Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think South Carolina is stuck with Muschump for a while...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I think South Carolina is stuck with Muschump for a while...

Sep 30, 2020, 8:30 AM

I highly doubt that they can afford the huge buyout with decreased revenues in this Covid year. This will hurt them for several years. He will get another 3 years at least.

Good times.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think South Carolina is stuck with Muschump for a while...

Sep 30, 2020, 8:52 AM

I have a feeling this year almost everyone will stay put HC wise unless there is some major upheaval or a retirement. It is just such a screwy year I doubt AD's are going to change coaches till the sports world gets a little more normal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 9:04 AM

Ok Boom!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They better be stuck with him!

Sep 30, 2020, 8:55 AM

William Lawrence Muschamp is a champion to all Tigers and one of our greatest treasures. He and his job must be protected at all costs! He just needs more time!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They better be stuck with him!

Sep 30, 2020, 9:12 AM

Much like the 0-4'ers have one..Muchchump is our Jim Harbaugh

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 9:40 AM

I hope they keep him long enough to where they have to answer questions about whether or not they are going to give him a contract extension.

Similar to Spurrier getting old, as the years on Muschamp's contract start to dwindle, recruits will wonder who they are signing up to play for and his prospects will get even worse than they are now.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:49 AM

I think it will be extremely difficult for any team to fire a high paid coach this season or even next. The financial hit schools are incurring to their athletic budgets is staggering. Thus, it would take private money to fire and hire a coach. And even that presents a bad look when coaches salaries are taking a hit and non revenue programs are being cut.

UofSC is stuck with Muschamp.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:54 AM

I hope you are correct.

The only positive for Chump at this point seems to be that he is brainwashing 1 5 star per season to sign up along all of his 3 star signees.

I guess at some point maybe that improve the program.

When a coach is literally begging your AD....

Sep 30, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I think South Carolina is stuck with Muschump for a while... ]

to hire him because that coach knows he is about to get fired from his current position, and the AD is out of better options since at least seven more preferred candidates either turned him down or withdrew their names from consideration, those are probably good indications that the particular coach is not likely an ideal long term solution for your program.

uof6c would never admit it, but they all knew that when CussChamp was hired. At the end of the day, the seventh or eighth choice rarely pans out.

If and when they can scrape-up enough buyout money to send NoChamp packing, they are going to be right back in that exact same boat. No coach worth his salt is going to accept that dead end job. Unless they can find someone else as desperate as Boom, they will either have to roll the dice with some young naive inexperienced coach, or hire another old fossilized retread.

The Capons think they are a football school and that the Chicken Tech head coaches position is among the best in college football. Of course, this has more to do with their ongoing and seemingly never ending lack of self awareness than actual facts. The truth is, it's not. In fact, I'm not convinced it makes the top 30. Heck...there may be 30 better HC jobs in the southeast alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: When a coach is literally begging your AD....

Sep 30, 2020, 10:21 PM

Sorry, I’ll never talk trash about a veteran coach with a .500 winning percentage that has made a bunch of millions and more to come! ??

Re: I pray that you're right. He's the gift that keeps on

Sep 30, 2020, 9:48 AM

giving. I don't see us ever losing to a Muschamp-coached team. Ever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

stuck with Muschump for a while...--- YEP, What is his

Sep 30, 2020, 9:52 AM

current contract term ? anyone know ????

null

Re: stuck with Muschump for a while...--- YEP, What is his

Sep 30, 2020, 12:08 PM

If he is fired after this season, the buyout is 13.2 Million per the extension signed last December (2019). The buyouts by year were not outlined. I'd expect a drop of about 2-3 million each year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STRAIGHT WOW -- that is a LOT of $Dough for a

Oct 1, 2020, 8:35 AM

####### goofball

null

Sep 30, 2020, 9:56 PM

Wiki notes that this dude had the most wins among SCar coaches in his first three seasons and the most losses in his first four seasons.

In his third season as head coach of the Gamecocks, Muschamp led South Carolina to a 7–5 regular season record. Muschamp's 22 wins through his first three seasons at South Carolina is the most among Gamecock head football coaches.

His fourth season came with one of the toughest schedules in the nation. South Carolina finished the season 4–8, although they did upset #3 Georgia on the road. After that season, his record was 26–25, and his 25 losses through his first four seasons is the most among Gamecock head football coaches.

Oct 1, 2020, 8:51 AM

Lol that is funny.

Mostly, his "most wins" and "most losses" comes from the 12 game schedule. Sitting at exactly .500 as of today make it easy edge the legacy that is a bunch of 0.410-0.460 coaches that sprinkle the roadside and graveyard behind Willy B. If Dietzel or Rex had 12 games, Muscoot would look even more irrelevant.

Muscoot still has a way to go before he becomes the losingest coach. With 26 Ls, that is 43 short of Enright. But with between 8-10 losses per season based on the current outlook, well it might come sooner than later.

They lucky to even have him***

Oct 1, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lucky to even have him***

Oct 1, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic