Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m noticing more fire out of Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,563

I’m noticing more fire out of Brownell

Feb 16, 2020, 11:34 AM

Seems his players really like playing for him. Noticed more confidence yesterday with him even very early on. My biggest knock on him personally was I thought his personality was too vanilla to recruit and make us a perennial ACC contender.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the extra fan pressure brings out the fighter in

Feb 16, 2020, 11:39 AM

Brownell. It seems like when we're content and have healthy expectations we tank, and when there's pitchforks and lanterns about in the face of disappointment we turn it up a notch. Our best seasons under CBB have been more associated with "do or die" hot seat scenarios - kind of like top performances from players in contract / free agent years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may thrive in a one year renewable contract.***

Feb 16, 2020, 12:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I think the extra fan pressure brings out the fighter in

Feb 16, 2020, 5:14 PM [ in reply to I think the extra fan pressure brings out the fighter in ]

" Our best seasons under CBB have been more associated with "do or die" hot seat scenarios - kind of like top performances from players in contract / free agent years."

"Do or Die" scenarios are typical for the 18-22 year olds that are our college players.
Don't get excited or work hard unless there is pressure or consequences.

Re: I think the extra fan pressure brings out the fighter in

Feb 16, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to I think the extra fan pressure brings out the fighter in ]

You wonder how much he pays attention to the fans and what they are saying. Most people shield themselves from the public and comments. Might be pressure internally, within the athletics program.

Re: I’m noticing more fire out of Brownell

Feb 16, 2020, 11:49 AM

Always struck me that way too. Think Tennessee lady tig said it best. Odd the way a team can turn it up like that. Had we played the game plan and cuts etc against ND or Yale, we'd have won.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 12:52 PM

As well versus VT, UVA or Miami. We have to be ready and hungry every outing in the ACC, for certain.
I still wish to know what has happened to Chase Hunter--#3-?-FR G. Does anyone on Tiger Net know why he is getting no playing time?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's injured. Has been most of the season.***

Feb 16, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 16, 2020, 12:05 PM

Glad to see it.....

Feb 16, 2020, 12:17 PM

you can hear him yelling instructions in the background every game. He is plenty fired up. To suggest otherwise is an opinion not based in any fact I've witnessed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, he's very into the game and this isn't new.

Feb 16, 2020, 3:40 PM

He's always yelling instructions, coaching, and reacting on the sidelines.

To read some of the posts here, you would think that he just sits on his hands all game and does nothing. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yeah, either he exhibits some fire.......

Feb 16, 2020, 12:55 PM

or Dan Radakovitch will exhibit some fire after the end of the season.

Re: Yeah, either he exhibits some fire.......

Feb 16, 2020, 3:26 PM

Yeah. Right! BB is here to stay. If you can’t accept that ...... go away. You’re not needed

Feb 16, 2020, 3:33 PM

After 10 seasons, he's starting to get his system and players.....

He must've been reading the criticism of him on TigerNet.***

Feb 16, 2020, 3:38 PM

Re: He must've been reading the criticism of him on TigerNet.***

Feb 16, 2020, 8:08 PM

Your most humorous post ever. :) Illigitorous non carborumdum.

Re: He must've been reading the criticism of him on TigerNet.***

Feb 16, 2020, 8:09 PM

carborundum

That might be because his #### has been

Feb 16, 2020, 5:59 PM

Sitting in flames for a year or more

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2020, 6:03 PM

There is no reason to being open to a coaching change as Judge Keller promoted. CBB is fired up and he needs our support. Let's roll!

Feb 16, 2020, 6:36 PM

Sorry, guys.

Maybe I should be looking for compromise, but I'm not.

Sounds like some people are rationalizing the board's negativity. "If it weren't for us on Tigernet being critical of our coach and these freshmen, our Tigers would have lost again."

Read my lips: your criticism doesn't motivate Brad Brownell. Period.

If you are gradually becoming aware of his behavior, he is either expressing it more clearly because he feels that his team can handle it; OR you are simply paying closer attention.

If this entire thread was intended tongue-in-cheek, I apologize for taking it seriously. But I don't think I'm the first.

BTW, Coach Brownell's first attaboy was for the fans who provided the extra energy that 'juiced' the team yesterday.

Feb 18, 2020, 12:43 PM

Spot on. People think Brownell doesn't have personality because they don't pay attention to him on the sidelines or listen to what he says.

Feb 18, 2020, 12:42 PM

His personality seems to be working great on the recruiting trail. Only has been recruiting to a new facility for 3 years, and talent is getting better and better (Newman, Dawes and Hemenway, Hall coming next year).

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,563
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic