Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many holding calls did the Big 12 officials flag tonight?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

How many holding calls did the Big 12 officials flag tonight?

Jan 11, 2021, 11:56 PM

B12 official’s do not know what a holding call is! Glad to see Ryan Day and OSU get an big time butt whipping. Where does OSU go now without the great justin fields???

They tried but could not hold bama. I think if Nolan Turner and JS had not missed so many plays OSU may have been sitting at home watch Clemson Bama 5!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will have someone else. They are a machine***

Jan 12, 2021, 12:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw one called on Ohio* in the first half.***

Jan 12, 2021, 12:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I saw one called on Ohio* in the first half.***

Jan 12, 2021, 6:38 AM

I read an article about each conferences official’s. It’s struck me as a little unusual that each conference has its own standards. For example the Big12 rarely will throw flags for holding, illegal use of hands or those type of penalties. They focus more on offsides, illegal motion, illegal set up’s and those type calls. The ACC is big on PI calls, holding, and those type calls, the SEC is somewhat similar to the ACC but the SEC seems to focus on coughing the passer, personal fouls etc ...

The NCAA should bring all conference commissioners together to make sure all official’s training is the same regardless of conference. All games should be called by the same rules. It could have made a big difference in the outcome of our game against OSU. Holding is holding , Offsides is offsides, PI is PI etc... IMO if officiating were standard across all conferences it would help to make sure the game is decided by players and not official’s.

The Big 12 crew called maybe 1 or 2 holding calls all night in NC game last night. And I am not even sure they called a holding violation in our game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 6:46 AM

I only remember one last night. On OSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 6:55 AM [ in reply to I saw one called on Ohio* in the first half.*** ]

I saw a lot that weren't called. The funny thing is that the only one I remember that was called was a pretty good job of holding. Maybe the call was on part that wasn't replayed, but the part they showed seemed relatively tame by today's standards.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 7:00 AM

I am glad you saw it to, I was starting to believe my eyes were playing tricks on me. But I know I saw holding at lest 10 to 12 times or more by OSU’s OL and their DB’s during our game.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic