Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chas Brice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Chas Brice

Nov 9, 2020, 10:51 AM

I think he could come back to Duke next year given the Covid rules. I wonder if he will given how bad this year has gone there. Not saying it is his fault. Given the goofy off season maybe more time with Cutcliff would help him though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chas Brice

Nov 9, 2020, 10:57 AM

Due to COVID rules, Chase can play next year AND the year after.

He is currently a RS Junior and will be the same next season due to the eligibility rule changes this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 11:31 AM

Chase/Duke need blocking and receivers who can go after 50/50 balls and catch them. Chase had good receivers while at Clemson; not so much at Duke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 3:51 PM

^This.

I've listened to a couple Duke games. I get the impression this team didn't want to play and has been going through the motions all season. No one has said that, but the lack of enthusiasm conveys it.

Then you see somebody make a great effort play even when they're down by 5 TDs, and you wonder how good they could be if they gave that effort from the opening kickoff onward.

The WRs definitely don't have the will to make plays. Chase has to try to throw them open sometimes and ends up with ugly interceptions. Even while at Clemson, Chase let himself get ambushed by the free safety reading his eyes, but this season he has had zero help in the passing game. Many of his picks are not his fault.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:10 PM

Very interesting to hear you say dook ( sorry that’s just the way we spell it ) may not have wanted to play this year. As I watched the game Saturday it really did seem like their effort was nonexistent. If fact the broadcasters said “it looks like the Carolina offense is playing against air”. I thought that’s exactly how it looks. So, you might be correct. The dook heart just isn’t there this year.

He already had 2 years to play

Nov 9, 2020, 3:14 PM

I think now he technically has 3

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it when Brice was here

Nov 9, 2020, 4:26 PM

The talent just isn't there with this kid to ever make the NFL. Even for the college game, he's got average arm strength, he's got average mobility, and he's an average decision-maker. His accuracy is below average. Even at Clemson he was barely at 60% completion (60.2%).

Now, for his career he has 16 TDs and 16 INTs. He's fallen to 56.4% completion percentage. He averages 6.8 ypa. I'm not sure Duke will even allow him to start again next year even if he does decide to come back. Cutcliff is used to having much better QB play.

I know the Clemson coaches like to talk up our kids, and it's a good thing to do sometimes, but sometimes you have to use your eyes. We've heard from them on how great the OL is this year. We've also heard them on how great Taisun P is (coaches think he will be a future NFL QB?), and I would wait for more confirmation on that one.

With all of that said, I'll always be thankful for Chase's efforts in the Syracuse game in 2018. He was actually quite mediocre throughout the game, but he converted on that key 4th and 6 on the final drive. It was the only pass he threw on that 13-play scoring drive, but it was a clutch play. I'm not sure we would have made the playoff without it.

Re: I said it when Brice was here

Nov 9, 2020, 5:57 PM

Brice should have stayed at Clemson. He had a better chance of getting in the NFL by being a backup to Trevor than by being the main guy at another college. I still think he could land on an NFL roster as a UDFA backup but he definitely hurt his chances for that by leaving.

Re: I said it when Brice was here

Nov 9, 2020, 9:10 PM [ in reply to I said it when Brice was here ]

The talent just isn't there with this kid to ever make the NFL. Even for the college game, he's got average arm strength, he's got average mobility, and he's an average decision-maker. His accuracy is below average. Even at Clemson he was barely at 60% completion (60.2%).

Now, for his career he has 16 TDs and 16 INTs. He's fallen to 56.4% completion percentage. He averages 6.8 ypa. I'm not sure Duke will even allow him to start again next year even if he does decide to come back. Cutcliff is used to having much better QB play.

I know the Clemson coaches like to talk up our kids, and it's a good thing to do sometimes, but sometimes you have to use your eyes. We've heard from them on how great the OL is this year. We've also heard them on how great Taisun P is (coaches think he will be a future NFL QB?), and I would wait for more confirmation on that one.

With all of that said, I'll always be thankful for Chase's efforts in the Syracuse game in 2018. He was actually quite mediocre throughout the game, but he converted on that key 4th and 6 on the final drive. It was the only pass he threw on that 13-play scoring drive, but it was a clutch play. I'm not sure we would have made the playoff without it.

Considering Chase has started fewer games than DJU at Clemson, idk how you could say all of the above is an absolute fact. Who knows what CB's numbers would be as a starter.

Fact is, we have been SPOILED with QB talent the past 9 years. Filthy, STINKIN' SPOILED. CB is closer to above average than you think.

Every good QB could be knocked down a peg going to a less talented team. Doesn't mean I think CB would beat out DJU in a competition based on what we have seen but to say average everything because he now starts at DUKE and isn't putting up skyrocket numbers in a system that he has less than a year - did he even get there in the spring to practice? Pretty sure he's only been there since summer camp.

I'll judge him more next year with some time in the system vs an off-pandemic year where experience is more important

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My neighbor has a dog named Chase

Nov 9, 2020, 4:35 PM

He is around 9 months old. He enjoys coming up to our back deck and leaving us some nice home made logs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 8:46 PM

Chase has some precious memories from Clemson other college players can only dream about.

Wish him the best whatever he decides to do at Duke and in life after college. Obviously the NFL is not in his future.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic