Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was a very proud father last night. Myfavjr. bagged and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I was a very proud father last night. Myfavjr. bagged and

Dec 4, 2020, 8:35 AM

tagged his first deer. It was about a 90 yd. shot. He was so excited, just about as much as I was. His first words this morning were, "daddy, I can't wait to get to school and tell my friends."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Atta Boy MfOJr!!!!!!!

Dec 4, 2020, 8:49 AM

May this be the first of M A N Y ! ! !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Atta Boy MfOJr!!!!!!!

Dec 4, 2020, 5:38 PM

Tell the processor to make some meat loafs!!!

Nice kill young Emerson!!!

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him, and you. I never personally got into deer

Dec 4, 2020, 8:55 AM

hunting, but it is a religion to some of my acquaintances and former coworkers.

You will get a kick out of comedian Ron White talking about deer hunting, if you have never heard his bit on it. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good for him, and you. I never personally got into deer

Dec 5, 2020, 2:20 PM

there's also a funny song.can't remember the exact title-something about the 1st or 2nd week of deer camp.like you,i've never gotten into deer hunting(don't care for venison),so as long as there's meat to be had in the stores,i'll refrain.do love the shooting sports though.sent a lot of targets to their graves,along with a few clay birds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I was a very proud father last night. Myfavjr. bagged and

Dec 4, 2020, 9:03 AM

Congrats to jr ! I'm sure it is just the 1st of many. He needs to keep those pesky car smashers at bay.

Anyone who's against deer hunting needs to watch nature film of deer starving to death due to over population.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 9:24 AM

Most likely filmed on some of the South Carolina barrier islands.

They used to (maybe still do) have a terrible problem down there with overpopulation!

Dec 4, 2020, 5:38 PM

Lived on Fripp for a while. Some big bucks there. Residents warned not to feed them but they were almost as tame as the family dog. I kept considering my recurve but nowhere to dress one lol.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I was a very proud father last night. Myfavjr. bagged and ]

I'm certainly not against anybody hunting for what they're going to eat, but, I learned many years ago that it wasn't for me....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 9:30 AM

Picking my boy up from school today at 3:00. Going to take him to the local bow shop here in Statesboro to pickup his first bow. He's 7 and loves to hunt with me. Good times man. Happy for you and your boy bagging his first deer.

I never really bow hunted any. He's shooting a .243 youth.

Dec 4, 2020, 10:29 AM

Great father/son time together that can never be equaled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never really bow hunted any. He's shooting a .243 youth.

Dec 4, 2020, 1:55 PM

I bought him a youth 243 also. Have not given that to him yet. Last three years have been all about the basics of deer hunting. He'll be given his first try and shooting next year.

Re: I never really bow hunted any. He's shooting a .243 youth.

Dec 5, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to I never really bow hunted any. He's shooting a .243 youth. ]

Was with my Son when I killed my biggest but that was 35 years ago, he's 51 now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Dec 4, 2020, 10:14 AM

I’ve heard it said “raise him in the woods and you will never have to worry about where he is “. Hunting instills patience, independence and many other characteristics that seem to be in short supply these days. Kudos to you and your son!

Dec 4, 2020, 10:17 AM

Congrats to you both -- never can get ""the first one"" again,but many more memories to be made --congrats again,Monk**

a lot of great father/son bonding. special moments together***

Dec 4, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I was a very proud father last night. Myfavjr. bagged and ]

Dec 5, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I was a very proud father last night. Myfavjr. bagged and ]

That’s a quote from Archibald Rutledge, perhaps the most prolific South Carolinian outdoor writer. You won’t go wrong raising a kid by those principles. Congrats to you both

Did Myfavjr. get first bite out of the heart?

Dec 4, 2020, 10:18 AM

this is a father son tradition that dates back to the native Americans. Not doing so would be disrespectful to your kill, and all of its spirit relatives. For your sake I hope you did, because a lot of poltergeist hauntings start this way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we didn't go that far but, he did have some blood on his

Dec 4, 2020, 10:26 AM

face.

Re: we didn't go that far but, he did have some blood on his

Dec 5, 2020, 5:22 PM

Oh yes, the bloodying the face was a must when a grew up deer hunting. And I enjoyed deer hunting until the day I had the one that I only wounded, and it sounded like it was crying, and hunting ended for me that day!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Myfavjr. get first bite out of the heart?

Dec 4, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Did Myfavjr. get first bite out of the heart? ]

Does your employer know you are advocating Cultural Appropriation?

All of this is fact^^^^^^^

Dec 4, 2020, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Did Myfavjr. get first bite out of the heart? ]

As usual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Myfavjr. get first bite out of the heart?

Dec 5, 2020, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Did Myfavjr. get first bite out of the heart? ]

I can vouch for this. I'm still haunted by the spirit of the first one I took... Or maybe that's my ex... I dunno, it's an annoying spirit of some sort

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations, MfOjr!!***

Dec 4, 2020, 11:42 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Kinda How BUZZPAW felt the first time his Junior

Dec 4, 2020, 1:22 PM

took a Ga Tech Soyboy to the basement for a tune-up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 1:34 PM

That is awesome! Congrats MyfavOrange and MyfavOrangeJr.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 2:03 PM

Congrats!

Reminds me of my first buck. The 1988 Chrysler New Yorker was totaled.

Ouch!!!***

Dec 5, 2020, 8:26 AM

And I bet it was bigger than my first one

Dec 4, 2020, 5:17 PM

a 70 pound button buck ...... and I was around 27 years old.

Dec 4, 2020, 5:36 PM

Congratulations to Jr. and proud dad!

Dec 5, 2020, 12:05 AM

Hunting can be an obsession, It was for me. I remember when all my kids got their first deer. I am glad they are not as obsessed about it as I was. It cost me the hearing in my left ear. Please buy them the head phones that close off when you shoot. I knew I was in trouble one day I was shooting @ a riffle range and forgot to put in my ear plugs and I did not notice it. Protect your kids ears.

Good advice, thank you!

Dec 5, 2020, 8:30 AM

OrangeCrush61

Pigs

Dec 5, 2020, 4:53 AM

or it didn't happen

A $450 two man Muddy Quad deer stand, $250 youth .243,

Dec 5, 2020, 8:35 AM

countless hours working food plots and target practicing, now $100 for processing, but it is all worth it seeing the look and excitement on my son's face. So trust me, it happened.

Dec 5, 2020, 6:10 AM

That’s awesome. I’ve taken my 8 yr old several times but he’s yet to kill his first one. Maybe this year it’ll happen. Tell Jr congrats.

Dec 5, 2020, 7:43 AM

Congratulations to him, and I know you're proud!!

Dec 5, 2020, 9:12 AM

Congrats MFO, Jr. The family eats tonight. Glad for both of you.

Dec 5, 2020, 9:24 AM

Awesome , My greatest memories of Deer Hunting are my 2 daughters killing their first deer. Congrats to you and your son!

Dec 5, 2020, 2:40 PM

Way to go, Myfavjr! I haven't hunted in years; too busted up. I'd give anything to go hunting with my father, who's hunting in that big reserve in the sky now. Enjoy that venison!

Dec 5, 2020, 3:54 PM

Congratulations! May he have many years of successful hunting with you.

Proud moment indeed

Dec 5, 2020, 4:23 PM

Congrats to the young hunter. First of many I'm sure

Message was edited by: tigerpathmd®

Dec 5, 2020, 5:03 PM

I remember my first, but I remember last even more. I've never heard a wounded animal scream/cry out the way the last animal I've ever killed in my life time.

I was 27 years old at the time, and it was when deer was mostly hunted on deer drives with your buddies, and with a pack of deer hunting dogs, and the last deer I shot was the last deer drive, and the last time I've ever killed an animal for food or sport hunting. I sold all my hunting gear, Gun, knives, stool, and a few boxes of 00 buckshot that I used for hunting. I've never been back, and that was 41 years ago around this time of the year.

Dec 5, 2020, 5:40 PM

I hunted and slaughtered many an animal... Quit for pretty much the same reason, but a person who eats meat should make a kill. Then you will know that it comes from an animal and not the grocery store. My earliest scene of a kill was my Meme wringing a chicken at the farm.... Watching that bird flop was quite an experience...

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic