Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think the Canes will be less successful with the QB run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I think the Canes will be less successful with the QB run

Oct 8, 2020, 5:51 PM

than the wahoos. BV was keeping some things under wraps. He had an awesome plan when Laverne Jefferson came in here, even though our D-line was a little more experienced. I agree with morbid, Jimmy Greenbeans has something up his sleeve.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Think DEQ Will See a 6-7 Man Front with 3-5 coming from

Oct 8, 2020, 6:09 PM

differing positions and stunting paired up with a spy. Hope the kid has about a 200 football IQ or he may be running for his life all nite. BV is going to see if he can throw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Think DEQ Will See a 6-7 Man Front with 3-5 coming from

Oct 9, 2020, 5:30 AM

kind of what BV did with Lavern Johansen the 2nd time we faced her. His timing was off all night, even when he had time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gap control and containment for the DL

Oct 8, 2020, 6:21 PM

We might not get many sacks but it will pay off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think the Canes will be less successful with the QB run

Oct 8, 2020, 6:57 PM

Just watch what he has done with keeping a large number of Dangerous running QBs in check!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2020, 5:43 AM

The biggest issue with the Canes O isn't just their running QB, it's the fact that they have those monster TE's.

Those guys give them so much flexibility; they can play 12-personnel (2 WR's, 2 TE's) but then flex one of those TE's out, which allows them to dictate matchups and you can't necessarily tell how they're going to line up by what personnel they have on the field, and the fact that their strength is in the middle of the field likewise confounds Clemson's ability to do that single-high safety look to limit the zone read. Our safeties are probably the weak link on the D right now anyhow, as UVA clearly showed...Nolan Turner is incredibly smart and experienced but he's somewhat limited athletically and Lannden Zanders has great range and he's going to be a really, really good one...but he still shows his inexperience sometimes and gets wrong-footed or takes the wrong angle and that got him beat a couple times against the Hoos. Against Miami that could really hurt us.

I don't like that matchup much, honestly...though I'm sure Miami does. Our defensive front is going to have to get consistent pressure while setting the edge and containing King...which means they're going to have to play just a whole let better than they did against UVA. They assuredly can...but we really need some of the young guys to step up large; they were mostly invisible last week.

Oct 9, 2020, 9:21 AM

quozzel said:

The biggest issue with the Canes O isn't just their running QB, it's the fact that they have those monster TE's.

Those guys give them so much flexibility; they can play 12-personnel (2 WR's, 2 TE's) but then flex one of those TE's out, which allows them to dictate matchups and you can't necessarily tell how they're going to line up by what personnel they have on the field, and the fact that their strength is in the middle of the field likewise confounds Clemson's ability to do that single-high safety look to limit the zone read. Our safeties are probably the weak link on the D right now anyhow, as UVA clearly showed...Nolan Turner is incredibly smart and experienced but he's somewhat limited athletically and Lannden Zanders has great range and he's going to be a really, really good one...but he still shows his inexperience sometimes and gets wrong-footed or takes the wrong angle and that got him beat a couple times against the Hoos. Against Miami that could really hurt us.

I don't like that matchup much, honestly...though I'm sure Miami does. Our defensive front is going to have to get consistent pressure while setting the edge and containing King...which means they're going to have to play just a whole let better than they did against UVA. They assuredly can...but we really need some of the young guys to step up large; they were mostly invisible last week.

I like what you posted and think it makes a lot of sense. As a Canes fan while its only been 3 games with King he doesn't seem to run many plays where its called its more when things break down. Our offense is designed to get the ball out quickly and that helps out the OL making it look better than it probably is(though its def better than last year). I agree our biggest strength is our TE and their ability to cause a mismatch. If Clemson can take that away I don't see how we have a chance.

Oct 9, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I think the Canes will be less successful with the QB run ]

I think the addition of Tyler Davis is HUGE this week!

Not only because he is a great player, which he is, but because it allows Bresee to rest a little more and let the game slow down in his mind. Getting off of the field for a few extra plays can help a young player focus a little better when he goes back in.

I watched a little of the condensed game and Bresee was getting exhausted and was getting lost at times in his responsibility possibly because of the fatigue along with his inexperience.

Also adding an extra man to the DL rotation will keep everybody a little fresher to chase King.

Oct 9, 2020, 9:54 AM

Anyone else expecting at least 4 if not 5 DL looks this game? I think we will rush at least 5 if not 6 or 7 players on most downs. I think the 3 DL front against UVA was to make those young DL work they tails off.

Oct 9, 2020, 10:02 AM

If you send 7 guys on most down your DBs have to play out of their minds to prevent big plays.

One missed tackle and a guy is gone.

I expect to see it some, but I think 5 is the magic number most of the night to provide a little more support for the guys on the back end.

Lamar had a great game against us in DV

Oct 9, 2020, 10:09 AM

He had like 300 yards passing and 160 yards rushing.

Re: Lamar had a great game against us in DV

Oct 9, 2020, 12:10 PM

Yeah .... but he needed like 307 yards passing or 167 yards rushing!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic