Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo?

Jan 4, 2021, 10:10 AM

Seemed like our guys were rarely set.

Feel like that's an issue that dates back to around 2012.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo?

Jan 4, 2021, 10:29 AM

One bad game and you call him Vulnerables eh Cubbie ? Geez

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She should change her name to Cootie..***

Jan 4, 2021, 11:20 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coot and bucknut trolls are running rampant!!!

Jan 4, 2021, 6:18 PM

Lol!!!

Re: The coot and bucknut trolls are running rampant!!!

Jan 5, 2021, 10:23 AM

Most are one in the same. Coots live vicariously through other teams for compensate for their dumpster fire program. OSU was their flavor of the week this time.

Agree. Calling him Vulnerables is NOT right

Jan 4, 2021, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo? ]

We are too quick to judge.
Venables can leave and make more money than he does now. So let's please be respectful

# 7 comes in a few months.***

Jan 5, 2021, 10:24 AM

Jan 4, 2021, 10:35 AM

i wouldnt call it vulnerables, but i can assure you the defense was lost as hell and all you have to do is watch the replay of that pitiful game, all the players running back and forth from side to side and other players jumping around to get players in positions, they had not clue what ohio state was gonna run and it showed.. but there will be days like this, every team has those moments where nothing goes right,, all we do is look forward to next year and we could use four big boys up from like we had a few years ago

I was frustrated we didn’t abandon trying to adjust

Jan 4, 2021, 11:28 AM

Based on how they lined up.

We should have just lined up in a base defense and played fast. Maybe we were delaying more because turner wasn’t out there. There’s nothing worse than giving up cheap touchdowns in a game that big.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo? ]

Agreed.
You are going to have bad days. BV deserves the benefit of doubt.
Tigers are still in the hunt as long as coach V is on board!
He'll adjust I believe.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 10:39 AM

It almost looked like our D did not have any/much game film to prep for 31>21 State.

I think it was a bad night for our D, the game plan didnt work and reacting did not go well. I also think that a few offensive minds are starting to crack the BV D a little so expect BV to evolve over the summer.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:40 AM

As I've posted before, when teams make it to the playoffs any coach can look really bad. We've made Stoops, Meyer, Saban, Kelly, and Day look silly. And there have been games where some of these same coaches have made ours look bad. Very few playoff games have been barn burners. Most have been blowouts. Not sure why this is. Many important bowl games in years gone by were very exciting, close, hard fought battles. Just don't get the same bang for our bucks these days. Any thoughts about this?

Jan 4, 2021, 10:46 AM

Go back further, even a lot of BCS bowls were not very close. It has always been a bit all-or-nothing. Close games seem to be 1 for every 5 blowouts

I also would say that the "style" is very different now. Unlike the Danny Ford era, grind out a win style, you have a lot more go-for-win/broke coaching styles/plans happening.

I also think that the coaching study, film study, and prep is a whole lot better so when a coach finds gold leading up to the game, they can just keep going to that well. Spurrier was great at just keep hitting any weakness he found - now that is basically the norm.

Jan 4, 2021, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo? ]

You're exactly right. I think our game against Bama in 2018 is a great example of this. I think we were clearly better than Bama, but I don't think we were 44-16 better. We ended up winning by so much because we made some big plays, and Bama wasn't able to make plays on our side of the field to turn productive drives into touchdowns. I think that one is a great example of how a few plays can make the difference in a game being up for grabs in the 4th quarter vs. being a blowout.

Ohio State outplayed us without a doubt, but a large part of that was executing on key plays while we didn't always do so. It seemed like they completed every long pass they attempted against us. That's to their credit, but it seemed they were just on that night. Let's say some of those long throws are under or overthrown, or maybe even dropped, and how different does the game look?

A good example was the long touchdown they had in the 3rd quarter right after we cut the lead to 14. That was also on a 3rd down for them. If that pass goes incomplete then we would've had momentum on our side and a chance to cut the lead down to 7 or 10. Perhaps we still go on to lose anyway, but maybe not in a blowout.

An example of us not executing on our end of things was early in the game when we were up 7-0. We had a 3rd down, and Allen was running wide open down the middle of the field. Ohio State sent a blitz and Lawrence had to hurry the throw and ended up overthrowing Allen on what would've likely been a touchdown to put us up 14-0. Again, perhaps we still lose had we made that play, but who really knows how the rest of the game would've played out.

I realize I'm rambling, but I'm only saying that blowouts do happen. Even when you're a great team, you can easily find yourself getting blown out when you're playing another great team if they happen to be on their A game that night while you're making mistakes.

Jan 4, 2021, 12:29 PM

Pretty much nailed it 2003. A couple or three of those long TD passes went right by our defender's (Kendrick) arm. Indeed, they were great passes, but that kind of precision also involves a little luck.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo? ]

We've beat all those coaches you listed, made them all but Day look silly in blowouts-

Jan 4, 2021, 12:22 PM

Read a lot of posts but seldom weigh in. My thoughts on the unprepared defense is simple. I believe coach VB works in concert with what coach TE is seeing from the other team at the line of scrimmage and that they work together to use what coach TE sees in order to set the defense. That was missing from this game and led to confusion. Plus the fact that OSU played with their hair on fire. Missing coach TE hurt as much on defense as on offense. He is the eye in the sky that gets info to help call the defense along with coach VB. Just my opinion anyway

Interesting concept and possibly correct...

Jan 4, 2021, 9:30 PM

Thanks for the input.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I wonder why Vulnerables wasn't prepared for up-tempo? ]

Is it not remarkable that things were peachy keen for five years and a playoff loss in the 6th makes us howl for change, any change, but what we're doing is wrong, wrong, wrong. As my mother would have said, we ain't got the sense of a billy goat.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:46 AM

I don’t even call what they did uptempo. VPI did the same thing. Quick snap at the line with a huddle before. No at the line adjustments by offense leaves Brent with no adjustment time himself. That’s the way to attack our defense. We have to adjust.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 10:55 AM

It's hard to argue with the success we've had with BV, but this issue has seemed to come up a few times before. I told a friend during the game that I'm actually surprised that more teams haven't attempted similar plans more often due to that reason. I don't think it's that he struggles with up-tempo offenses as we've certainly faced several of those and had success. It just seems that when we're facing a team that doesn't normally use tempo that we struggle to adjust whenever they speed things up.

I think that hurt us, but our defense seemed lost this year whenever we were without Turner or Skalski. We were without Turner for the entire 1st half, without Skalski for the last 2.5 quarters, and without both for the final half of the 2nd quarter. Not only are both players talented, but I think BV deeply depends on having an experienced player out there to keep everyone where they should be. I remember Ben Boulware being on top of this as well. Ohio State was obviously winning the battle at the line as well, but we were also out of position on several big plays.

Re: I wonder why Venables wasn't prepared for up-tempo?

Jan 4, 2021, 11:00 AM

Fair question, but you should NOT call him names. Thus, I will ignore you post. Hoping others do as well. Coach Venables deserves respect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he’s a coot...

Jan 4, 2021, 6:13 PM

so what do you expect. Just annoying that we have to listen to this crap from pu$$ies like him for the next eight months.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'll assure you of this.. you're gonna see vulnerable the

Jan 4, 2021, 11:25 AM

moment coach V leaves for other ventures. He brings recruits, energy, competence, passion, and expertise as a Defensive Coordinator. So i definitely won't be the one dogging that guy. Not a chance. IT doesn't get better that Coach V on Defense. Chalk this one up to a bad game but those don't happen very often.

We are becoming a very spoiled group as Clemson fans. When we start complaining about top echelon coaching we don't have a clue what we're asking for. AS Dabo says, its not very far from the penthouse to the outhouse. Lets celebrate going 10-2 this year and not be spoiled brats about a bad day at the office. There was a time not too long ago where that performance Friday night was dreaded if not expected every week.

Re: i'll assure you of this.. you're gonna see vulnerable the

Jan 4, 2021, 11:42 AM

Amen!!! Enjoy this ride !!! And stop with the negative post!! Please!! Let’s look forward to the Spring game!! We will be gunning for another run in the playoffs next year with the talent coming back!!

Jan 4, 2021, 11:34 AM

That ISSUE as you call it has won 6 ACC titles in a row. 6 playoff appearances in a row. And 2 National Titles!! In the playoffs THE OTHER TEAMS ARE VERY TALENTED as our team. I’m VERY thankful for Coach Venables and Coach Swinney! Be thankful where our program is at this moment in history!!

B¡+Ch Move thread starter****

Jan 4, 2021, 11:53 AM

Re: B¡+Ch Move thread starter****

Jan 4, 2021, 3:49 PM

10000% B*tch move

Re: B¡+Ch Move thread starter****

Jan 4, 2021, 6:07 PM

You would know, b!+Ch.

The D-Line simply wasn't good enough this year

Jan 4, 2021, 11:53 AM

We couldn't generate a pass rush all year with the DL. Spector ended up leading the team in sacks with 4.5, and it was clear that we constantly had to blitz and take chances to generate any sort of pass rush.

I expect Bresee and Murphy to be tremendous pass rushers by the time they leave here, but it was clear that the team needed Thomas and Foster to be the guys this year. Mascoll may end up being good, but he had 2 sacks all year. KJ Henry was decent with 3.5 sacks, but I personally don't think you can expect to win a national title in this day and age (given how good passing offenses are) without an elite pass rusher or two. We simply did not have that this season.

also with freshman you gotta think they're exhausted

Jan 4, 2021, 3:00 PM

they've never experienced and lived this much football in their lives. Big difference in high school football prep and college football prep. Its 7 days a week for months and months. And also the fact that they both started at their position...thats alot. 1 freshman on line is alot but to have 2 brand new guys...they'll be happy to have a little time away from football i'm sure. I think they'll be better prepared for next year. But i'd imagine they were just going through the motions the past 3/4 games. Year three though i'd assume those two will be monsters. But you never know. I thought XT would have been a stud by now too...don't know what happened to him this year.

Re: also with freshman you gotta think they're exhausted

Jan 4, 2021, 11:41 PM

Long Covid. He and Foster imo6 are struggling with it. Percentage may be low but it does affect African-American more frequently. You don't have to be in the hospital or on a vent to suffer. Especially the chronic fatigue syndrome. An alpha m ale like XT, just can get into your head.

LOL at Vulnerables!

Jan 4, 2021, 3:50 PM

That's hilarious. Thankfully, that nickname only fits on rare occurrences.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL at Vulnerables!

Jan 4, 2021, 4:14 PM

NOt really hilarious. Stupid actually. It's almost like the idiots around here don't realize when they start a thread with stupid/derogatory terms like this one, or use SEC!, SEC! , SEC! in the thread titles that they are actually mocked by our rivals on THEIR boards as evidence of how dumb we are over here. I've had a Tennessee buddy send me screen shots of T-net in text messages asking me ### is going on around here.

Some of the thread starters here are straight-up trolls and others must think it is funny in some kind of weird 9-gagger or Rick Roll way. It is off-putting and NOT a good look for T-net. I've even seen it discussed on other Clemson forums too.

You are something else, JK. The WAD your Gstring has gotten

Jan 4, 2021, 6:12 PM [ in reply to LOL at Vulnerables! ]

in because of GWP and others purposefully calling BB by the wrong / misspelled name, using it as a play on words, etc.

And NO - I'm not going back to provide examples - because everyone on here knows it has been a talking point of yours in the past.

You should be proud, troll monster. Another gem right here.

GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I haven’t gotten upset at anyone here for making fun of Brownell’s name

Jan 4, 2021, 10:04 PM

or Bender’s name. Do you know why? Because this is a message board. It isn’t real life. And I’m not going to get all upset over what strangers on a message board think.

I’ve noticed something hypocritical though, which I did point out tonight in another thread. It’s been interesting seeing so many grown men get so emotional over someone making fun of a football coach’s name, yet I’ve never seen any of these people rushing to the defense of our basketball coaches when the same thing is done.

Again, I don’t care if people say Brownlee or chuckle about D1ck Bender. I also didn’t care that people called our coach Tammy Bowden. Those things are hilarious. And guess what? So is Vulnerables.

If you can’t laugh at stuff, you aren’t living.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 4, 2021, 6:01 PM

Wonder if you know how STUPID. You are????

Jan 4, 2021, 6:12 PM

Both huddling up and extremely fast tempo disrupt any possibility of sign stealing - just sayin'

Jan 4, 2021, 6:18 PM

Disrespecting one of the most highly regarded defensive minds in college football with name calling should disqualify you from any further comments.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:41 PM

Forget you Caddie and your frikkin idiotic shot at Brent mutha freakin Venables. You sound like a sissy-a-coot. Get over it dude.

lol at vulnerables

Jan 4, 2021, 10:10 PM

vey inventive, I doubt he has ever been called that before.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 1:11 PM

Because the formations that were thrown at us caught us off guard. That’s the joys of playing a 6 game schedule against medium competition because you only have to use a 1/4 of your playbook.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 5, 2021, 5:32 PM

Thought I might bump this back to the front page, seems like instead of calling you out they prefer to call out my poast calling you out. Let them look at it and see if you and this crap belongs on our board

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic