Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Tajh Boyd is the most underappreciated player in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

I think Tajh Boyd is the most underappreciated player in

Dec 24, 2019, 8:19 PM

CU football.

Tajh sat through the loss to South Florida in the Meineke Car Care Bowl watching from the bench, then started the Orange Bowl BCS debacle the next year, but Tajh was a gamer.

We all know about 4th and 16, but go back and watch the 3014 Orange Bowl. 31 of 40, 5 touchdowns, 378 yards. PLUS 127 yards rushing and a TD. Put him on the biggest stages, and he balled out!

Hate it that he didn’t have the pro career that many of his teammates did, and that he didn’t get to lift a National Championship trophy (or even win a Palmetto Bowl), but it would be hard to come up with someone who worked harder and contributed more than Tajh did to getting us to where we are now, without the accolades.

Here’s to Tajh and the DANDY DOZEN! Eleven short years later and look where we are now...2 of last 3 national championships, 5 straight ACC titles, and 6 in a row over the Coots!

Edit: Also a great guy and a Clemson man through and through. And my 17 y/o daughter’s favorite player EVER!

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh Is One Of The

Dec 24, 2019, 8:24 PM

Conerstones of this program .He set the pace and was a he## of a QB for Clemson . He took a beating in the LSU bowl game and just kept hanging in there . He'll always be one of my top ten favorite Clemson players .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a great guy, and was a great player, but going 0-3 against

Dec 24, 2019, 8:36 PM

the coots is what stains his legacy. A shame really, that we didn't win at least one of those games, and could have easily won two of them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is a great guy, and was a great player, but going 0-3 against

Dec 24, 2019, 8:42 PM

Steve Spurrier at the top of his plan for the coots with better recruiting at the time bc it took a few seasons for us to completely recover from the dandy dozen recruiting class bc we had a lot of good talent committed until TB was let go, and more than half that class went also. And if Tajh would have went also, I don't think we are who we are today, and without Tajh, Dabo would have most likely been fired....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn’t stain his legacy with me

Dec 24, 2019, 8:42 PM [ in reply to He is a great guy, and was a great player, but going 0-3 against ]

Football is a team sport, and those three losses were not all on Tajh

He also shat the bed VERY BADLY...

Dec 24, 2019, 9:57 PM [ in reply to He is a great guy, and was a great player, but going 0-3 against ]

more than a couple of times. His performance against FSU in 2013 and that nightmare Orange Bowl against West Virginia, and never beating the coots when they were good but not great with weapons like Nuk, Sammy... He was better than Kelly B, but nowhere near Deshaun or Trevor.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He also shat the bed VERY BADLY...

Dec 24, 2019, 10:44 PM

That Orange bowl game against WV was on Kevin Steele way more than on Tajh bc he couldn't score with our D on the field most of that game. Some times the wrong person gets the blame over the actual cause!!! And Kevin Steele did not have his D prepared for what WV done on offence, and he didn't have a clue of what adjustments he needed to make at half time nor in game!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He also shat the bed VERY BADLY...

Dec 24, 2019, 11:50 PM [ in reply to He also shat the bed VERY BADLY... ]

Agree with this 100%.....Boyd was a trailblazer QB for us who did many good things and set the table for the great QB’s who have followed him to Clemson......but it seemed that during those big games against the Coots he would always get “the happy feet” back there and panic........got to beat the Coots at least one out of four chances and they had his number every time......really the only stain on his career though IMO....Go Tigers!!!!!

Tajh and me at an oyster roast

Dec 24, 2019, 8:40 PM

Tajh's legacy isn't tied by W/L's against any team

Dec 24, 2019, 8:43 PM

He's a Clemson man through and through. He loves this university...what it stands for and carries it for the world to see. When I think of Tajh, his record against any program never crosses my mind. His guts...I remember those!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang, can't call him fat boy anymore***

Dec 25, 2019, 3:27 AM [ in reply to Tajh and me at an oyster roast ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only that, but he was part of the Dandy Dozen as Dabo calls

Dec 24, 2019, 8:42 PM

them. He had absolutely nothing to sell them in 2009 but a vision, a dream he had for this program. He was lucky to find a handful of players that would buy into it. And he got a 5-star QB. Article from 2012:

https://www.tigernet.com/story/Swinney-credits-Dandy-Dozen-with-program-progress-11286

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Not only that, but he was part of the Dandy Dozen as Dabo calls

Dec 24, 2019, 8:59 PM

Those 12 young men are the reason Clemson is ,What it is Today . My Orange heart will always beat proudly because of Dabo's Dandy Dozen. Go Tigers, All In . The Best is About To Get Better. Go Tigers Thanks Taj !!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That will be a 30 for 30 one day...THE DANDY DOZEN***

Dec 24, 2019, 9:09 PM

Dec 24, 2019, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Not only that, but he was part of the Dandy Dozen as Dabo calls ]

Those 12 young men are the reason Clemson is ,What it is Today . My Orange heart will always beat proudly because of Dabo's Dandy Dozen. Go Tigers, All In . The Best is About To Get Better. Go Tigers Thanks Taj !!!!

Dec 24, 2019, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Not only that, but he was part of the Dandy Dozen as Dabo calls ]

Now it seems like a dream that we all had and hope for for Clemson, and now we are living that special dream of a Clemson Tiger FB fan!!! I prayed for what we have now with Clemson FB, and I'll never forget that Talh was one of the most important pieces of our now success!!! Thank You Tajh Boyd, and his family for supporting Tajh's journey with/at Clemson!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Re: I think Tajh Boyd is the most underappreciated player in

Dec 24, 2019, 8:48 PM

He is even a better man off the field. Tank Boyd is the guy you want as an ambassador for your program. If I’m not mistaken, he was under two different offensive schemes in his tenure. He played under Napier and Morris. 2 totally different mind sets and play styles. His transition from one to another was seamless. You couldn’t ask for a better leader than Tahj!

Dec 24, 2019, 9:47 PM

I respect and appreciate Tajh. I dont like to get in a position of evaluating players. Having said that, he under performed in the big games.

Dec 24, 2019, 9:58 PM

Tajh was top 5 of my family’s favorite players. Total respect for him as a player and Clemson man.

Dec 24, 2019, 9:57 PM

More than any other player, I think he was tthe one that started us up this hill

and tough as nails.

I appreciate the heck out of Tajh. It’s possible he wouldn’t make two deep nowadays at Clemson.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:02 PM

But he came to Clemson when we weren’t proven and took a chance on us. He was part of getting us to where we are. He and others invested in us and didn’t get to appreciate the dividends with a ring of their own but they are just as much a part of it I think. I will never forget TB.

Re: I appreciate the heck out of Tajh. It’s possible he wouldn’t make two deep nowadays at Clemson.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:37 PM

I wouldn't be against every player since the dandy dozen having a Natty ring if they pay for them.

Tasha was the beginning of great things, but...

Dec 24, 2019, 10:17 PM

...I seem to remeber that he never beat U5c, and kinda never looked confident in those games.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

James Davis

Dec 24, 2019, 10:21 PM

Tajh is from my hometown of Hampton, VA - he's an all-time Tiger great! Love some Tajh.

But my vote for most unappreciated all-time Tiger would be good old "Thunder" -- Mr. James Davis.

JD unselfishly recruited CJ. CJ led to Sammy. Sammy to Deshaun. And so on. And so on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: James Davis

Dec 24, 2019, 11:15 PM

Totally agree Soc!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 10:25 PM

Love Tajh like my son but just talking "football " you gotta beat the coots one time. Watson or Lawrence running with those same guys going to get you one or two, so I think Tajh is appreciated but unfortunately he was followed by two of the greatest QBs in CFB history not just Clemson.

Dec 24, 2019, 11:40 PM

Bumped into him and told him all of that at the chickens' game this year. Told him you got all of this started. Which he did, He was a great transition fomo really good to a great. And if you have never played football you don't know how good you have to be to be a decent QB in college and he was a really good one. He didn't know me from Adam but asked me how I had been as if we were old acquaintances. Good man, loved to see what he did for kids and charities.

Taj is the MAN!

Dec 25, 2019, 12:42 AM

Awesome Tiger!

No Doubt, Tajh was a Baller and helped Clemson tremendously!***

Dec 25, 2019, 8:22 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic