Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Holy crap, FGF is even more bigoted than this board...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 89
| visibility 1

Holy crap, FGF is even more bigoted than this board...

May 10, 2014, 9:44 PM

Starting to get really heated and throwing out some pretty hateful terms...

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1825&tid=200898115&mid=200898115&sid=1017&style=2

Pretty ironic when a person with the word "####" in their handle is getting all hot and bothered over a little man kissing....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Politics is always a time when I realize

May 10, 2014, 9:46 PM

Our fanbases are pretty much carbon copies of each other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Politics is always a time when I realize

May 10, 2014, 9:47 PM

Agreed.

and yet Lindsey Graham keeps getting elected.***

May 10, 2014, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Politics is always a time when I realize ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Is that one of the Golden Girls?***

May 10, 2014, 9:52 PM

pretty much.***

May 10, 2014, 9:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'm sure a transgendered woman

May 10, 2014, 10:09 PM [ in reply to and yet Lindsey Graham keeps getting elected.*** ]

could get elected in SC if they had the backing of the Republican Party.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupidity is like the fries at The Beacon.....a plenty

And we got our fair share!

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

im sick of..

being bullied by name calling just because i dare not say two men kissing is a beautiful thing.

and three men kissing, even more.***

May 10, 2014, 9:48 PM

Re: im sick of..

May 10, 2014, 9:48 PM [ in reply to im sick of.. ]

Who called you a name?

the guy earlier with his over 65 post***

May 10, 2014, 9:49 PM

Re: the guy earlier with his over 65 post***

May 10, 2014, 9:50 PM

Yeah, well that was definitely uncalled for. What can I say, there idiots on both sides of the fence.

May 10, 2014, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: im sick of.. ]

> Who called you a name?

The use of the word "bigoted" in the subject heading of your OP is name-calling, IMO.....

May 10, 2014, 10:08 PM

bigoted: "having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others."

Did I misuse the term here? I don't believe I named called anyone. You ARE a bigot if you have a prejudiced intolerance.

Re:My friend, I would rather live with it then join your

May 10, 2014, 10:13 PM

group.

Re:My friend, I would rather live with it then join your

May 10, 2014, 10:16 PM

What exactly is my group?

May 10, 2014, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: im sick of.. ]

> bigoted: "having or revealing an obstinate belief in
> the superiority of one's own opinions and a
> prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others."
>
> Did I misuse the term here? I don't believe I named
> called anyone. You ARE a bigot if you have a
> prejudiced intolerance.

Thanks for sharing your definition. Based on comments, I think the term could actually fit you well also. There appears to be alot of "prejudiced intolerance" on both sides (pre-judging of others and unwillingness to agree to disagree).

Contrary to popular belief (and this forced "political correctness"), a person can respect another's view without having to "accept and celebrate" it. I don't have a problem with others who don't agree, like or accept my choices -- just respect them and we' re good. Guess that's not enough for some folks though....resort to being called "bigots" -- smh.....

the misconception..

May 10, 2014, 10:23 PM

created by the media and gay rights groups is that if one doesnt agree with it..then they obviously hate them as humans.when that isnt the case..i have no problem with gay people..if i saw a gay person needing help i would help them in a heart beat not even a second thought..but that still doesnt change the fact that i think the lifestyle isnt normal or natural

May 10, 2014, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: im sick of.. ]

Please point me to where I said you had to "accept and celebrate" it? I'm not advocating that you do either, I am simply stating that you are a big for being prejudiced against homosexuals.

You are setting up a straw man argument and putting words in my mouth.

May 10, 2014, 10:47 PM

> Please point me to where I said you had to "accept
> and celebrate" it? I'm not advocating that you do
> either, I am simply stating that you are a big for
> being prejudiced against homosexuals.
>
> You are setting up a straw man argument and putting
> words in my mouth.

So ironic: based on your definition, I could so very easily call you a bigot for being prejudiced against Christians or against people on this board whose opinions differ from yours...but it serves no purpose. I made a statement re: political correctness in today's world and the repercussions (made it within the context of the topic of this post - Sam's draft celebration). I am not setting up any type of argument, nor did I put words in your mouth. But if that's what you want to be the result, so be it...not my intent and not interested in a debate.

May 10, 2014, 10:49 PM

I simply think that gay and straight people should have the same rights and be treated with the same respect. Is that so bad?

I do not wish to attack you or your beliefs but merely that we all be treated equally.

Isn't there a difference between tolerance and acceptance?

May 10, 2014, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: im sick of.. ]

One can tolerate the homosexual behavior of people, but not accept said behavior as normal, good, desirable, or preferable. No?

Re: Isn't there a difference between tolerance and acceptance?

May 10, 2014, 10:51 PM

How about we just treat everyone with the same respect whether they are gay or not. We are all entitled to the same rights I thought.

One does not have the right of my acceptance of...

May 10, 2014, 11:13 PM

his or her behavior, lifestyle, beliefs, sports affiliations, politics, sexual desires, and so forth. Nor do I have the right to require that another person accept mine.

Watch the #### video, its disgusting. See the bar

May 10, 2014, 9:49 PM

keeps moving.

Now we not only have to accept he is openly gay, we have to ENJOY watching gays make out.

Absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to watch two men make out. They ruined the NFL draft.

agreed...

May 10, 2014, 9:51 PM

and people throw out the.."then why did you watch" card..uh i was watching for the nfl draft.not men smear cake and kiss...if i wanted to see that id watch a wedding

It was obviously set up to create a stir. The guy is out

May 10, 2014, 9:53 PM

for publicity it is obvious now, if it wasn't before.

He will make more of speaking and books then he will in the NFL. The absurdity of where we are in Western Civilization is off the charts.

Re: Watch the #### video, its disgusting. See the bar

May 10, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Watch the #### video, its disgusting. See the bar ]

Nobody is saying you have to enjoy watching that, it was a spur of the moment kiss. You can turn the channel whenever you would like. People are calling these two men very disgusting things and would ruin their lives given the chance. I'm so sorry they "ruined" the draft for you, that's just so terrible.

OK I'll train myself to be ready to graphic homosexual

May 10, 2014, 9:55 PM

acts during TOTALLY unrelated events like the NFL draft so the instant I suspect something is about to go down I can flip stations.

Absurd.

Re: OK I'll train myself to be ready to graphic homosexual

May 10, 2014, 9:56 PM

If it was his gf instead of a boyfriend would you call it graphic? I bet you wouldn't. This is pure bigotry at it's finest.

ur calling people who think 2 dudes kissing

May 10, 2014, 10:05 PM

As gross bigots BC they don't feel the same way when its a girl and boy? U sound like a total ######.

I'm all for gay rights but the last thing I want to watch is 2 dude getting it on. I guess I'm a bigot as well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ur calling people who think 2 dudes kissing

May 10, 2014, 10:06 PM

you are not a bigot for not wanting to watch two dudes kiss, but you are if you call them disgusting and all sorts of other hateful things.

Why is two guys kissing any different than

May 10, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to ur calling people who think 2 dudes kissing ]

a guy and girl kissing?

well being a hetero it totally creeps me out

May 10, 2014, 10:13 PM

I'm all for people eating snails or bugs if they want bit doesn't mean it doesn't freak me out. Not sure what is hard to understand here or are u just being a #######? Im all for people living their lives as they please and hope it makes them happy but doesn't mean I want to watch it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

im like this if two dudes..

May 10, 2014, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Why is two guys kissing any different than ]

want to be together more power to them bu ti dont wan to see them kissing or doing other stuff...i mean heck if someone wants to bang their pet thats them not me..but i do not wan to see them doing it.

Re: im like this if two dudes..

May 10, 2014, 10:18 PM

That's the thing, nobody is saying you have to like watching it. The problem is when people are attacking these guys and throwing very hateful terms at them.

i mentioned this earlier..

May 10, 2014, 10:20 PM

im watching the nfl draft..then suddenly bam two guys kissing..its not like there was a warning saying "hey two guys are about to kiss" i mean i did tune in to watch football players get selected to teams not make out sessions

Re: i mentioned this earlier..

May 10, 2014, 10:27 PM

you still don't seem to get it though, should there be a warning for all the players who kissed there girlfriends as well? Why do the gay players have to be treated differently or as if there is something wrong with them?

Should we still separate water fountains for black people as well?

You are the one who doesn't "get it" - why dont U switch

May 10, 2014, 10:44 PM

to another fan board if you don't like his sentiment about gays or him having to [surprisingly] see the #### act of kissing - you have been warned and keep coming back for more. Are you just trying to "flame" the situation with your own bigotry????

I say you are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: You are the one who doesn't "get it" - why dont U switch

May 10, 2014, 10:46 PM

I have been warned? Am I being threatened here?

Are you really that stupid? You should get help. And don't drink - you are probably one of those who really becomes an ####### when they do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2014, 10:52 PM

and yet you don't even need a drink to call people an ####### it seems....

All I am saying is that gay and straight people should be treated with the same respect. If that makes me an ####### then so be it.

May 10, 2014, 11:02 PM

LOL - you really should go into comedy.

May 10, 2014, 11:11 PM

Do you know how to follow a thread? Are you sure you are replying to the correct person?

Little to heavy on the ole granpa's syrup tonight?

So Gay is the New Black...

May 10, 2014, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: i mentioned this earlier.. ]

Here is a major problem that I have with the assertion that the gay movement is the equivalent of the previous black civil rights or women's suffrage movements. A homosexual man or woman has to inform you, either by his/her actions or words, that he/she is gay. Homosexuals have the choice to mask or hide their sexual preferences or proclivities. To the contrary, blacks cannot cover up their blackness. Nor can women really conceal their gender.

A man with homosexual tendencies, namely one who kept those tendencies hidden, could vote in elections long before women or blacks. Has there ever been a gay suffrage movement? Why not?

Also, a discrete man with such a sexual preference could also work at desirable jobs and reach certain positions that were unavailable to blacks and women. Remember that J. Edgar Hoover ascended highly in the Department of Justice as far back as the 1920's, even though it has been rumored that he may have been gay. What woman or black had a comparably high-level government job during that period? What separate water fountains or rest rooms were there for gays in Alabama in 1953? What amendment was needed to give gays the right to vote or to be freed from slavery?

Thus, dear sir (or madam), please save me the incongruous political comparison between homosexuals of today and blacks of yesterday.

Re: So Gay is the New Black...

May 11, 2014, 12:00 AM

what you've just said... is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...

Please enlighten me on the errors or fallacies or holes...

May 11, 2014, 12:11 AM

in my argument, thought process, or examples. I notice that you have failed to address any of my points. Anybody can call a statement or argument "idiotic," even a four-year old. An intelligent person can deconstruct said argument with a real counterargument and actual counterpoints. Are you capable of such?

Re: Please enlighten me on the errors or fallacies or holes...

May 11, 2014, 12:15 AM

It's a quote from Billy Madison, meant to be funny.

Chillax homie

That's because they are being treated equally. There is no

May 11, 2014, 8:51 AM [ in reply to i mentioned this earlier.. ]

warning when a guy and girl make out on TV, why should there be a warning if 2 guys are going to make out? It was spontaneous, just like a lot of draftees kissing their GF's. No different.

Well, here are some plausible reasons....

May 10, 2014, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Why is two guys kissing any different than ]

Kissing in a romantic relationship is often a prelude to sex (or an indication that the two parties may be in a sexual relationship). The entire human species is the direct and exclusive result of the union of male and female gametes. That is, our existence is dependent on sex between a man and a woman (unless artificial insemination ever absolutely replaces intercourse). In fact, our very internal sexual organs and secondary sexual characteristics are based on the complementary features of men and women.

Perhaps these facts explain why many people viscerally cringe at the sight of two men engaging in a romantic kiss. It is viewed as an unnatural, inherently unfruitful attempt to simulate the male-female coupling upon which human existence depends.

did you miss biology class?

May 11, 2014, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Why is two guys kissing any different than ]

theres a difference. To say there is not is a gross denial of nature itself. but people want to do what they want to do, so go for it...just dont do it at sporting events...save that for hbo or whatever tv they put that junk on.

Re:And I'lll bet that you watched, three days, just to see i

May 10, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Watch the #### video, its disgusting. See the bar ]

Did it make your day?

Re:And I'lll bet that you watched, three days, just to see i

May 10, 2014, 10:05 PM

Nice personal attack. You seem like a really great person.

asking if seeing a gay bar on ESPN made your day is a personal attack?

May 10, 2014, 10:11 PM

Explain.

Re: asking if seeing a gay bar on ESPN made your day is a personal attack?

May 10, 2014, 10:15 PM

Really? He was insinuating that I was a homosexual. Please do try to keep up.

If he did, I don't see that as a personal attack.***

May 10, 2014, 10:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he did, I don't see that as a personal attack.***

May 10, 2014, 10:41 PM

?

yeah, you sound like being a #### is bad or something.***

May 10, 2014, 11:05 PM

I do not think it was spur of the moment. It was set up from

May 10, 2014, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Watch the #### video, its disgusting. See the bar ]

the beginning. Why else would ESPN be there for a late round pick? If he did not get drafted there would be the whole NFL was scared to draft a gay player.

Re: I do not think it was spur of the moment. It was set up from

May 10, 2014, 10:09 PM

You mean you think ESPN purposely told them to kiss?

Do you think ESPN is above that? I do not believe it was a

May 10, 2014, 10:12 PM

spur of the moment kiss. Why was ESPN there with cameras for someone that was drafted so late. Is that something normal for them?

Re: Do you think ESPN is above that? I do not believe it was a

May 10, 2014, 10:14 PM

they were there for a late round Tajh Boyd pick. Is that a conspiracy too?

Do you have evidence to suggest that this was setup by ESPN, if not then you might be a little paranoid.

May 10, 2014, 10:34 PM

No evidence just do not care. Did not see the Boyd one. But at least when talking about Boyd it is about football. Everything I see about Sam is talking about him being gay. Also as the poster below stated (and seen on ESPN.com), I think putting cameras in the gay bar pretty much sums it up. Not saying that ESPN set it up but it was not spontaneous as you say. I think you are naive if you do not think they were only there because he was gay

May 10, 2014, 10:42 PM

Do you have a problem with him being gay?

His being gay does not affect me. I have a problem with him

being put above others just because of his lifestyle. Just because I do not agree with his lifestye has nothing to do with my argument on this. I have a problem with the way it is being put across. He is not a hero because he came out. A hero puts his life on the line. He is just a football player. He is profiting from coming out so he is not a hero. It may have been heroic a few years ago but not now

not to mention they had cameras camped at a gay bar..***

May 10, 2014, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Do you think ESPN is above that? I do not believe it was a ]

sports used to be a place we got away from politics

May 10, 2014, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Watch the #### video, its disgusting. See the bar ]

with espn we get the prez, dumb owner stories about his ho and being a racist and now 2 dudes kissing

might as well watch lifetime or hgtv

why a dude sleeping with another dude is a story is beyond me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for them as they finally got it right.***

May 10, 2014, 10:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This looks EXACTLY like our board right now...***

May 10, 2014, 10:31 PM

Re: This looks EXACTLY like our board right now...***

May 10, 2014, 10:43 PM

Agreed, I think they are a little more lenient with the filters over there though. I at least see them bleeped out over here.

Look I don't give a ##### what 2 men do

May 11, 2014, 12:01 AM

spare time and quite honestly could care less who they choose to marry. But the Michael s display was disgusting not in the fact that it was 2 men kissing, but due to the obvious fact that it was put on as a show and the whole cake rubbing and making out on national television was not disgusting and uncalled for and I would be saying the same thing if it were a man and a woman yet not once did you see as player and his girlfriend/wife/ SO act like that. It was clearly for publicity and would have been frowned upon and made fun of of had been a man and a woman. Anyone who sits there and supports that showing today is the reason gay marriage is such an issue, the bottom line is most people don't care what 2 guys do in their bedrooms but this flagrant in your face look at me I'm an asspirate ##### is beyond annoying. If you want to be respected the same way as a married man and woman then act like it dammn it, otherwise stunts like this and the in your face sexual innuendo is only going to cause more disdain for homosexuality.

Re: Holy crap, FGF is even more bigoted than this board...

May 11, 2014, 12:03 AM

My take on it is - if you think that's disgusting or it bothers you, that's your problem. By definition, in fact.

Not Michael Sam's or ESPN's.

Nature says it's between a male & a female & so does Bible..

May 11, 2014, 12:24 AM

so I'm sticking to those age-old & tried norms that seem appropriate..but will be tolerant to those that don't see it that way..whether by choice, convenience or some reason I don't understand.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will guess

May 11, 2014, 12:33 AM

many message board across the country have covered this topic. Yes this may be the 21st Century, but many people (including me) don't want to watch two guys kiss on TV (especially something related to football).

Re: I will guess

May 11, 2014, 12:35 AM

And I didn't say you don't have the right to feel that way. Just that it's your problem that you do. ESPN isn't obligated to follow the wishes of the masses. If they were, they wouldn't promote the SEC over every other conference.

The Bible also says

May 11, 2014, 1:53 AM [ in reply to Nature says it's between a male & a female & so does Bible.. ]

Let who is without sin cast the first stone

PDA is disgusting no matter who they are my friend.

May 20, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Holy crap, FGF is even more bigoted than this board... ]

Like I said, I don't give a ##### about people's sexual preferences, I wouldn't have even cared if they hugged and had a small kiss but the ##### with the cake and pretty much dry humping each other was uncalled for and not the type of ##### I want to see when watching the draft. If tajh would have started tonguefucking his girlfriend I would have done the same thing. Not everyone's out to get gay people I hope you guys get the chance to marry but stop acting like you can do whatever the hell you want just because you're gay, if you want it to be normal then act like it. Some how I'm the one who has a problem because I don't want to se soft porrn while watching sports. Everyone wants to be the gay Jesse jackson these days. You do realize being a bigot goes both ways, right?

Re: Holy crap, FGF is even more bigoted than this board...

May 11, 2014, 1:48 AM

Unfortunately all the horrible crap being said over there reminds me of what was being said here when the Sam story broke originally. Both fanbases have their fair share of stupid people.

It's unfortunate, but at least most of them will be dead soon. They grew up in an environment which said this was "the devil", and there's nothing we can do to change that.

For the first time I agree with those

May 11, 2014, 8:20 AM

Guys. At least they are standing up to this gay sh#t. I'm sick and tired of faggots and lesbos being shoved in my face everywhere I go. The fact that so many of you are taking their side makes me wonder about our fanbase.

Re: For the first time I agree with those

May 11, 2014, 8:23 AM

You seem a little TOO offended, is there something you want to tell us?

Lol seriously is the best you can

May 11, 2014, 8:26 AM

Respond with? Wow

Re: Lol seriously is the best you can

May 11, 2014, 8:36 AM

Oh boy you really got me. Go crawl back in the woods redneck.

Why you saying redneck like it's a bad thing?***

May 11, 2014, 5:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why you saying redneck like it's a bad thing?***

May 11, 2014, 6:22 PM

I'll let you figure that one out

May 11, 2014, 2:02 PM [ in reply to For the first time I agree with those ]

You sound like a real peach. How many Confederate flags do you have tattooed on your body?

May 11, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to For the first time I agree with those ]

>Guys. At least they are standing up to this gay sh#t. I'm >sick and tired of faggots and lesbos being shoved in my >face everywhere I go. The fact that so many of you are >taking their side makes me wonder about our fanbase.

^^^This is the intellectual way to voice your opinions.

Take notes, liberals.

I will hit you with my purse and scratch your eyes out!

May 11, 2014, 5:53 PM [ in reply to For the first time I agree with those ]

signed
DSP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does that make it six years in a row?

May 11, 2014, 5:52 PM

DOH!

DANG Coots are winning at everything these days!! ;-) *****

May 11, 2014, 6:08 PM

Replies: 89
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic