Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break

Jun 13, 2020, 2:06 PM

Sorry for posting in wrong places and inviting thought around the issues around our teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break

Jun 13, 2020, 2:12 PM

Hey before you go I asked a question on the other thread. What is your sermon about tomorrow? I’m not being a jerk. I’m just sincerely interested in what you will talk about during these troubled times?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preaching through the book of Samuel right now..

Jun 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

Was doing this pre-George Floyd and pre Ahmaud Arbery. So, my applications- not exegesis- speaks to what is going on often times- but Jesus is always the answer. I have been off for last couple of weeks but I will send you a link of livestream sermons I’ve preached recently. I have a multiethnic congregation so I have to be sensitive to both- we are also politically diverse- whew it’s hard!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T-mail me

Jun 13, 2020, 2:20 PM

Nm

Re: Preaching through the book of Samuel right now..

Jun 13, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Preaching through the book of Samuel right now.. ]

Thank you sir and God bless.

Jun 13, 2020, 2:13 PM

I'll second that. See ya. Baseball season would be a good time to come back on an occasional basis.

Jun 13, 2020, 2:13 PM

I will too. It's funny though how these issues only come up after a black man is killed by a white man. haven't heard one mention about the black guy in Delaware that shot and killed 2 elderly white people visiting a veterans cemetery. Read the story and not one time does it say a black man killed 2 white people. They are simply referred to as people. This is the double standard I am talking about. So just keep on fooling yourself if you think we only have one set of problems.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/trending/delaware-man-fatally-shoots-elderly-maryland-couple-cemetery-police-say/Q5VE7SI75NFF7HY7MOSVPPOHUE/

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

Holy cow! What in the world was that shoot out about? Wow.

Jun 13, 2020, 2:21 PM

Brown doesn't talk about blacks killing people, only whites.

No, as a pastor I talk TO blacks about killing each other.. this is not ideological for me..

Jun 13, 2020, 2:29 PM

As a pastor of a multiethnic church this is my practice. I’ve written and done seminars mostly FOR and TO black men and women not about what the white man has done though I would not dare ignore factors of racism and historical prejudices role- I talk about our idols and our brokenness and my own fallen ways and hatred and idolatry I have against and of others. The common recent topic though has been about violence AGAINST blacks by others. But no way I’m ignoring this. Many of on this board to about something. I do it too. I get lathered up too... but I am in it, I am speaking to us as one of us!! To black and white and Asian and Hispanic as someone who is actually who is actually in Community with them. Not someone who doesn’t live, worship or in accountable friendships like some people who are guessing and making up what they think is happening between the races. I see, live and Pastor it on a daily basis.

You need a platform as large as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpto

Jun 13, 2020, 3:28 PM

to present a stance on the black-on-black killings in gang violence that are so common since BLM apparently ignores the serious nature of this issue. BLM is currently boycotting and demonstrating at a Greenwood, SC restaurant because the owner said something about it in a Facebook post. He did nothing but start a fact as he sees it and has been chastised ever since the posting Apparently freedom of speech does not apply anymore even if the statement is only meant to bring attention to a problem that needs to be addressed because the offended didn't want to hear it from a white man. Maybe you could take the message nationally and people will listen, but watch for your toes to be stepped on. Star Parker had a very good column in today's paper that everyone e should read.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain

Jun 13, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to No, as a pastor I talk TO blacks about killing each other.. this is not ideological for me.. ]

because you are slow to learn Hebrews 5:11

Jun 13, 2020, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

I really wish I knew. Personally this is horrendous no matter what race was involved. I was just making the point that there is no outrage when this happens to white people.

Jun 13, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

I will too. It's funny though how these issues only come up after a black man is killed by a white man. haven't heard one mention about the black guy in Delaware that shot and killed 2 elderly white people visiting a veterans cemetery. Read the story and not one time does it say a black man killed 2 white people. They are simply referred to as people. This is the double standard I am talking about. So just keep on fooling yourself if you think we only have one set of problems.

https://www.boston25news.com/news/trending/delaware-man-fatally-shoots-elderly-maryland-couple-cemetery-police-say/Q5VE7SI75NFF7HY7MOSVPPOHUE/

Boy, you just cannot comprehend. It's painful reading your posts.

Jun 13, 2020, 2:47 PM

Project much?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 13, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

And this, there is a double standard, and until people of color admit it, you can take white peoples name off of every building in America, and racism will still exist, and talking about change as if it's a white only problem, change will never happen. Whites know there is double standard, and they know that the hate against whites with people of color today is as bad as it was with the white hate against people of color 150 years ago!!! Hate kills any chance of peace or change, and until the past can be left in the past, we can't accept one another as equals in our future....

https://www.boston25news.com/news/trending/3-protesters-tracked-officers-their-homes-torched-their-police-cars-authorities-say/2UO5SXOKOJGV3L2HNSODYH633Y/

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

That's all you know how to say is I can't comprehend. Those must be the only words you know because I haven't seen one post from you about anything important. Furthermore what don't you comprehend? You are a total moron if you read that story and dismiss it as oh well. People like you make me sick to stomach because you think you know so much when you really don't know your ### from a hole in the ground.

Jun 13, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

Oh and if it is so painful don't read it. It's obvious you didn't read the story.There may be a reason for that.

Jun 13, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

Surely a black man killing white people will spend the rest of his life in jail or get the death penalty. The hammer will come down in him. Surprised the cops haven’t already killed him before his trial. This isn’t usually the case when the opposite occurs, especially if the murderer is a police officer.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 5:25 PM

Ah, chose to comment based on pre-conceived notions, but clear you did not read the story. The murderer is already dead - not clear if the result of a self-inflicted gunshot or from a shootout with the police.

Jun 13, 2020, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

Didn't read the story huh?

Jun 13, 2020, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I will give it a rest. I feel like I’m toxic. Taking a break ]

We need to open our minds and understand where the other side is coming from though.

So, when did you graduate from Clemson. What did you study?

Jun 13, 2020, 2:38 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

93... English and History - switched from chemistry when I felt called

Jun 13, 2020, 3:06 PM

To ministry. Had lots of interesting electives for an English major in the end

Re: 93... English and History - switched from chemistry when I felt called

Jun 13, 2020, 3:15 PM

I still have nightmares about the limited number of chem classes I was required to take and that was over 35 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 93... English and History - switched from chemistry when I felt called

Jun 13, 2020, 4:37 PM

How I understand you. I started graduate school in chem here in 1959. Worst experience of my life.

Jun 13, 2020, 3:36 PM

I appreciate your thoughts and comments. I certainly don’t think you’re toxic. I hate to see you take a break.

Jun 13, 2020, 4:21 PM

There are always at least two sides to every issue. One side concentrates their rhetoric on the wrong=doings of the other side and vice versa. Everything is on a negative basis. There are so many good things we could talk about between the races that are extremely positive. A positive attitude among all people will calm our nerves and fears and lead to a solution that benefits every one of us. Unfortunately, our politicians in both parties are the greatest stumbling blocks to a sensible solution to most of our problems. Beware of those who promise worldly goodies rather than an opportunity to be the best you can be'

I grew up in the South during the great depression. I saw injustices and I also saw human love and compassion. The Black population was quite large and whites and blacks shared the same food. No one was going to be denied food regardless of skin color.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 4:28 PM

I agree with you Joe, but I will not sit by and let all these people call me racist and infringe on my rights. I didn't start this war but I #### sure will stand up for myself and my race. Black people can do it and so can I.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic