Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I understand some of you wanting to fire Brad but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,183

I understand some of you wanting to fire Brad but

Jan 30, 2021, 6:29 PM

If he had any balls he would resign because he’s not producing. I’ll be honest impressed with the athletes he’s amassed but he can’t win with them. May make an outstanding assistant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understand some of you wanting to fire Brad but

Jan 30, 2021, 6:33 PM

YOu mean pull a Spurrier? Hardly a guy anyone wants to copy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can wait til the end of the year if he wants. The difference

Jan 30, 2021, 6:36 PM

Is Brad gave all he has and continues to. Unfortunately that’s the problem. It’s all he has. Spurrier mailed it in well in advance costing at least 1-2 years of recruiting. Unfortunately for usuck the next guy was worse than a half ### spurrier

Re: He can wait til the end of the year if he wants. The difference

Jan 30, 2021, 6:58 PM

Maybe the real problem is as B says he does not have equal talent so he thinks sending lots of players to burn the legs from the opponent is all he has. But maybe what he is doing is killing the rhythm of his few scorers, i.e playing time. Took a look at Va. While Clemson has 11 players averaging 10 min per game Va has 9. Clemson has 3 players at about 27 min/g but Va has 2 above 30m/g and 2 more above 27 m/g and the fifth at 24 m/g. and Va has a very strong D. Maybe we should play with our best players and give them a chance to develop with only a few subs with 10- 15 min. Our scramble D has been figured out and I bet our best 5 or 6 can handle 30+ m/g.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only at Clemson is it okay to insinuate that the head men’s basketball coach doesn’t have balls.***

Jan 30, 2021, 6:48 PM

And probably a few SEC schools too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 30, 2021, 7:13 PM

I personally like Brad. I think he is a good X and O man, but as a recruiter something is missing, and you hit the hammer on the nail;
He has been able to produce some good "athletes", but how many of them year in, and year out are NBA caliber players.
Now before I answer that, I can tell you I don't give a rats tail for the NBA ,but that's not the point.
The point is while he has some good athletes, how many of them are actually" basketball players"?
How many of them can actually make the move to the next level.
Look, I realize we are not Duke, or North Carolina ,or Virginia, but there is no reason we can't compete game in, and game out against the rest of the league.
In my opinion, a 9-1 start has basically gone down the drain with a 1-4 record in our last 5 games.
Fire Brad. That's not my decision, but how many more chances should he be given?
I suspect if this was Dabo, after 11 seasons, he probably wouldn't see season 12.

Jan 30, 2021, 10:31 PM

Dabo would not have made it 4 years with Brads resume. Mind you Clemson football is a different animal so the basketball coach should be given a little more leniency.

But come on. When is enough enough.

Jan 30, 2021, 8:43 PM

I just watched his post game press conference and heard a lot of lame excuses. We don't have time. IF you make 2.5 million a year you better make time. Says we need to coach better. Then take a pay cut as you admitted you are not earning that kind of money. I have been saying now for five years. He can't get us to the next level. Send him and DRad packing.

Jan 30, 2021, 9:49 PM

I think he doesn't motivate.

I think you’re right. He has some good players but can’t win

Jan 30, 2021, 9:52 PM

The close games. Why we are getting blown out by what is it 4/5 now? You lost me unless as others have said he lost his team.

I think we should practice nothing but ...

Jan 31, 2021, 1:23 AM

Putting the ball in the basket. This is the Prime Directive in Basketball. Do that reliably, and everything else falls into place.

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He likes eating at Groucho’s too much to resign***

Jan 31, 2021, 2:46 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,183
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic