Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think Dabo is the greatest ever and am will never think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,910

I think Dabo is the greatest ever and am will never think

Oct 4, 2020, 3:11 PM

anythng less. But I havve to say, I was good and mad at halftime last night. When you are up 24-3 and receive the ball with 1:45 remaining in the half, there is no way your lead shuold be cut before halftime. Trying for those points on that last drive is what we do and most times it works out in our favor, but I was wondering when it was going to come back to bit us. Last night when we threw three straight incompletetions and Virginia scored before half, I was really wishing we would have just run three running plays starting at 1:45 and left Virginia little to no time to even try for a score. We should have gone in at 24-3 and there probably would have never been much of a threat in the second half.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Dabo is the greatest ever and am will never think

Oct 4, 2020, 3:13 PM

yeah I worried about that igniting UVa. Glad it didnt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 3:50 PM

They should have run the ball on 3rd down because Virginia had no time outs left. After a punt, Virginia would not have had but abound 40 seconds left. No time to score like they did with more time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 4:01 PM

I think that score for UVA took 48 seconds!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm

Oct 4, 2020, 3:55 PM

Trying for those points on that last drive is what we do and most times it works out in our favor, but I was wondering when it was going to come back to bit us.

So if something works 10 times and then fails once, is it a good strategy or not? I would call that timeout in that spot every single time and i hope Dabo keeps doing it. You can't play scared.

Oct 4, 2020, 3:59 PM

With me, Dabo didn't seem to have that fire that he's always had. And I'm talking about that TD that was stolen from Amari. Before he would have been out on the field calling a timeout and having that play reviewed, and if he had, I'm a 100% positive that call would have been reversed, +7. I have reviewed it many times in slow mo, and that was a TD according to the rules of the game. The catch was made, and he was clearly down before that ball was grabbed, pushed or slapped out of Amari's hands, he was down before any of that happened!!! And anybody who doubts that, go and watch the entire play in slow mo, and it shows a catch, and player down before the ball was out, in fact, he had rolled over on his back, and it was clearly a TD before the ball come loose!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 5:37 PM

$9.2M per year can affect one's perspective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2020, 12:45 AM

It would mine, no doubt!!!

Oct 4, 2020, 5:55 PM

We have the likely #1 pick in the upcoming NFL draft and a load of other offensive weapons and you want our coaching staff to play it safe in those situations?

At the very least it seemed like a good opportunity to get reps in that situation for when we’ll need points in a tighter game.

Oct 4, 2020, 5:59 PM

...and with UVA getting the ball to start the 2nd, correct?

Oct 4, 2020, 6:14 PM

They tried twice to convert. Why not take some time off the clock with a run and go into the locker room up 24-3. They didn't and took a 24-10 lead into the locker room. Not second guessing our coaching staff but I am armchair quarterbacking I guess. However, hindsight is 20-20.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me two - Dabo is am the greatest coaches ever

Oct 7, 2020, 1:06 AM

also

null

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,910
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic