Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't want to fuel the fire but are all those
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,033

Don't want to fuel the fire but are all those

Jun 9, 2020, 8:05 AM

calling for renaming things like buildings, schools, etc. planning to change their surnames since most if not all enslaved people in the South were given the last name of their "owner" (and I used parentheses because I cringe, even as a, perceived by many, evil white person, at the thought of owning another human being). Somehow, it seems to me (but I may certainly be wrong), carrying the name on a daily basis of someone who actually has a link to your family's past would offend more than knowing that name is on a building you may never see again.If they do choose to change names, It is regrettable that for many(or perhaps most), no amount of research will let folks to go back that many generations to reclaim names of actual ancestors due to record keeping from those times.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thankfully most of my ancestors were poor...

Jun 9, 2020, 8:12 AM

I have no doubt they were racist along with the majority of the white South that did not own slaves, but at least I don't have the evidence to prove it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The relatives that I know about

Jun 9, 2020, 8:28 AM

we’re all poor- even had some that were sharecroppers just one generation ago until the 1960’s. All were hardworking- much more than me and my generation

I think all white privileged and woke need to sell their homes

Jun 9, 2020, 8:13 AM

And donate the majority of the proceeds to BLM and other minority movements. Move into more modest homes because you don’t deserve to have what you’ve earned.

What a statement that would make. Actions speak much louder than words. Who is in??!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think all white privileged and woke need to sell their homes

Jun 9, 2020, 8:20 AM

There are way too many Americans today that fully agree with you. That is a sad perception, isn't it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is hyperbole....

Jun 9, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to I think all white privileged and woke need to sell their homes ]

I think it takes away from legitimate questions

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think all white privileged and woke need to sell their homes

Jun 9, 2020, 8:54 AM [ in reply to I think all white privileged and woke need to sell their homes ]

That's like saying you should donate the majority of your income to IPTAY and go live in a trailer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger balm already did this.

Jun 9, 2020, 9:00 AM

Why can’t more people be all in?

Honestly, anyone who feels they have benefitted

Jun 9, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to I think all white privileged and woke need to sell their homes ]

unfairly from white privilege and has not already started the process of giving up everything they have benefitted from as a result of that privilege, is a hypocrite. This includes homes, property, cars, jobs, money, clothes, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,033
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic