Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I still don't think Dabo knows what he is doing, given the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,915

I still don't think Dabo knows what he is doing, given the

Oct 28, 2017, 11:26 PM

way he mishandled the QB situation once again and let GT score late by playing our scrubs on defense. The result of this foolishness is another disappointing conference win. Having said that, if we keep winning and make the playoff again, I may have to reconsider my position, and as much as I hate it, vote for keeping him one more year to see if he can pull it together.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I totally get the message and love the sarcasm

Oct 28, 2017, 11:30 PM

BUT, with everyone at one loss this year we might not make it in the playoffs if we dont crush some teams to impress the committee. I dont understand why folks dont get this.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I totally get the message and love the sarcasm

Oct 28, 2017, 11:35 PM

Amen vfral1. I told me dad during the game, “the committee is not going to look back at every team and try to judge their game plan or whether or not they had called off the dogs.” They will look at scores when they are really stumped with a bunch of close teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I vote for an 8 team playoff!

Oct 29, 2017, 12:00 AM

With the power 5 conference champs guaranteed in. (Well, except the big 12 who doesn't technically have a conference champion) So, it would be 4 guaranteed champs, and 4 at large. Its much better than the BCS, but still has a ways to go

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The committee doesn't judge style points

Oct 29, 2017, 12:19 AM [ in reply to I totally get the message and love the sarcasm ]

If they did, our loss to Pitt, 6 point wins against Auburn and Troy, and near disaster against State last year would have mattered. They didn't. And beating a good Tech team in a pouring rain by 14 ain't gonna hurt us one bit

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The committee doesn't judge style points

Oct 29, 2017, 12:22 AM

Spot on with this. I don’t get why people are worried. We still will have two big games left assuming we win out. Plus scar will be a decent win by the time we play them most likely.

Conf title should be enough to get us in.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I totally get the message and love the sarcasm

Oct 29, 2017, 12:24 AM [ in reply to I totally get the message and love the sarcasm ]

Yeah man come on. The committee looks at wins and definitely looks at who played and when starters come in and out. They understand when teams run up the score to look good vs who pulls their starters. Do you think Dabo is that stupid? I gaurentee dabo wouldn't pump the breaks if that were the case. Radakovich is on the committee for goodness sakes. The whole point of the conmittee is to evaluate the wins and how they won...not how much they won by.

Message was edited by: dmdtiger12

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,915
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic