Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who picked the carpet??? Clemson locker rooms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Who picked the carpet??? Clemson locker rooms

Jan 24, 2020, 9:34 PM

Who picked the carpet for our brand new locker room for the Clemson softball team??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question. An LSU grad?***

Jan 24, 2020, 9:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Good question. An LSU grad?******

Jan 24, 2020, 9:41 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good question. An LSU grad?******

Jan 24, 2020, 9:44 PM

Agree not the best- surely someone in athletics has final approval!

Re: Who picked the carpet??? Clemson locker rooms

Jan 24, 2020, 9:50 PM

That’s HORRID! LSpUke!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 11:14 AM

That's not LSU gold. Pattern is hideous though. Should have went with purple with a big oramge paw in the middle.

Jan 28, 2020, 10:37 AM

It's an L of a lot closer to lsu gold than it is to Clemson orange. Look at the unis in the lockers for comparison.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Who picked the carpet??? Clemson locker rooms ]

It's softball, who cares.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably the same people who thought a softball program was a good idea.***

Jan 24, 2020, 9:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Please continue...why was the softball program a bad idea?***

Jan 24, 2020, 10:00 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Bringing back Wrestling would be the best move

Jan 24, 2020, 10:08 PM

But Title IX always prevails!

I'd love to see womens wrestling***

Jan 25, 2020, 12:42 AM

Re: I'd love to see womens wrestling***

Jan 25, 2020, 11:24 AM

Mud or jello?

Godiva's every Wednesday night

Jan 28, 2020, 2:42 PM [ in reply to I'd love to see womens wrestling*** ]

you're welcome

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bringing back Wrestling would be the best move

Jan 25, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Bringing back Wrestling would be the best move ]

I agree with every part of your statement.

Bring. Back. Wrestling.

Hell, add Women's wrestling. CU would instantly be THE destination program for collegiate women's wrestling in the country. There would be no school even close.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it.

Jan 24, 2020, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Please continue...why was the softball program a bad idea?*** ]

Spending millions on a new stadium for a sport that loses money is a bad business decision IMO.

Women’s lacrosse would’ve been better. Riggs Field is a perfect venue, lacrosse is a fast growing sport in popularity, and the ACC is an excellent lacrosse conference.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it.

Jan 25, 2020, 12:02 AM

Your opinion. Personally, I'm much

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 12:04 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

Your opinion. Personally, I'm much more inclined to go to and watch women's softball than women's lacrosse. It's been popular and growing in popularity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^agree!!!!***

Jan 25, 2020, 7:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've always wanted us to support Gymnastics...

Jan 25, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

Little John has been used in the past for my daughters meets, so venue would not be an issue. She "retired" because of how little scholarship support there is for the sport.

Jan 25, 2020, 4:52 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

Let northern ACC schools (that includes schools in NC) play Lacrosse. In case you haven’t noticed there is a big difference between north and South Carolina.

Lacrosse isn’t just a northern sport anymore.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:34 AM

Lots of high schools in the south now have lacrosse teams. Youth leagues are growing in popularity too.

Plus, there are a lot of Clemson students from outside the south.

JK...I enjoy your post and TU them. I disagree with you

Jan 25, 2020, 7:34 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

here. I have been to many women's softball games. My niece played at uscjr. because Clemson didn't have a team. I went to several and the stands were pretty packed. I'm looking forward to Clemson fielding a team. I'm heading to Columbia and watching our Tigers play. May try to make a game this year if possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t disagree that softball is a popular sport.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:54 AM

I think it will be well attended, and expect us to ultimately have a good program. I’m speaking more in terms of balancing popularity and financial concerns.

Nothing wrong with having different opinions.

Jan 25, 2020, 7:57 PM

:)

Jan 25, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

But JK , lacrosse is a northern sport and is only popular there . I don't see a lot of fans supporting it in Clemson , do you ? Honest question , as I have never watched lacrosse or know anything about it .
We know a lot about softball though as many of us have daughters that participated in it or we played it on a church league or beer league or something .
Seems like having a relatable sport makes more sense to me .

DB23

Jan 25, 2020, 8:58 AM

dug....i think you and JK have good opinions on this subject.
Yours makes good common sense and JK's is based primarily on the return of investment.
Just my opinion...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lacrosse isn’t just a northern sport.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

It isn’t as popular in the south as softball, but it has grown a lot in popularity a lot over the past 15-20 years. Lots of high schools in S.C., GA, Nc, and FL have added it. Plus, it also isn’t as expensive in terms of facility costs for Clemson.

I’d love to have both at Clemson, but our athletic department is smaller than many of the others in the ACC so I don’t expect that to happen anytime soon.

Jan 25, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

"Spending millions on a new stadium for a sport that loses money is a bad business decision IMO." - now that's rich. Especially when CLEMSON has no problem spending millions on a coach that can't seem to produce a winning program in other sports - like BBall.

B-ball? Would that be Clemson Baseball or Clemson Basketball

Jan 25, 2020, 8:54 AM

because they’re both underperforming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

We already have a boring women’s sport that’s only there

Jan 25, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

for title 9 purposes; rowing. Lacrosse is more boring than rowing. Softball is entertaining.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: We already have a boring women’s sport that’s only there

Jan 25, 2020, 9:00 AM

Lacrosse looks like it would be exciting if I understood it. Being that I grew up in the South, though, I will continue to use my fishing net for fishing rather than throwing a ball around.

Jan 25, 2020, 9:12 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

I also would like to see lacrosse, but living in NC, I am unlikely to go to either softball or lacrosse games, so I suppose I don't have much skin in the game other than IPTAY dues.

On the financial side, which sports don't lose money? My guess would be all but men's BB and football. If that is the case, we are always gonna spend money on sports that lose money.

Jan 25, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

"spending millions on a new stadium for a sport that loses money is a bad business decision"~Judge

That's rich coming from someone who has been supporting a basketball coach who has been bleeding Clemson of millions for years now, with no return investment!

Now if you could kindly get your head out of your ### for a moment seeing as this is not the first time I've read your opposition to women's softball at Clemson. Many have daughters who, surprise, grew up playing softball. And we actually find enjoyment out of the sport. Plus now we get to witness Clemson competing in the softball market.

Dude, it’s not a personal attack on you or anyone else who likes softball.

Jan 25, 2020, 12:06 PM

I’m not doubting the popularity of it. My point is more about the financial expense of building a multi million dollar facility for a sport that doesn’t even come close to breaking even each year.

Plus, there are also parents of daughters who play other sports, like gymnastics, lacrosse, swimming, etc. Why do you feel that softball is more deserving than those sports to be a varsity sport at Clemson?

Also, since you decided to bring up basketball, which has nothing to do with this discussion: our men’s basketball program makes money every year. That money, along with what football makes, goes to support all other sports at Clemson (all of which lose money, including women’s softball). You’re welcome.

Re: Dude, it’s not a personal attack on you or anyone else who likes softball.

Jan 28, 2020, 10:28 AM

My main counterpoint to why softball, if it's a financial drain initially, deserves more to be a sport than the others you mentioned is because there is a growing TV market for softball.

TV market means there is the potential to bring in more money for the program than what would be initially expected for a softball program in the last 5-10 years.

Also saying that that basketball makes money isn't proof that the right thing is happening with the basketball program.

The football team would make money if they were 7-5 but they make a lot more at 14-1.

The same could be said for basketball.

I have no dog in this fight but does our

Jan 28, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Dude, it’s not a personal attack on you or anyone else who likes softball. ]

basketball program make money? I would be shocked if that was the case. I read that Duke basketball barely breaks even. Considering we both have small arena I wouldn't be surprised if we lose money on basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we should have both

Jan 25, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

The women’s softball program could turn out to be a big winner. We have great facilities and recruiting footprint.

Jan 25, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

Just curious...does track and field, golf, tennis, soccer and cross country generate money? I would imagine the upkeep on the soccer field and building the tennis complex cost something.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

Coming from a guy that talks about Basketball all throughout football season. Talking about a sport I could care less if we scrapped, much rather watch girls softball than basketball

Jan 25, 2020, 1:08 PM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

No one would ever watch lacrosse. Softball will bring in more revenue. Just give it a little time.

Like rowing, just because we have a lake?

Jan 28, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

In SC, lots of HS girls actually like to play softball, and people will actually come out to watch them play. Especially if the team is good.

Field hockey?

Not so much.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 1:18 PM [ in reply to I would’ve preferred to add a sport with lower costs associated with it. ]

Couldn't disagree more.

Re: Please continue...why was the softball program a bad idea?***

Jan 25, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Please continue...why was the softball program a bad idea?*** ]

oh, you know.womens.

I think softball is a terrific idea, moab, I'm sure you do to...

Jan 26, 2020, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Please continue...why was the softball program a bad idea?*** ]

The sport is extremely popular in South Carolina, and the southeast in general, which gives us a built in, and enthusiastic, fan base. How many of us have either played softball, had a daughter play, or a granddaughter? My guess is most of us. And who hasn’t spent a Saturday at the ball field? It’s also growing in popularity nationally. In fact, recent ratings for the WCWS have been better at times than the CWS, and TV viewers equals revenue. That, coupled with the fact that many collegiate softball programs are actually already generating substantial revenue (In 2018, 44 softball programs generated 1 million in revenues or more, FSU and Baylor led the way with 2.2 million each) means softball could very well pay for itself in the near future.

So when you have the opportunity to add a very popular sport, that could potentially pay its own way, it’s really a no brainer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Wow, I looked it up and you're right, Karen is making up

Jan 28, 2020, 9:23 AM

her own facts as usual. Schools that generated at least $1M in revenues from softball include (from least to most): Miami University, UMass, Creighton, Coastal Carolina, Syracuse, Bethany, South Alabama, Washington, Colorado State, Colgate, Oklahoma, Nevada, Wichita State, Texas, Stetson, Bucknell, Lehigh, Memphis, Seton Hall, George Washington, Providence, Villanova, San Diego State, Utah State, Hawaii, TAMU, St. Johns, Loyola, USF, Cal State Fullerton, Tulsa, Bama, UTEP, Pitt, Liberty, Pacific, ECU, Depaul, San Jose State, Cal State Fresno, Boston, Fordham, UVA, Rutgers, Hofstra, Uconn, Oregon State, BC, James Madison, Houston, Louisiana, Mizzou, Baylor and FSU.

That's a HUGE mix from both a geography standpoint and size of school.

It will probably take some time to gain steam at Clemson, but this looks like an excellent decision from our AD and Administration.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 24, 2020, 10:49 PM

Everything about that stadium is nice both outside as well as inside,except for the flooring or whatever the surface is in the locker room.Just my opinion but Purple with a Orange Tiger Paw in the center would have looked nice.Still overall it is a really really nice facility that should help immensely when it comes to recruiting.

Jan 25, 2020, 2:18 AM

That aint Clemson orange!

Jan 25, 2020, 11:10 AM

Not LSU gold either. They would never allow that. Looks more like Orange Sherbert. A very light orange.

Jan 25, 2020, 4:51 AM

Looks like a flannel shirt from QT.

Jan 25, 2020, 6:26 AM

I remember Clemson colors once being purple and gold.

Jan 25, 2020, 7:29 AM

Nice looking uniforms!!!

Better question. Does it match the drapes?***

Jan 25, 2020, 8:44 AM

Re: Who picked the carpet??? Clemson locker rooms- Clearly

Jan 25, 2020, 9:39 AM

the result of a lost bet between the school and LSU on the football game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2020, 10:02 AM

Somebody needs a new job. In Lousyana.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:07 AM

Huh? Adjust your monitors. Looks purple and orange to me and pretty sure I'm not colorblind but always heard a high percentage of males are.

Jan 25, 2020, 11:13 AM

They should be tried and if found guilty shot for treason

youtube video shows it is Clemson Orange not the LSU

Jan 25, 2020, 12:24 PM

yeller the pic appears to show. Doctored photo or lighting perhaps?

Very nice facilities and the joy on those players' faces says it is indeed money WELL SPENT!

https://youtu.be/hs5n4aKa2l8

Re: youtube video shows it is Clemson Orange not the LSU

Jan 26, 2020, 1:18 AM

Indeed watching the teams faces and enjoyment was great. Good luck Lady Tigers #Allin

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nice carpet

Jan 25, 2020, 8:29 PM

Who shot the couch? Amirite?

There was a sale at Depot***

Jan 28, 2020, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just a bad pic

Jan 28, 2020, 1:45 PM
locker.JPG(120.9 K)

it's a very slightly lighter shade of orange than the walls. But it's orange. And purple. See attached clip from video.

Ask any architect that has ever done work at Clemson - it's a tough task to find interior items, carpet, furniture, etc. that exactly match Clemson colors.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic