Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I shed a tear in remembrance of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I shed a tear in remembrance of

May 27, 2019, 8:10 AM

Arturo Lopez, Dwight McKinney,Louis Zittergruen, Ralph Hunt, Jesse Moses, Hector Oyola, Donald Kahre, Donald Chipp,Titus Epps, Craig Reska, and Robert Fozzard from my Viet Nam unit, and for all the thousands from throughout history who made the ultimate sacrifice serving in our military. God Bless.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I shed a tear in remembrance of

May 27, 2019, 8:29 AM

Amen and Amen. Thank you for your service and sacrifice for all of our freedoms. ????????????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 27, 2019, 8:49 AM

God Bless. May we never forget.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 8:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

May 27, 2019, 10:30 AM

I was there in 1970 (but never saw Saigon).

May 27, 2019, 11:14 AM

Clover65 .... I was there as well for all of 1970 (I Corps - from Chu Lai to just north of DaNang). Although I had friends and fellow Marines that never made it back, I am most proud of the fact that I did not have to send a single letter home to a mother telling her that her son would never come home. I know how I felt when one of my men would get wounded and that was bad enough. We lost men in the units my combat engineer platoon supported (3rd Bn., 1st Marines), but we were extremely lucky. So, I too shed a tear for your fellow soldiers that paid the ultimate price. This day is for them!

That was my area too - Chu Lai was home to

May 27, 2019, 1:14 PM

the Army's Amrical Division. Spent most of my time around Duc Pho out of Hill 411 firebase. Was at Marine base in DaNang trying to go out for standby R&R but all flights were full.

Re: That was my area too - Chu Lai was home to

May 28, 2019, 2:40 PM

My first unit was 9th Engineer Bn. and we supported the Americal Division. Our compound was right across the street. My last project with the 9th Engineers was disassembling five Butler Buildings and sending them to Okinawa. After that we turned our compound over to the South Vietnamese Army. Prior to that my platoon occupied an old Seabee compound in Tam Ky. Our main job was to sweep Highway 1 for mines each morning.

After six weeks in the Naval Hospital in Guam, I came back to VN to the 1st Engineer Bn. and my platoon was assigned to the 3rd Bn., 1st. Marines just north of DaNang. We probably crossed paths one place or another.

May 28, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I shed a tear in remembrance of ]

Thank you TigerLinks for serving our country. You have my respect and gratitude for fighting in a very difficult war. You are a Hero!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God Bless You All !!!!

May 27, 2019, 10:35 AM

From the deepest appreciation of my heart. I hope this becomes the POTD because it should!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 11:39 AM

PFC Kalin Johnson

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 11:42 AM

SSG Cody Schwab

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2019, 11:43 AM

SPC Kelly Grothe

Two Screaming Eagles that died way too young....

May 27, 2019, 3:08 PM

1LT Joshua C. Hurley

https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-1st-lt-joshua-c-hurley/256878

and

SPC Maurice J. Johnson

https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-maurice-j-johnson/256882

They both died from an IED attack in Mosul Iraq on 1 November, 2003. This was the start of a really bad month for us (101st Airborne) in Northern Iraq. Ramadan had just started at the end of October and the "crazies" seemed to really come out of the woodwork in November. Thank God for the improvements in our body armor, onsite triage and MEDEVAC capabilities or a lot more of our wounded would not be with us today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went through jump school too but when you got to Nam

May 27, 2019, 4:09 PM

they just sent infantrymen to units that needed more guys. Some of my friends went to the 101st further north from where I was. They were hit hard by the NVA during the summer of '70 and our Americal battalion was sent to reinforce them.

Re: I went through jump school too but when you got to Nam

May 28, 2019, 4:42 PM

Steve, so many thanks and blessings to you..while you were in VN, I was going to SJC. Johnny was in the Navy. A good friend of his, a helicopter pilot, was shot down but survived. And I think the whole town of Clover, at least those of us old enough, remember the loss of Steve Camp. God bless you my friend and still waiting for us to get together.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2019, 11:43 AM

Looks like you guys had a rough deployment. Glad you made it back Clover.

Were you drafted?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

May 28, 2019, 3:33 PM

Many share those tears with you because it is painful to lose friends and loved ones. But when young men’s lives are cut short due to war and conflicts Its very tragic and sad. But many honor and are so appreciative for those willing to fight for just causes and for freedom.

We offer up our prayers to uplift you and those you served with asking that God will bless you and all of the others who has served this country. We thank you so much for your service, selflessness and sacrifice for our great country. We thank you for your willingness to fight for those who are unable to defend themselves. You are all Heroes!

Memorial Day has become one of the most important holidays to many as we have come to realize its significance which is to honor those who paid the ultimate price by sacrificing their lives for this country or for other countries who cherish freedom as we do in the United States.

Thank you so much for being a part of a select group of special people who we honor everyday for being a part of the United States Armed Forces.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic