Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chatting with a Bucknut today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Chatting with a Bucknut today

Jul 12, 2020, 10:06 PM

And he attests Clemson’s wins over Ohio State were pure luck... let’s break that down :

If teams are evenly matched, and played 4 times, the probability of one team winning all four games is 6.25%

Ouch

If one team has a 75% probability of winning, the probability of winning 4 straight games is 32%.

Ouch

A team has to have a winning probability of 85% to have a 50% chance of winning four straight games.

Ouch

Not only have we owned Ohio State by going 4-0, we have on them and an almost improbable way. Quite frankly, Wake Forest would have a better chance of beating us than Ohio State based on recent sampling.

Ouch

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would've punched him...

Jul 12, 2020, 10:10 PM

and said, "That's for Charlie Bauman."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe me I wanted to

Jul 12, 2020, 10:20 PM

He had every excuse in the book lined up: the sun was in my eyes, refs were paid off, blah blah blah, he even brought up that Burrow was an OSU transfer and “ kicked our ####” in the national championship game, I told him that’s just pathetic

Re: I would've punched him...

Jul 12, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to I would've punched him... ]

Do you not have any good feeling for the people that are confused and misinformed. A little violin music would have been the best way to deal with that guy bc, it gets easier for them to except the truth once they have had a good cry, and let their anger out that causes their i'll feeling for Clemson and our fan base. Just remember, when they are turning red faced and stuttering out their hate, just play them some soft violin music, crying is good for their soul bc it helps to relieve hate and anger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When teams like SC, Duke and WF have a higher winning pct

Jul 12, 2020, 10:20 PM

against Clemson than his team does he would do well to just keep his mouth shut.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did have a lot go in our favor

Jul 12, 2020, 10:27 PM

but when it came down to executing at critical moments in the game, Clemson stepped up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We did have a lot go in our favor

Jul 12, 2020, 10:30 PM

And they kicked field goals, it's just to hard to win a FB game with one team scoring 7 points, and the losers are scoring only 3 points!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 10:39 PM [ in reply to We did have a lot go in our favor ]

The most recent game, we did have a few things going on in our favor, but we’ve won four out of four vs OSU. at that point, an OSU fan arguing they are the better team, is just a fool

Jul 12, 2020, 11:01 PM

They have a severe case of mental block, some call it selective memory. But in either case, it means that they refuse to accept the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!!! And that happens a lot when yankee blood runs through their veins!!!

What they have is BiG Head in that they are The OHst , a BiG10 Power

Jul 12, 2020, 11:21 PM

who shouldn’t ever lose to a tater Southern School in the middle of who knows where.

Back in 1978? when we beat Woody’s team, before game a young fellow told me & Family that we were gonna get our assses flung all over that field & the scoreboard was gonna blow a gasket.

I retorted we had a bit of history too in that John Heisman of Heisman fame, had been our head coach for 4 years and we had been the scourge of the South back then.

He laughed & said freshman coach Danny Ford was no Heisman.

Well, wish I could have run into him after the fist fight!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What they really have is plain ole bias in they are The OHst , a BiG10 School

Jul 12, 2020, 11:27 PM

No you don't Bill, he may have kicked you butt again, LOLLOLLOL ??, just kidding!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Even the 31-0 game?

Jul 12, 2020, 11:30 PM

There were some other close games, but 31-0 was a domination. We easily win that game 10/10 times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Even the 31-0 game?

Jul 13, 2020, 1:08 AM

I don’t talk to Bucknuts. I’m not in the market for a rusted out car, but if I ever need advice on how to make my local rivers flammable or turn a lake into a sewer, they’ll be my go to source.

Re: Chatting with a Bucknut today

Jul 13, 2020, 1:15 AM

They choked. I think they were the better team, but choked. They also had Dobbins banged up. I will take the win though. We overachieved.

Jul 13, 2020, 4:46 AM

So how were they the better team when they were outscored 29-7 in the last 2.5 quarters of the game.

How were they the better team when they had the lead in Q4 and couldn't hold it. And could't score with the game on the line for the last 2 possessions.

It's a 4 quarter game, not just the first 1.5 quarters. They were clearly NOT the better team.

Jul 13, 2020, 4:52 AM

Dobbins got hurt. He could run all day on us. I think he ran for 175 yards or so. He could have ran for 300 on our DL. Ohio State just choked imo and things didn't go there way. Just what I saw. We saw something different. It's no big deal. We won. I will take it.

Jul 13, 2020, 5:42 AM

Actually we went to 6 DB's...and the lighter lineup filled gaps a lot better and was actually a lot harder to run on.

They never did get us blocked when we went light. It was weird. You'd have figured they'd have run at will but the opposite happened.

Jul 13, 2020, 5:46 AM

Dobbins did run wild when he was on the field. He averaged 9.7 yards per carry and 174 yards. He just got hurt and was limited.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Chatting with a Bucknut today ]

Hold up, pump the brakes C bad, we didn't play our best game in our last game against those weenuts. And I'm saying that IF both teams would have played their best game, our Tigers would have won the game. Also, in college FB, you always play what you have healthy enough to play. We won a NC with one of our best D lineman, Dexter Lawrence, suspended for the playoff and NCG. Every team has to play at times without some of their best players!!!

It would have taken me less than 30 seconds

Jul 13, 2020, 5:01 AM

to end that conversation. They are worse than the coots (now) with pity parties and excuses.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: It would have taken me less than 30 seconds

Jul 13, 2020, 7:17 AM

"And what is TOSU's record against UofSC?"
'Nuff said!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they might be able to say that about the last one but

Jul 13, 2020, 8:38 AM

they still had the ball at the end. What else do they want? It was set up perfect to take the game adn they choke it out b/c the WR and QB don't know the route that is supposed to be run. I mean. ... We tried to give you that game Bucknuts. Our offense was playing their C game in each playoff game. But we found a Way! Thats all you need! Get to the CFP and then..find a way.

Why ?***

Jul 13, 2020, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Just tell that Bucknut that any team that is 0-2 versus

Jul 13, 2020, 9:45 AM

a bottom dweller like USuC tells us all we need to know about Ohio State. Then do as frank1968 suggests and punch that Bucknut in his smarmy face...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 10:04 AM

Bucknuts gonna do what Bucknuts do best,CRY LIKE BABIES.
I believe we are 4 and 0 against them boys. I guess we
have Lady Luck on our side.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:40 AM

We have a great coaching staff on our side, that's all that needs to be said!!!

Jul 13, 2020, 11:28 AM

You are right about the coaching and add the players.
Saying we have lady Luck is just a way of be facetious
to them.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:24 AM

If the Buckeye fans want to claim they are a better team, that's OK with me. There is only one trophy and that goes to the team which scores the most points. Maybe in their record book they record the Clemson/Ohio State game thusly, "Clemson scored more points but we were the better team".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They wear nut necklaces. On purpose.

Jul 13, 2020, 11:05 AM

There's no reason to chat with those mouth breathers.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic