Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed

Sep 26, 2018, 7:26 AM

with Syracuse. The first half was a comedy of errors by both teams and ended at 6-0. I didn't think the Cuse offense looked much better in the second half, but the FSU defenders started missing tackles. The whole FSU defense looked gassed. Before I watched the game and heard about it, I was expecting to see Syracuse lighting up FSU's defense. But really it was just WR screens and off-tackle runs where the defender was in position but would miss a lazy attempt at an arm tackle. Also Dungey was constantly coming out of the game with an injury here and there. As long as we contain their screen plays, we should have no trouble. The FSU - Cuse game is much more about a lack of cohesion on the FSU side than any great offense by Syracuse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed

Sep 26, 2018, 7:38 AM

The FSU O could not get any drives going. The FSU D was doing fine until gassed. I saw the same thing you did. I fully expect us to roll against ‘Cuse, and I mean them no disrespect. It’s just what I really think will happen. Our tuffest test will be NCSU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCST is terrible.***

Sep 26, 2018, 8:03 AM

Sep 26, 2018, 7:39 AM

I’m guessing you weren’t impressed with Syracuse coming into last year’s game either. Am I close?

Sep 26, 2018, 7:43 AM

You are correct on that. Last year we had an injured running QB trying to play, and our sub QB that came in was not ready for prime time. That is not the case this year. Venables is very good at preparing the D after they’ve been burn by a playing style. The D will be ready as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 9:13 AM

The last I looked that QB is riding the pine for Jacksonville State.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed ]

^^Exactly. We were not impressed, D played their worst game of the year, QB was injured and we put the wrong backup in the game, FG kicker was injured and playing a new FG kicker who missed two chipshots that would have won the game. Don't look now but THAT WAS THE LAST GAME THAT SU WON LAST YEAR.

So no - we were not impressed, and we are still not impressed. Is that more clear now? You have to earn respect - it is not given.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:48 AM

crystal clear. Thanks. Tells me a lot.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:57 AM

I completely respect what Cuse was able to do last year, and the Cuse football heritage. My favorite NFL player of all time was a Cuse graduate (Larry Csonka). I still think we mishandled the game last year, and the most important position on the field will be a plus for us this year, not a liability.

Sep 26, 2018, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed ]

Sorry dude. I come across as too harsh most times. My apologies. I like Babers as a coach, and Dungey is a handful that might play at the next level. It will be one of the better games this weekend. Peace out and have fun this week.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed ]

I was...after the game. But in fairness, our QB was trying to gut through a bad ankle sprain and ended up getting himself knocked out. In fact, that was the first instance of mishandling KB. He never should have started that game.
Was it his own pride that gave him the strength to fool the staff all week? Were the coaches just not confident in either of the backups? Hard to say for sure, but one or both could have been better prepared if KB hadn’t hogged all the reps.

Your team will give us a game for a while. I like the hustle of your QB, and who wouldn’t like your coach and what he’s done while there? Hope it’s an enjoyable matchup for about 30-40 minutes, but I do expect our depth to wear you down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Sep 26, 2018, 7:50 AM

I agree. By third quarter, you should pull away.

But let me add a bit of praise to be nice

Sep 26, 2018, 9:06 AM

The screen to the running back that Syracuse ran was a thing of beauty. I mean that. It was perfectly executed. Clemson has not been executing those screens well on offense. That is a play that I can see going for huge gains if the Clemson D isn't constantly watching for it.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed ]

No. Our starting QB was injured and our guys didn’t even show up to play. It happens to several really good teams every year. There’s a mental side to sports that is hard to predict. Believe what you want but Cuse was NOT a better team than Clemson last year. Not even close. The stars aligned for a few hours for you guys and unless the coaches are losing the team due to the QB change it’s not going to happen again this year. The game won’t be close. If I had to guess what will happen Saturday I would say that you will have the full attention of a superior group of athletes and Clemson wins by at least two touchdowns. Enjoy your trash talk now. Enjoy a well earned win from last year. Because of last year you’re not going to catch this team sleepwalking into this game this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed ]

I'm sure I didn't watch any Syracuse games before we played last year. The fact that I did watch a game this year shows that I'm a bit more concerned this year than last. But what I *heard* about the FSU - Syracuse game and what I saw were two different things. I just don't see a Syracuse team that is ready to beat a top 10 team on the road. Last year was last year.

Sep 26, 2018, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: I watched FSU - Cuse. I'm totally NOT impressed ]

I'm impressed with Dungey and some of your skill players. No question Cuse has a solid QB and some long guys that can get up to the ball. The trenches are going to tell the story, and that's where Clemson likely pulls away from what may be an early shootout.

Sep 26, 2018, 7:46 AM

I hope you're right. Didn't see much of that game, just shocked by the final score. I'm heading up this weekend with Myfavjr. We shouldn't be hard to spot, we'll be wearing orange. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched as well. That “dome” is decidedly not TV

Sep 26, 2018, 8:26 AM

friendly..... felt like I was watching an arena league game.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic