Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson QB reportedly enters transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson QB reportedly enters transfer portal

Dec 14, 2020, 6:48 PM

Former Clemson QB reportedly enters transfer portal

Duke junior quarterback Chase Brice has entered the transfer portal according to multiple reports. Brice completed 54.8 percent of his passes for 2,170 yards wi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not Again?

Dec 14, 2020, 6:52 PM

I thought Cutcliffe was the QB whisperer? I guess the grass wasn’t greener in Durham. Best wishes young man. I hope you find a good fit.

Re: Not Again?

Dec 14, 2020, 6:58 PM

It may not have worked out in Durham, but it was definitely the right decision to transfer from Clemson. He would have never started here and he wants to play. Can’t blame him for that.

I would think Duke is a miserable place to be in 2020.

Dec 14, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Not Again? ]

Don't blame him one bit.

Dec 14, 2020, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Not Again? ]

Even though I think that Tiger Nation was wishing Chase the best of luck when he left, I also think the majority raised their eyebrows when Chase said that he was headed to Duke. Hopefully he makes the best choice this time, and he lands somewhere that he can win with him behind center. Best of luck to you Chase wherever you land!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 7:47 PM

There is always Utah, they will take anyone ! I am sure he can beat out their QB!

Before you guys and gals think I've lost my mind....

Dec 14, 2020, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Not Again? ]

Let me say this, who is our back up next year? TP and Helms is no 3. So since I prefaced with that I'd say he shouldn't have left, and "IF" (you see that trolls I said if, capitalized and in quotation marks that's the biggest if you can make) the coaching staff would take him back I'd say come back home.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of how much Dabo may personally love Chase,

Dec 15, 2020, 9:10 AM

he would never welcome him back via the transfer portal. It would send exactly the wrong message to his players. That message would be, "You don't have to put in the work, you can leave for greener pastures, then come back, and still be ahead of some who have been here sweating it out the whole time." Not going to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st QB to start for three Power 5 teams?

Dec 14, 2020, 6:58 PM

Maybe player

Re: 1st QB to start for three Power 5 teams?

Dec 14, 2020, 7:22 PM

He did not have good numbers this year. Could have been a lack of OL focus by the recruiting gurus. Whatever, he was not the QB there as he was here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 7:40 PM

This is when a young gun realizes it sucks to loose and the talent around you makes a BIG difference. Not sure where he thinks he will go and start, with the supporting cast being light years better.

I don’t doubt he made the right decision to transfer, DJ’s performance has made it clear he would not have seen the field. But Duke was a mistake

Dec 14, 2020, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: 1st QB to start for three Power 5 teams? ]

2000® said:

He did not have good numbers this year. Could have been a lack of OL focus by the recruiting gurus. Whatever, he was not the QB there as he was here.

I'm blanking: Did Chase ever start a game for Clemson?

Anyway, it's a good time to rekindle this thread:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-The-Greatest-Play-in-Clemson-History-()-24862317

Never started for Clemson. Guess he realizes his choice

Dec 14, 2020, 9:23 PM [ in reply to 1st QB to start for three Power 5 teams? ]

of Duke was not a good one. It's a shame that he's on the move again. Wish him luck in finding the right situation this time!

Dec 15, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to 1st QB to start for three Power 5 teams? ]

He's only started for one Power 5 team...Duke.

Re: TNET: Former Clemson QB reportedly enters transfer portal

Dec 14, 2020, 7:20 PM

It wouldnt suprise me to see Norvell calling on him. A lot of options for this young man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 7:23 PM

Good point but I hope not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Norvell is supposed to be getting McKenzie Milton!***

Dec 2, 2023, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson QB reportedly enters transfer portal ]

That is intriguing.***

Dec 14, 2020, 8:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Norvell is supposed to be getting McKenzie Milton!***

Dec 14, 2020, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Norvell is supposed to be getting McKenzie Milton!*** ]

I heard last week Milton was rumored to be interested in linking back up with Frost as a Husker. Why anyone would leave Florida for Lincoln however I cant say.

I think a lot of Chase, but my advice (which is worth what Chase paid for it)...

Dec 14, 2020, 7:43 PM

is to complete his graduate degree at Duke. Playing another year of football somewhere isn’t the answer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think a lot of Chase, but my advice (which is worth what Chase paid for it)...

Dec 14, 2020, 7:58 PM

Sound advice. A grad degree from Duke really spices up the resume. Could be the difference in a $100K+ or $200k+ starting salary

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think a lot of Chase, but my advice (which is worth what Chase paid for it)...

Dec 14, 2020, 8:07 PM

True. There are others like Vandy.

Dec 15, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: I think a lot of Chase, but my advice (which is worth what Chase paid for it)... ]

Not necessarily. It all depends on the actual degree and and field. The MBA isn't bad but with all business items, it more about results. Still, I wonder how the jump from our parks-and-rec program went to their MBA. Might get him in the door but there are quite a few worthless MBA holders I have bumped into.

A masters in Philosophy does NOT pay more generally speaking.

Totally agree.

Dec 14, 2020, 9:06 PM [ in reply to I think a lot of Chase, but my advice (which is worth what Chase paid for it)... ]

Going to play at Duke was a nice try.

But now he needs to realize he had his 15 minutes of football fame on a September Saturday in 2018.

Get that Duke degree and get a job, young man.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 9:13 PM [ in reply to I think a lot of Chase, but my advice (which is worth what Chase paid for it)... ]

Depends on his field of study.

Dec 14, 2020, 9:54 PM [ in reply to I think a lot of Chase, but my advice (which is worth what Chase paid for it)... ]

Judge has the best advice imo. Get the degree there.
I saw very few minutes of the games but what I saw is he made a couple forced mistakes. Who knows if that was him, his talent, or talent around him. I do know twice (on int's) the announcers said he made the wrong read.

I also know Dabo is astraight shooter and he recommended cutcliff. Wish him the best, but if you have the talent as chase has said to make next level, w's and L's at Duke don't hurt you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 10:19 PM

Judge has best advice. Wins and losses matter when they are backed up by 15 int’s.

I guess he was appropriately named CHASE

Dec 14, 2020, 8:00 PM

Good luck Chase Brice. You will always be a Clemson Tiger to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he finds a spot somewhere he can drive a bit

Dec 14, 2020, 8:14 PM

Good Luck !!!!

null

CONGARTS CHASE YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGER

Dec 14, 2020, 8:16 PM

#1 IN THE TRANSFUR PORTLE AND #1 IN OUR HEARTS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hpe the best for him but this just rubs me wron

Dec 14, 2020, 8:21 PM

two straight years and transferring for football reasons..they should put a one transfer limit on it.

Re: hpe the best for him but this just rubs me wron

Dec 14, 2020, 8:30 PM

Will he possibly graduate tis year ?

Maybe he needs to look in the mirror and quit changing

Dec 14, 2020, 8:26 PM

54%, 10 TD, 15 int.
I watched a few of his games and he simply did not play well. While it may not have changed Duke’s record much if he played better, it really did not look good.
I really expected him to look good. Having the top QB guru head coach, patient, non demanding environment, I thought would help him.
Now where is he running to?

Did not see this coming.

Re: Maybe he needs to look in the mirror and quit changing

Dec 14, 2020, 9:12 PM

I saw it as a possibility but nothing more. I don't think any athletic team on that campus is giving maximum effort this year, so it's hard to evaluate how good/bad they are.

I just hope he doesn't end up at UGa. I don't want to root against him in next year's opener.

Maybe by the end of the postseason The Smart One will believe in Daniels and won't even make an offer to Brice. We'll see.

Re: Maybe he needs to look in the mirror and quit changing

Dec 15, 2020, 8:58 AM

Daniels is very good. He gives GA the vertical threat they were missing. Chase would sit at UGA. He won't go there.

I watched several early games. He had some great completions

Dec 14, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Maybe he needs to look in the mirror and quit changing ]

but for every completion, he had some really, really, really bad decisions. He was trying to force it way too many times. Trying to do too much by himself, and his team didn't have the players.

Might be best if he dropped to the Sunbelt level. Stay out of the ACC and SEC please. I don't want to have to pull against him.

Always a Tiger.

Dec 14, 2020, 8:56 PM

Don't blame him..

Unless he's transferring to Clemson or being run out of Duke

Dec 14, 2020, 9:37 PM

It's hard to say what he's thinking. Keller has it right - the value of a Duke Master's Degree exceeds playing QB at Nowhere U.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt he goes to another P5 school***

Dec 14, 2020, 11:04 PM

Dec 15, 2020, 7:47 AM

Still has two years eligibility, but seems like he probably isn't playing for an NFL career anymore. Anyone know why he isn't sticking it out at Duke? Get's a well respected degree in something (probably not STEM) and could still get mileage from Clemson people in the work world if he stays in the Carolinas. I guess he is not ready to give up yet. I hope he does well wherever he ends up. He is a class act.

Dec 15, 2020, 9:20 AM

There is a non politically correct answer for this. We used to say...young and dumb and full of ###. His head was filled with everyone saying he was the second best qb in the acc. Now he believes it. Pass the blame. I just hope he is able to recover from having dreams of grandeur, and a backup plan

Dec 15, 2020, 1:44 PM

He had a good game at Notre Dame(20-37, 259) after missing summer practice with young receivers due to Covid. Still has two years of eligibility.

Dec 15, 2020, 9:58 AM

This screams USF with Jeff Scott, to me.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic