you purchased them from and ask for a refund. I don't know about changing locations. UGA is providing them to show which seats should and shouldn't be occupied.

All of these answers were either provided to me by a person I trust at IPTAY, or were included in the information they sent out, outside of the few where I made it clear it was my opinion or came from another source.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 4:40 PM

Posted: Aug 20, 2020 4:04 PM

2. They said earlier that if any games were cancelled, that prices would be adjusted. We have 6 home games now with The Citadel, so I would guess it would be prorated, but either way, it's not a big difference between 7 or 6 games, and most people at the IPTAY ($3500) level or lower likely won't receive tickets to every game anyway.

Where is the reference that season ticket holders that are selected won't be given tickets to all 6 games?
This is now the second time I have seen someone state something like this and I've missed this message from IPTAY.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Aug 20, 2020, 5:14 PM

I believe it is being inferred from what IPTAY has said and what other schools have announced. I have heard only 23%, and 16,000 tickets per game mentioned.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY must clear up the following questions: ]

I believe it is being inferred from what IPTAY has said and what other schools have announced. I have heard only 23%, and 16,000 tickets per game mentioned.

Aug 20, 2020, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY must clear up the following questions: ]

It's basic supply and demand, but... I personally donate at the IPTAY Level and order 8 tickets each year. When I reached out to IPTAY to ask all the questions I had, I was told that I would likely get 2 tickets and probably not to every game.

I'm not sure how they reached these numbers, but I assume it was mostly guesswork on what percentage would opt out, centered around the survey they sent out, and then projected to the remaining IPTAY members setting estimated cutoffs at each level, just so they had SOMETHING to relay to all of us asking this question.

Obviously the numbers are subject to change up or down based on how many people opt out, and how many people want tickets.

Aug 20, 2020, 6:29 PM

Thank you, it's from a phone call you made that the "..I would likely get 2 tickets and probably not to every game..."

If I don't get the tickets, fine, just let me get a refund or use it towards next years purchase price, but don't try and sale season tickets and then tell me after the fact that I'm only getting 2 game tickets, that bull@$#t

CUvsFSU2011win

May 1, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: IPTAY must clear up the following questions: ]

Called to confirm your suspicion and you were basically right.

IPTAY told me they will have enough capacity to allow 4 season tickets for McFadden level and above only, below McFadden won't get season tickets.

What those of us below McFadden level will get is this, 2 or 3 multi-game package offers for season ticket holders. Said thank you and redshirted online.

CUvsFSU2011win

Aug 21, 2020, 1:34 AM

Here is the question I have.

I understand that they are going to give most of us that want tickets 2-3 games worth of tickets. But how am I getting to choose which games? What if I keep my donation in at a higher than avg level and get tickets for Citadel and UVA versus getting Miami and/or Pittsburgh which I'd rather receive due to family ties to the areas?

At least with previously choosing home games, I know definitively that I'll be getting all the home games and which teams I'll be seeing us play against.

Aug 21, 2020, 8:49 AM

They haven't released that yet, but as I understand it, we will have some say in what games we get, just not seat locations for those games.
Could be having everyone rank the games they prefer the most similar to how they assign parking. THAT LAST SENTENCE IS JUST SPECULATION ON MY PART THOUGH.

I could also see them pairing the games up somehow as I would expect demand for Miami to be pretty high, while the Citadel or BC might not be as high.

Aug 21, 2020, 8:16 AM

Dear So-and-So,

Those questions are too hard.

Sincerely,
IPTAY Staff

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 4:46 PM

I suggest that anyone who has questions contact IPTAY directly and not rely on Tigernet message boards. IPTAY employees will probably be there late tonight. If not, I'd give them a call on Monday. I was told by IPTAY that decisions made by donors today aren't binding. You can change your mind up until August 31.

2024 purple level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 4:48 PM

Would new membership for 2020 receive 100 bonus points. If so, I might sign up my kid.

Aug 21, 2020, 5:32 PM

I believe the 2020 IPTAY year ended on June 30 so if you joined now it would be for the 2021 year and there would be no bonus ;points.

Now, for the tickets. I'm remaining in the pool. I may get 2 tickets to two games, the games to be determined by lottery or some method established by IPTAY. I will get refunds for those games that I do not get tickets.

I don't know if I will receive any bonus points. I'm not clear on that issue.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 4:48 PM

Would new membership for 2020 receive 100 bonus points. If so, I might sign up my kid.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic