Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D-Rad Replacements
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

D-Rad Replacements

Jan 31, 2021, 9:05 AM

Lot of talk about finding a replacement for Brownell, but does it not make sense to clean house and start with D-Rad and leave it to a new AD to find "his coaches" - we're talking about a basketball coach at a football school, Dabo would have a lot of input.

I've supported Brownell, think he's a good guy, but the program isn't heading in the direction fans would like and boosters will continue to support. Haven't been a big fan of D-Rad and not a fan at all of Davis Babb.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still don’t know why Davis Babb’s position was created.

Jan 31, 2021, 9:11 AM

Nothing against him personally. Hey I would’ve taken that job, too!
But did IPTAY really need to add a CEO position after all those years?

Anything I give to them, I feel like I’m just helping to pay a little bit of that dude’s salary.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I still don’t know why Davis Babb’s position was created.

Jan 31, 2021, 9:21 AM

Watched Babb be rude to his wife on the White House lawn at the Natty celebration a few years ago. The way he behaved was embarrassing to the school, other people noticed. Lost all respect for that dude in that moment.

I agree, appointing a CEO to IPTAY sounds like the kind of unnecessary recommendation Tennessee would have paid Parker's Executive Search Team $120,000 for, for a weeks worth of Googling.

Jan 31, 2021, 9:53 AM

Instead of lean and mean we getting too fat and sassy at Clemson they used to respect fans and make you feel important now it’s just send me more money and shut up

Jan 31, 2021, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I still don’t know why Davis Babb’s position was created. ]

350 or 375K a year?

Jan 31, 2021, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: I still don’t know why Davis Babb’s position was created. ]

350 or 375K a year?

Re: D-Rad Replacements

Jan 31, 2021, 9:56 AM

D-Rad does not need to go anywhere. It is a simple question, Do we accept mediocrity in Basketball at Clemson or do we strive for more? If we want more then we say thanks to coach BB and let him go at the end of this season unless he miraculously gets things turned around and we do make the dance. I have confidence that D-Rad will make the right decision and bring in the best coach possible.

Calling for D-Rad to be replaced is crazy talk.

Jan 31, 2021, 10:06 AM

He has overseen unprecedented success in athletic performance (including football), athletic department fundraising, and facility enhancements. This is the best period in Clemson’s athletic history. He deserves much of the credit for that.

The only way we will be looking for his replacement is if he retires or takes another position elsewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Calling for D-Rad to be replaced is crazy talk.

Jan 31, 2021, 10:15 AM

He ruined basketball seating with the new "premium" section and hierarchy - far too many empty
seats in full view of the cameras.

And he has plans to do the same with football - creating more "premium" seating in Memorial
Stadium at the expense of long-term loyal fans. Somebody said it perfectly earlier in this
thread - SEND MONEY and SHUT UP! That is how our AD thinks.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money talks.

Jan 31, 2021, 10:43 AM

You can’t just have a stadium full of fans who take up premium seats just because they give the minimum and gain their status because their grandpappy had season tickets.

Of course loyalty is important, and should be part of the equation. But loyalty doesn’t pay the bills.

How do you think funding a winning program can happen if Clemson doesn’t find ways to enhance revenue? This is especially important after the financial hit caused by the pandemic.

If you want it like the “good old days” when tickets were cheap and everyone could attend, then don’t expect good facilities, good coaches, good recruiting, or anything else that is required to field a good team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Very true.

Jan 31, 2021, 3:14 PM

Like... tickets were cheaper in the 80s.
But Danny Ford never had a slide in Jervey.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Money talks.

Jan 31, 2021, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Money talks. ]

Judge Keller the bagman for basketball? He put money and recruiting in the same sentence!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Including football", well yeah...

Jan 31, 2021, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Calling for D-Rad to be replaced is crazy talk. ]

You need a reality check>None of it exists w/o football, success is directly related to Dabo.

Ok so you think we should just fire Brad? I guess I’m ok with that.***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Calling for D-Rad to be replaced is crazy talk. ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2021, 10:19 AM

Good thing that Tigernet bloggers are neither on the Board of Trustees nor the President.

Jan 31, 2021, 10:44 AM

I give Dabo most of the credit, not D-Rad. Dabo is making D-Rad and Babb look like geniuses. Money follows success, people are making donations at all time highs thanks to the achievements of the football program under Dabo. Terry Don deserves the credit for giving Dabo the opportunity - D-Rad and Babb are just riding his coat tail.

Our football team didn’t take the next step until DRad was here.

Jan 31, 2021, 10:47 AM

He has done a lot to support the football program. Of course Dabo has been a key factor in our success, but without support from the AD you wouldn’t have seen us winning national championships in recent years.

Wait...

Jan 31, 2021, 12:17 PM

So our football success is due more to Drad than Dabo, or even TDP?

Is that your claim?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Wait...

Jan 31, 2021, 4:18 PM

I’ll need that in the form of a simple “yes” or “no”.

Jan 31, 2021, 4:33 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Quite the connundrum we have here, because a 'yes' would also

Feb 1, 2021, 10:28 AM

imply Drad is responsible for our Bball program finally winning at the Dean Dong in Chapel Hill.

lol, can you even?!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 31, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: D-Rad Replacements ]

Amen

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Astute comment is astute.

Jan 31, 2021, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: D-Rad Replacements ]

Just wait and see how awesome these IPTAY geniuses are when Dabo decides to hang it up and the football team goes 8-4 a couple of times, if they even hang around that long. Somehow it will be the fans’ fault that the money isn’t coming in. We suck. They are awesome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 31, 2021, 2:54 PM

How many years does it take???????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2021, 3:46 PM

They won't care, the suits in charge now will move on to another cush role in another athletic department with a resume built by Dabo. If they are smart, they will take take another role in another program long before Dabo hangs it up, with their next stop being their last just to pad their retirement plan.

Clemson will be left holding the bag of debt from the facilities arms race. The flip side - the best recruits/players also follow the money and success as a path to the NFL, its a catch 22. As long as Dabo sticks around you will have consistency on the football side of things, everything else depends on that. The cost of big time football.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic