Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What about the dad's who are fulltime mom's?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

What about the dad's who are fulltime mom's?

Jan 27, 2021, 11:09 AM

Like me?

And there are more of us than many people realize.

https://www.newsweek.com/alyssa-milano-charlize-theron-stimulus-moms-marshall-plan-1564811

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support you

Jan 27, 2021, 11:31 AM

and what about this site? What about Dads?

https://www.aplaceformom.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

DId you lose your job?

Jan 27, 2021, 11:39 AM

I think the point they were trying to make here is that women have taken a beating in the workforce this year.

Kids can't go to school? Percentage wise it's the moms who have got to figure that out.

I can't imagine how tough this year has been for most people. I'm fortunate to have a flexible work situation, and a high enough dual income for outside help otherwise there's no way I could have remained employed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DId you lose your job?

Jan 27, 2021, 12:12 PM

Percentage wise, yes. But, single dads need help too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about the dad's who are fulltime mom's?

Jan 27, 2021, 11:40 AM

I started reading that article. Then I read “In December all the jobs lost in the U.S. economy were lost by women”. Ok credibility shot. No thanks.

For $2,400 I certainly can certainly

Jan 27, 2021, 11:47 AM

"feel like a natural woman"....

.......long enough to deposit that check anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For $2,400 I certainly can certainly

Jan 27, 2021, 11:49 AM

Hmmm?? I predict more “identifiers”.

I predict some WNBA players will not like Joe Biden

Jan 27, 2021, 11:51 AM

in a few years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I predict some WNBA players will not like Joe Biden

Jan 27, 2021, 11:54 AM

Yep. That’s on the way.

this throwing around of trillions of dollars

Jan 27, 2021, 12:11 PM

is complete insanity on all levels.

Dying from coronavirus should be the last of our worries. My first is whats going to happen as soon as we open back up and realize, wait, we have $3trillion to pay back....with interest. Awesome! Yay! Go America!

Re: this throwing around of trillions of dollars

Jan 27, 2021, 12:14 PM

Great plan and excuse to tax the life out of the middle class in the name of fairness and equality.

Jan 27, 2021, 12:19 PM

In the last four years, the national debt went from $19T to $26.4T. How much did your taxes go up?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2021, 12:22 PM

So, your point is that it’s ok to just keep piling up more and more debt? That’s the mentality of most American households.

well if you want to know

Jan 27, 2021, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: this throwing around of trillions of dollars ]

the last 4 years I have had to pay more than ever and even paying 4 years ago was a shock to the system. I had never owed. A lot of things played into that happening, but to answer your question, way more than my fair share, especially when you add in what we do for YMCA, B&G Home of NC and Church.

Re: well if you want to know

Jan 27, 2021, 12:30 PM

https://twitter.com/prongs94/status/1351949296287969283?s=20

I paid more taxes the last 4

Jan 27, 2021, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: this throwing around of trillions of dollars ]

Years than any other 4 year period in my life...by a significant margin

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we not have to pay back the other $21 Trillion?

Jan 27, 2021, 12:21 PM [ in reply to this throwing around of trillions of dollars ]

Let's be real, unless anyone is willing to touch social security or the defense budget, inflation and increasing GDP are by far the better methods to deal with the debt.

Re: Do we not have to pay back the other $21 Trillion?

Jan 27, 2021, 2:00 PM

It’s also good to stop taking on debt. At least that’s what I’m told, I don’t have any debt.

Jan 27, 2021, 1:22 PM

Lol. Go back and reread that. You're not going to quit accumulating debt unless you do something about defense spending and entitlements.

Jan 27, 2021, 1:27 PM

I’m ok with cutting entitlements. No way on defense spending.

Payback to who? The Chinese?

Jan 27, 2021, 1:52 PM [ in reply to this throwing around of trillions of dollars ]

Tell them to pound sand

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was a single dad for 15 years

Jan 27, 2021, 1:33 PM

I collected a grand total of 0 dollars and 0 cents over those 15 years. Their mom worked most of those years too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was a single dad for 15 years

Jan 27, 2021, 1:40 PM

Tell me about it.

My ex walked out and moved several hundred miles away. She hasn't seen the boys since June 3, 2020. She has sent a few dollars here and there though.

Re: I was a single dad for 15 years

Jan 27, 2021, 1:49 PM

Dang that’s hard right there. Really sorry to hear that. Hang tough and prayers for you and the kids.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic