Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hood and Dabo....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,138

Hood and Dabo....

Nov 26, 2012, 3:24 PM

I think Hood's article is spot on.

I've seen many suggestions that Dabo should go but I'll counter you with this. Based on what I've seen from Dabo, he is fast learner. I believe he will adjust his style, approach, and philosophy on defense. I know he can recruit the offensvie talent but I have not seen that so much on the defensive side. I think he should hire a defensive minded recruiter to go after the talent we need. I believe he'll adjust the attitude to create a defense that plays with more attitude (I'm not looking for thug U but I would like to see some players with a bit of nasty attitude.) If he can recruit the D that he needs and can get players to play with a chip on their shoulder, we will be good. I think Dabo will adjust and this will just be another step in the right direction.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that defensive recruiter is already here in Venables***

Nov 26, 2012, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think that defensive recruiter is already here in Venables***

Nov 26, 2012, 3:27 PM

agree!

Re: Hood and Dabo....

Nov 26, 2012, 4:05 PM

LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF THE RECRUITING EXPERTS ON HERE ARE MAYBE NOT AS MUCH OF , AN EXPERT AS YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE.HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I HEARD THIS DESCRIPTION ABOUT SOME OF OUR RECRUITS....HE IS NASTY,HE IS A BEAST,ETC.WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT RECRUITS ABILITY.I'M SURE YOU REMEMBER THINGS LIKE THIS SAID ABOUT ANTHONY,STEWART,DAVIS,PARKER,TOWNSEND,WILLARD,ETC.

MOST OF THESE HAVE NOT BEEN A BEAST OR NASTY YET, BUT STILL HAVE A CHANCE. NM

Nov 26, 2012, 4:52 PM

recruiting is not the only issue,we are soft,we get physically whipped everytime that we play a team with like talent,that falls at the feet of the head coach!

I think Adams may be one of those players.

Nov 26, 2012, 4:57 PM

He is very competitive. He has stated many times that he believes he is the best player in the country. That kind of confidence and competitive attitude is what makes me want him in a Tiger uniform.

im sure adams will end up in the sec with all the other defensive players we need***

Nov 26, 2012, 11:44 PM

Nov 26, 2012, 11:53 PM

I agree that Dabo is a fast learner and I like that he's willing to make changes to his staff if he thinks that is what is best for the team's future. However, by the time any change occurs that is noticeable I believe Morris will have moved on. Morris is an up and comer and barring some sort of Bud Foster type loyalty, he'll be made an offer he can't refuse soon. So, we'll have a nasty defense and will be struggling on offense.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,138
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic