Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I used to trust some news,...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I used to trust some news,...

Apr 19, 2020, 8:47 PM

Now I don’t trust any news, website, or government agency. I don’t know who is telling the truth anymore. There is nowhere to just get facts. It’s either pick a side or you are on your own. I’m on my own. I’ll still believe in God, go to church, support my family, and love my Tigers. Maybe start a new T party. The T stands for Tiger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen the latest from Phil Robertson....pretty good.

Apr 19, 2020, 8:53 PM

He says, " They say they don't believe in God because they can't see him....but they sure believe in the Corona....and they can't see that either"....

Actually you can see the Corona if you use a microscope...***

Apr 20, 2020, 1:50 PM

Re: Have you seen the latest from Phil Robertson....pretty good.

Apr 20, 2020, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the latest from Phil Robertson....pretty good. ]

They can see Coronavirus.

Re: Have you seen the latest from Phil Robertson....pretty good.

Apr 20, 2020, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Have you seen the latest from Phil Robertson....pretty good. ]

They will come face to face with God on their day of departure from this earth......I believe......Go Tigers!!!!!

It's really pretty easy to discern when they're lyin':

Apr 19, 2020, 9:03 PM

when their lips are movin'.

ESPN started the fake news trend years ago

Apr 19, 2020, 9:57 PM

Remember when college footballs best team ever lost in the national championship game by 4 touchdowns then ESPN started saying how that team had the weakest defense it’s had in a decade..?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I used to trust some news,...

Apr 19, 2020, 10:50 PM

2 places that just print facts. The Associated Press and The Christian Science Monitor. No spin or agenda, just straight news.

That's the problem with major media now, they all have their agendas and the mix news with opinion and don't tell people which one is which.

When I was a kid, if a newsperson like Walter Cronkite spoke an opinion, underneath on the screen, the law required that it say "Editorial" so people would know the difference.

Now peoples opinions often take place of the news.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 1:15 AM

Just as powerful as what stories the press chooses to cover, is what stories the press chooses to ignore.

https://medium.com/@ValidScience/a-surprising-look-at-the-ap-fact-check-bf8ae02343df

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 20, 2020, 3:45 AM [ in reply to Re: I used to trust some news,... ]

The AP??? Please! They have their agendas, not as political as others, but they definitely censor their publications to be middle of the roads. It doesn't allow hardcore truths to be spoke but it censors hardcore lying.

Can't talk about your other paper but most Religion based communication are very biased towards agendas, but i wont say negativity as facts like most freely will.

Apr 20, 2020, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I used to trust some news,... ]

AP = FN (fake news) .......when you can’t figure out facts from fiction......Go Tigers!!!!

Apr 20, 2020, 3:35 AM

Well if you want to see some news that dont ride the coat tails of the left then you gotta watch Fox News! And I often listen there knowing it's gonna follow most my beliefs more closely than all the rest dumpster liars! That said, 'Epoch News', a new paper online, has some very fair news. They will tell like it is! Epoch has been new to me for last year, well since the Impeachment lies, but they seem fair. I think it should be against the law to see some of the stories released today as fact or good journalism. Good luck in your quest, please refrain from spectacles like MSNBC and CNN as real sources. If you want to search, you can find Russian, Brazilian and several African news channels that really plant different views in American News that will give you a spin. I couldn't believe how we are spun in real life news outside America until you watched it. Make you truly mad.

Don't only listen to things that tell you what you

Apr 20, 2020, 3:18 PM

want to hear. That's our biggest problem. Listen to one conservative and one liberal source. The truth is in the middle.

Re: Don't only listen to things that tell you what you

Apr 20, 2020, 4:47 PM

There is no frigging middle ......either it is the truth or a bald faced lie.......just like there is a right and a wrong.......Go Tigers!!!!!

Apr 20, 2020, 10:46 AM

My wife and I are both staunch conservatives with a thick slice of reality on the side. (Most of the time, that reality is what makes us conservatives. ) Back in the 80s there were no conservative news sources.

We learned that if you cant your head at about a 40° angle to the left, NPR was reliable. No, really: they will not lie to you. There agenda is presuppositionally statist, anti-traditional and liberally populist--think higher education type liberal blended with "everybody knows" groupthink--but it is consistent. You have to provide your own salt and butter, or maybe ketchup and Texas Pete and jalapenos. But I haven't paid attention to them since McNeill-Lehrer broke up, so they may be too rich for my palate anymore. I know the late Gwen Ifill was very good before but became awful during the Obama years.

Personally I use Hotair.com for my conservative news, and Realclearpolitics.com as a clearinghouse for both sides, both news and commentaries. Hotair has developed a strange blend because one of the main editors is a "never Trump" conservative, but their reporting is factual.

My wife reads The Economist online and is always well-informed about international news.

We both do our best to ignore Facebook memes and late night talk shows parading as either comedy or news.

BBC'S News about America is leftist without the political agenda and spin you get from American media. They save their spin for their own domestic politics.

And I've always heard good things professionally about Breibart on the right and Huffington Post on the left.

Sorry, but it seems that everyone has an agenda or they don't stay in business.

Have you checked out Whatfinger News?

Apr 20, 2020, 2:22 PM

I have recently begun to enjoy their site, especially after Drudge Report went crazy with the anti-Trump propaganda.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Have you checked out Whatfinger News?

Apr 20, 2020, 4:00 PM

I thought Drudge was a conservative?

Re: Have you checked out Whatfinger News?

Apr 20, 2020, 4:59 PM

Drudge ha! No way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drudge conservative?

Apr 20, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Have you checked out Whatfinger News? ]

Last time I saw Drudge on a news show the caption below his name said "Muckraker".

I kid you not, and no, he didn't choose the caption. (Some might suggest the marketing axiom that all attention is good attention. )

Because he broke the Lewinsky story, and his website spiked 100x overnight.

Apr 20, 2020, 4:53 PM

Tune in to One American News for the cold hard truth!

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So this is what it took for you to realize it?

Apr 21, 2020, 11:35 AM

Many of us have known we've been getting lied to for a long time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So this is what it took for you to realize it?

Apr 21, 2020, 5:58 PM

https://www.allsides.com/unbiased-balanced-news

This might help

Apr 21, 2020, 6:07 PM

Maybe we should all start looking more toward the center.

Now just have to know where the folks that put this together

Apr 21, 2020, 6:25 PM

lean!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic