Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it is BS and IMO takes away from the CFP system for OSU to get in with a 7 game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,300

I think it is BS and IMO takes away from the CFP system for OSU to get in with a 7 game

Dec 5, 2020, 7:44 AM

season. Especially since they have not played anybody this year. I think all CFP eligible teams should have at 9 or 10 game seasons or 8 games minimum with a fairly difficult schedule provided they are undefeated. OSU has only played 4 games so far.

I wonder how much money OSU had to cough up to get MSU to decide to play the game today. But Harbaugh may have his revenge yet by refusing to play them next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it is BS and IMO takes away from the CFP system for OSU to get in with a 7 game

Dec 5, 2020, 8:05 AM

They can’t help only playing 7-8 games , unless they lose a game which I doubt seriously. They are 1 of the best 4 teams and will be in the CFP.
I would personally like to whip their butts again this season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch their game with Indiana? Ohio State's defense

Dec 5, 2020, 8:59 AM

is a shadow of last year's team. Add to the fact Fields has struggled this year compared to last year. He has thrown 3 ints in four games. He only three 3 all year last year, with 2 of them against Clemson in the CFP semi's.

The fact that he is even remotely being considered for the Heisman is a complete joke.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you askeert of them? I say bring them on. We need to

Dec 5, 2020, 8:15 AM

show them, once again, that last year's win was not a fluke. Then, we shall see what new narrative salve they can come up with to soothe the continuing butthurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you askeert of them? I say bring them on. We need to

Dec 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

No I am not afraid to play OSU. It’s a matter of fair play. Just because they are OSU they should get a pass. Do you think if the situation were reversed Clemson would get? ESPN would try every way possible to keep us out.

Re: Are you askeert of them? I say bring them on. We need to

Dec 5, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Are you askeert of them? I say bring them on. We need to ]

I heard Opie Taylor has some miracle salve for sale that even cures the mange.

I think there is a minimum based on the other teams

Dec 5, 2020, 8:26 AM

No team should be invited to the playoffs, if they have not played with 2 games of the average of the other 3.

Aka,
Bama plays 11
Clemson plays 10
ND plays 9

If team 4 does not play at least 8 - then they are eliminated.

It is not enough that they are deemed a good team, recruited well, “one of the 4 best”.
Even if they skipped playing 4 horrible teams.
Things happen.
Ref - bama playing and lost Tua in a big win. What if fields were to do the same? Osu would be done.
Play the games.
It is not our fault your conference was late to the party. That is between you and them. You knew going in that there was no room for error.
And don’t get me started about how osu can explain how they cancelled last week and have a conference requirement of missing 21 days for positive - and now a week later, they are playing. Hummmmmm .

To let osu in is to say that the regular season means almost nothing. Why not simply let the committee vote in august and the playoffs can be in September. Then, exhibition games can be played. Ahhhhhhh - again.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama, Clemson and ND are all going to

Dec 5, 2020, 3:02 PM

end up with 11 games. I have no problem with OSU getting in with fewer games. IMO the gap between the top 4 and the rest of the teams is large. UF and TAM aren’t playoff caliber teams nor is Cincinnati.

Re: I think it is BS and IMO takes away from the CFP system for OSU to get in with a 7 game

Dec 5, 2020, 8:55 AM

I think I am ok if they can get to 7. They appear to be one of the 4 best, but their schedule has been SO bad it is hard to tell. I mean really bad!

It will be a shootout if we play them.

The BIG may have been the worst conference in the nation if we played the season this year. That is how bad they have looked.

Heck ND may still be in with a close loss to the Tigers in the ACCCG and a Florida loss to Bama.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2020, 10:19 AM

What have they shown that convinces you that they are one of the best 4 teams? The combined record of teams they’ve played is 9-14. Take away Indiana, the one team that has had a pulse and almost beat them, and the combined record is 4-13. Their schedule has been no more difficult than BYU.

Have you seen anything from them by watching games, or just going by name recognition and what the commentators say?

Dec 5, 2020, 9:05 AM

So contact the CFP committee, and let them know how you feel.
Probably won't do yo any good ,but as long as OSU wins, they are in.

Big will just change the rules and allow them to play in Big

Dec 5, 2020, 3:08 PM

championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just Grow Up and Get Over It

Dec 5, 2020, 3:11 PM

Ohio State will make the CFP. If we have to beat them, so be it.

Peace!

Dec 5, 2020, 3:30 PM

Imo, something here just doesn't look like the others...haha! Go tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,300
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic