Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I sure wish this dang virus would..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,243

I sure wish this dang virus would..

Mar 20, 2020, 4:38 PM

Kill off pollen!!!

This virus has cancelled my gallbladder surgery. They consider it elective. All the pain I am having...that is not elective. Could months..or over a yr.. before l can have the surgery. At this point, I am willing to take the risk.

Anyway..Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I sure wish this dang virus would..

Mar 20, 2020, 4:42 PM

Not sure how serious your post is... But if you're in pain and need gall bladder surgery, I can't see them telling you that's elective. If it's a chance at rupturing,I would push for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 4:51 PM

null

Message was edited by: Illnoistiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I sure wish this dang virus would.. ]

My son in law was misdiagnosed on his gall bladder and was sent home telling him he had kidney stones. He kept telling them it wasn't and they wouldn't listen. He was in great pain and went to a different hospital and when they checked him, he went into emergency surgery and he had gangrene set in and was ready to rupture. Now the good part is the insurance company said it wasn't a necessary surgery. When the doctors and hospital got through with them they reversed their thinking. The other hospital is now being sued. GET THE SURGERY DONE BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2020, 5:03 PM

No hospital around here will do elective
Next time it is really bad I am calling ems and going to er. I will put on a pain show for them..lol

I have pain meds for another problem that eases the pain but I hate taking them. Was given a bottle of 60 hydrocodone 5 months ago and still have 30 tabs left..they make me feel goofy in the head and I can't stand that

Mar 20, 2020, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I sure wish this dang virus would.. ]

I am dead serious. Even with the pain, they still say it is elective. There have been several days in a row with severe pain, vomiting, diarrhea and fever and chills. It is crazy

That is not elective!! Sad that I was so looking forward to surgery

Mar 20, 2020, 4:45 PM

John Q?

Gall stone attacks lead to pancreatitis, which increases

Mar 20, 2020, 5:02 PM

The likelihood for pancreatic cancer down the road. It is not an elective surgery. Had mine removed in August. Best thing I‘ve ever had done. Your stomach getting adjusted to the bile going straight there instead of through the gallbladder does lead to some panicky races to the bathroom in the months following. Take my advice and consider adult diapers or have your family leave a bathroom open at all times because you won’t make it 100% of the time. I had an issue where the wife was using the bathroom in our bedroom, daughter was taking a bath in another and son was taking a shower down in the basement. The daughter did not appreciate her bath being interrupted so violently by me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,243
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic