Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think DJU has a legit shot at winning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I think DJU has a legit shot at winning

Jan 12, 2021, 12:44 PM

four national championships and four Heisman trophies. I haven't taken the time to research it, but I don't think anyone has ever accomplished that before. Maybe Tebow did, but I don't remember.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think DJU has a legit shot at winning

Jan 12, 2021, 12:46 PM

A guy who'll only be here 2 years will get 4 championships? New math?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen how much his dad loves Clemson?

Jan 12, 2021, 12:47 PM

He'll definitely be here 4 more years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Have you seen how much his dad loves Clemson?

Jan 12, 2021, 2:48 PM

Don't you think you are selling him short, I am sure he could even get a few Natties in other sports as well as football....

Jan 12, 2021, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I think DJU has a legit shot at winning ]

A Clemson player has no shot at a Heisman. ESPN chooses who wins the Heisman and they don't like Clemson because we beat their step child Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple days ago I told Dabo he should leave DJU in for

Jan 12, 2021, 12:50 PM

all 4 quarters of every game next year to get him a Heisman trophy. So I would not be surprised if he takes that advice.

I hope you faxed it so it is in writing. CDS could print it

Jan 12, 2021, 12:58 PM

out and take it with him to the post-game handshake with the other coach dude. Like a note from his Mom kinda thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

This was a Covid year. DJ has 4 more years

Jan 12, 2021, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I think DJU has a legit shot at winning ]

And he doesn't strike me as the type who will leave his brothers early for selfish gain.

No Tiger will win a Heisman with Dabo as HC

Jan 12, 2021, 2:35 PM

He will never leave them in enough to get the gaudy stats required for ESPN to declare them the front runner/winner

Jan 12, 2021, 2:37 PM

I think Ron Powlus won three Heismans at ND.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJ will win ONE Heisman. There are 5 reasons why.

Jan 12, 2021, 2:51 PM

1. He won't split votes. We know that you cannot have 2 guys on one team who will split votes. That was TL's biggest challenge. ETN took his votes. If you have 2 great players on one team... scratch them. We have random guys at RB next year.

2. Our OL isn't great at run blocking. If you're OL is too good at run blocking, then your QB won't get enough opportunities to throw the ball. Look at Bama. Mac Jones did NOT win the Heisman.

3. The ACC plus SCar is not very good defensively.

4. Our defense wasn't great last year, and we return everyone (unless Turner goes pro). So we may have more shootout opportunities. It's easier to score 50 if you're defense allows 28 because you don't feel like an AHOLE running up the score.

5. DJ is an elite talent with a 5 star WR Ladson, a 5 Star WR NGata, and HOPEFULLY a 5 star WR Ross back. Give me another team with THREE 5 star WRs. If you just throw it anywhere near those guys... game over. Then you mix in a dude like Davis Allen at TE, who may just be one of Elliott's favorite guys that he's ever coached...

If DJ does not win the Heisman, I would be shocked. I don't think he will win 2 Heismans because ESPN will not allow that to happen at Clemson. They hate us.

Jan 12, 2021, 6:55 PM

Archie Griffin at Ohio State won 2 Heisman trophies back in the day. Only multiple winner. More of a running back award then.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic