Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO the most important stat of last nights game was this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,669

IMO the most important stat of last nights game was this

Sep 17, 2017, 11:09 AM

Per Coach V, we took 72 players to Lville and 70 played ??

What an awesome statistic! Yes we tore up Lville to the tune if 47-21 with great Dfence and great Ofence, but it's how we did it and with whom we did it.

Very impressed by coaching staff to see that so many players that practice their tails off even though they aren't a starter and to see game time against Lamar Cardinals, a top 15 team in their house. WOW!!!!!!

I love this team and all those supporting and cheering for them to do well. While other teams/coaches/players want all the hype and buzz about them and play 60 minutes in a BLOWOUT against 3rd string competition. That's fine, anybody who would want to play in a place like that would not be welcome on the Clemson football team. A single unit with one goal, WIN.

As the Clemson coaches say, windshield mentality which simply means : NEXT!!!!!!!

Go Tigers!! ????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's second to 47-21, imo***

Sep 17, 2017, 11:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO opinion it was 47-21***

Sep 17, 2017, 11:12 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

I think I saw where Lamar Cardinals played 22, amirite???

Sep 17, 2017, 11:25 AM

Petrino/Musnotchamp are really poor coaches when it comes to player relations. He is so out of touch. Example was the play where McCloud clearly go to the 30 yard line he continued to berate the sideline judge. I could not believe how dumb he looked, petulant child was only thing coming to mind. He should have been flagged, it was at least a solid minute of poor sportsmanship. What an embarrassment to his University and team.

I love how we do what we do. It's all the right way!! Win was most important stat though, you are right lol ??????

Agreed. Saw that too.

Sep 17, 2017, 4:00 PM

Did Booby not see the same replays every else did? Petulant child, just like you said.

Re: IMO the most important stat of last nights game was this

Sep 17, 2017, 11:26 AM

zero turnovers would be a close second

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 3:51 PM

Absolutely. I can't remember the last time we lost when the TO margin was even or in our favor.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigerbalm1, you are absolutely right!!!

Sep 17, 2017, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: IMO the most important stat of last nights game was this ]

No turnovers is a beautiful thing. KB takes the sack when it's not there instead of trying to hit a covered receiver. Watson is the man no doubt, but 17 interceptions is a lot but he always did what it took to make up for it. Plus, in the big stage, nobody even close to his clutch performances!!!!!

Sep 17, 2017, 11:35 AM

Well stated and so true +1

Sep 17, 2017, 11:41 AM

Hey lighten up a little on boom and neck brace, when it's all you can do to put 22 starters on the field naturally you will play the same 22 all game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 11:42 AM

We won the National Championship last year by developing overwhelming depth. Saban had a slew of 5 star DE's sitting on his bench at the end of the game but didn't have the faith to put them on the field. It amazes me how in crucial situations we sometimes have twos and threes on the field making plays, but that's what it takes to grow talent up. It goes against the SEC philosophy of offering every 5 star prospect out there and then quickly running off the ones that can't immediately contribute so you can offer another 50 players the next year. Comittment to developing your players is the difference in building a program versus running a football factory.

Sep 17, 2017, 6:03 PM

Yep an it paid off. Both Albert Huggins and Sterling Johnson got sacks. Now that's some 2 deep!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2017, 3:41 PM

Makes me wonder who the two who didn't play were and if it was related to that stomach flu Dabo mentioned. If you can play 70, then 72 would not have been much of a stretch.

how about running?

Sep 17, 2017, 3:50 PM

Before the season many were panicing about the rb's. We are a legit 4 deep right now. All have played well.

ETN on kick return? Not quite there

From my observations last night, there is still improvement from our RB crew, BUT

Sep 17, 2017, 4:49 PM

that was a great performance!! Blitz pickup continues to be a problem andvrared it's ugly head last night. Did not hurt us and KB will take the sack to preserve the ball and punt. Sometimes a punt is the best play in football (oh yea, speaking of punts how about Will last night, wow).

Special teams are playing well, FG not so much but punt coverage, kickoffs, and punting have been excellent. Will Spiers last night was out of his mind, I don't remember the last time I was excited about a Clemson punt but twice last night I was standing and cheering like we scored a TD. Awesome!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,669
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic