Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swinney says win over LSU "next step" in evolution of becoming an elite program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swinney says win over LSU "next step" in evolution of becoming an elite program

Dec 30, 2012, 12:55 PM

Swinney says win over LSU "next step" in evolution of becoming an elite program

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Sunday morning that while his team has accomplished a lot during his tenure, his team needs to break the ice and beat a team like LSU. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's funny that so many people poo-poo this year's

Dec 30, 2012, 1:49 PM

10 wins. I think we all get the fact that there aren't a whole lot of wins to brag about, but for YEARS we haven't gotten ten wins and you certainly can't say it was because our "competition was so tough". I want to get to the next level as well, but please recognize that it starts by not losing to "bad" teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a good point, and not losing to teams you should beat

Dec 30, 2012, 2:40 PM

is harder than it sounds. We often didn't even do it in the glory days of the eighties, so you make a good point. However, while not losing the games we should win is an absolute must, we have bigger, more important goals which were not achieved, so that's why the 10 wins doesn't seem so great.

Put it in the context of zero wins against ranked teams, no conference championship (not even a divisional championship), no BCS bowl, and continued domination by our rival, then the luster is not so great.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

This is true, but I'll take it over 8 wins and 2 additional

Dec 30, 2012, 2:48 PM

bad losses. Just a little perspective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Dec 30, 2012, 2:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Deep insight!***

Dec 30, 2012, 2:58 PM [ in reply to This is true, but I'll take it over 8 wins and 2 additional ]

LOL I love it.***

Dec 30, 2012, 3:15 PM

IMO

Dec 30, 2012, 7:04 PM [ in reply to This is true, but I'll take it over 8 wins and 2 additional ]

this is the best defense CU has played all year,all in all. Also, its the best running team our defense has played agianst all yr.

I agree man...well said***

Dec 31, 2012, 2:17 AM [ in reply to This is true, but I'll take it over 8 wins and 2 additional ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear your point

Dec 30, 2012, 2:49 PM [ in reply to That's a good point, and not losing to teams you should beat ]

but we actually are co-divisional champions this year and were division and conference champions a year ago and ended Auburns win streak after a national championship run. I agree this year we don't have the win over a ranked team and that's why the LSU win is so important. However, It's frustrating that we have so many negative nellies just because of the SC loss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

There is a huge difference between hard fought loses..

Dec 30, 2012, 4:49 PM

...and at least the past two loses to SCar. When entire halves of the game are unwatchable, it takes a special fan to make something 'good' out it. Someone who can ignore the fundamentals of good play. Had we lost like Vandy did, 17 - 13, I might join in the effort to make it sound so 'good'. But we didn't.

The conf is not as good now in depth as it was 5 yrs ago

Dec 30, 2012, 9:14 PM [ in reply to I think it's funny that so many people poo-poo this year's ]

even our division doesn't have the same depth...Wake down BC down....GT is down....VT is down...winning 10 games in this ACC is a good accomplishment...good...not great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's funny that so many people poo-poo this year's

Dec 30, 2012, 11:25 PM [ in reply to I think it's funny that so many people poo-poo this year's ]

El Swann you are exactly right. And it really chaps my A$$ to hear people complain about 10 wins no matter who it's against, it's 10 solid wins. Our only two losses were against two top 15th-ranked teams. And a lot of people on T-Net used to be really happy with eight or nine games. Now they are biotching about 10 wins!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's funny that so many people poo-poo this year's

Dec 31, 2012, 9:45 AM [ in reply to I think it's funny that so many people poo-poo this year's ]

Thank you for that. Considering a lot of the ones poo pooing Coach Swinney are gamecock fans posting as tiger fans. It's really hard to think anyone would trash the program after the last 2 years. Losing to sc sucks I get that, but to think the program isn't going anywhere is a stupid thought from people who obviously don't remember the Tommy West years. I quit reading posts and writing them for the reason that football is fun not stressful. It's an escape from the TMZ world we live in. Now it appears that people will watch replays on espn3 10 times so they can act like they know more than what the coaches do. Love your stuff El Swan. Keep up the great work for Tnet.

I thought when we beat Tennessee in 2003...

Dec 30, 2012, 5:52 PM

that the program had turned the corner, just like Dabo is mentioning. Unfortunately I continue to see so many parallels between TB and Dabo's tenure. Great skill player, but no toughness on D or on the lines.

Exactly, but...

Dec 30, 2012, 10:49 PM

in all honesty, teams are just a year to year thing, that never ends. The only thing that really is the same, are the uniforms.

I'm All-In, but this is only "one game." I kind of disagree

Dec 30, 2012, 11:05 PM

with this mindset, and maybe more so, press people zero-ing in on this one statement.

Kind of reminds me of Saban using the one game expression some time ago to set media straight. In this case, as it's written it almost seems self-defeating, because if they don't happen to win, then it sort of diminishes everything else.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic