Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I miss the balloons in Death Valley.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

I miss the balloons in Death Valley.

Sep 12, 2019, 11:53 AM

They were biodegradable! Who got butt-hurt?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I miss the balloons in Death Valley.

Sep 12, 2019, 11:57 AM

That was a rhetorical question, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Just because they are biodegradable doesn't mean instantly

Sep 12, 2019, 11:59 AM

biodegradable or edible.It was still litter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... found juan...

Sep 12, 2019, 12:01 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Just because they are biodegradable doesn't mean instantly

Sep 12, 2019, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Just because they are biodegradable doesn't mean instantly ]

So are old sneakers, but I bet you don't walk around barefoot all the time! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just because they are biodegradable doesn't mean instantly

Sep 13, 2019, 10:27 AM

Since a helium-filled balloon launch from the field as the Tigers run down The Hill is bad, how about a new tradition of having a water-filled balloon drop on the opposing team as they enter the field. Then we could easily sweep up the balloons afterwards and all the Tiger fans would be happy again.

Me too!***

Sep 12, 2019, 11:59 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 12:05 PM

No reason we shouldn’t still be releasing them again!!

Just my opinion!! Miss them too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 12, 2019, 12:12 PM

Agree 100%

Sep 12, 2019, 12:15 PM

Ditto. Ain’t the same without them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 12:17 PM

I miss them too and though I would like to bring them back I know there is very slim chance, so we need to come up with something different.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't notice a difference***

Sep 12, 2019, 12:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Sep 12, 2019, 12:25 PM

There was NO legit reason to have done away with the biodegradable balloons. It dramatically took a lot away from the game day experience, and the 25 most exciting seconds of college football. To top it off, we caved to the Peta type group, but yet hypocritically use older balloon release videos to promote the Clemson game day experience.
If you want to cave to stupid you should at least be proud of your caving!

Dramatically?***

Sep 12, 2019, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes. Should he type slower next time ?***

Sep 12, 2019, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Wouldn't hurt***

Sep 12, 2019, 1:01 PM

Re: Yes. Should he type slower next time ?***

Sep 13, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Yes. Should he type slower next time ?*** ]

Yes, some of the lurkers here still can't read that fast

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons in Death Valley. ]

Taking away the balloons has significantly damaged our pregame experience! It definitely takes away from most exciting 25 seconds... As you mentioned, as proof look no further than how the university, ESPN and the ACC continue to use the visual images with the balloons in the entrance to promote the football product! This will ultimately do nothing but hurt the fan experience and Clemson branding efforts on TV. There should be some way to bring them back. The fireworks are nice but not at all the same. A small group of activists made this decision and it seems the majority connected with the university, fans and alumni have no voice.

Sep 12, 2019, 6:00 PM

CU85 said:

Taking away the balloons has significantly damaged our pregame experience! It definitely takes away from most exciting 25 seconds... As you mentioned, as proof look no further than how the university, ESPN and the ACC continue to use the visual images with the balloons in the entrance to promote the football product! This will ultimately do nothing but hurt the fan experience and Clemson branding efforts on TV. There should be some way to bring them back. The fireworks are nice but not at all the same. A small group of activists made this decision and it seems the majority connected with the university, fans and alumni have no voice.

You’re right. I expect recruiting to fall off dramatically as well... ??????

Get a grip

Sep 12, 2019, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons in Death Valley. ]

CU85 said:

You’re right. I expect recruiting to fall off dramatically as well... ??????

Get a grip

Sep 12, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons in Death Valley. ]

Loggerheads on the coast were found with orange balloons inside of them. They mess with ecosystems. Think about the Earth your kids will live on before you call "peta type groups" stupid

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PETA and PETA-type groups are stupid. Hth***

Sep 12, 2019, 3:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Did you stop and think about your kids

Sep 12, 2019, 3:18 PM

Before you posted?

Yes and I came to the same conclusion***

Sep 12, 2019, 3:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

K. Just making sure you are following the rules***

Sep 13, 2019, 9:11 AM

no they are not

Sep 12, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to PETA and PETA-type groups are stupid. Hth*** ]

most people believe in the proper care of animals to ensure they do not get abused.

Sorry you can't appreciate that.

Sep 12, 2019, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons in Death Valley. ]

I absolutely do not believe your post as it implies that the balloons (if there ever truly were balloons in turtles) came from Clemson. Had this been true the evidence would have been spread far and wide throughout Clemson nation. The balloons simply do not hold enough helium and are semi porous. No way they could have survived long enough to make it all the way to the ocean from Clemson. Peta has been driving this desire for decades, and for decades have had no evidence to justify their power trip. Had there ever been any real such thing happen, they would NOT have kept to themselves, but rather seen to that it be plastered on every front page of every newspaper across the nation.
I'm calling total and complete BS.

Link?***

Sep 12, 2019, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons in Death Valley. ]

Re: Link?***

Sep 13, 2019, 7:17 AM

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/balloon-hazards-real-or-overblown/article_c9a7e1b2-56bb-5e14-acc6-d64898653e83.html

“The bill was prompted by a 5th grade class from the upstate”

Your political system at work.

“...and the children shall lead.” (Star Trek, Episode 4 Season 3)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here we go again...like a bunch of school girls

Sep 12, 2019, 12:27 PM

"I want my pretty balloons back" WAH WAH WAH. Releasing balloons into the world is reckless and pointless. Get over it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here we go again...like a bunch of school girls

Sep 12, 2019, 1:30 PM

"I want my pretty balloons back" WAH WAH WAH. Releasing balloons in the world is reckless and pointless. Get over it.

Even biodegradable balloons get eaten by animals and they choke or die out in digestion. It’s just wanton waste. Trust me I’m no peta freak either I am an avid hunter/fisherman. I love to kill stuff to eat Hahahaha but balloons are just a side act we can live without. Go Tigers!

Sep 13, 2019, 6:09 AM

I've got an idea. Instead of biodegradable balloons, someone needs to invent an edible balloon. They could be made with vitamins and supplements to make the turtles bigger and stronger.

Sep 13, 2019, 7:19 AM

Make them out of sea turtle intestines. I hear they are digestible.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No reason we shouldn’t still be releasing them again!!

Just my opinion!! Miss them too!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

It's due to the global helium shortage.

We tried to get a supply from Columbia, but they totally ran out after 2013. Now all they have is bunch of hot air.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The entrance is just not the same without them. While the may not be totally safe for the environment, I think it's a copout to eliminate them because a very small minority demanded it. I don't want an animal choking to death because it ate one of our balloons, but you have to pick your battles. I feel this battle resembles a schoolyard fight. Better to just have them work it out than to kick them out of school.
Just sayin...

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

they do fireworks instead now***

Sep 12, 2019, 12:30 PM

Re: they do fireworks instead now***

Sep 12, 2019, 12:33 PM

Global warming!!!
And some people (and probably animals) are allergic to sulfur.
Make zero sense. IMO

Re: they do fireworks instead now

Sep 12, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to they do fireworks instead now*** ]

they are nice but you cant be sure those will hit sea turtles or water fowl. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they do fireworks instead now

Sep 12, 2019, 6:29 PM

...or Panda bears.

Sep 12, 2019, 12:31 PM

What about giant orange and white bubbles? Can't we get a giant bubble maker?

Sep 12, 2019, 12:33 PM

Nice. Let's get Ronald McDonald, too! :)

Sep 12, 2019, 12:38 PM

The much much much bigger problem is the plastic cups and water bottles they sell in Death Valley. Which, by the way, no longer get recycled since China stopped taking out recycled plastic. The balloons are not even a drop in the swimming pool.

But bottles are properly disposed of in trash bags & buried

Sep 12, 2019, 3:11 PM

in landfills. Balloons are randomly distributed trash.

I like them more than the fireworks.***

Sep 12, 2019, 12:43 PM

Sep 12, 2019, 12:49 PM

Has anyone checked the price of Helium lately?

Sep 12, 2019, 12:52 PM

Has anyone checked the price of Clemson football tickets lately?

If there was evidence they were causing

Sep 12, 2019, 1:23 PM

ecological damage then I agree to stop doing it.

But if that was all a bunch of politically correct BS and there was no specific evidence it caused ecological damage, then I want it back.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If there was evidence they were causing

Sep 12, 2019, 3:03 PM

https://www.fws.gov/news/blog/index.cfm/2015/8/5/Balloons-and-Wildlife-Please-Dont-Release-Your-Balloons

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If there was evidence they were causing

Sep 12, 2019, 3:58 PM

Pictures of balloons in New Jersey is no evidence that the biodegradable balloons Clemson releases would have caused the same... Who knows what type of material those were made from.

That is actually not relevant to the Clemson balloons.***

Sep 12, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: If there was evidence they were causing ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A woman who sits in front of me in UE...

Sep 12, 2019, 1:38 PM

has a couple of really nice balloons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You know the rulz . . . . .***

Sep 12, 2019, 1:40 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 12, 2019, 1:40 PM

In honor of the balloons I always float some hot air right when the team runs down the hill. It's the least I can do.

But just think about all those Lake Hartwell turtles

Sep 12, 2019, 1:41 PM

with balloons wrapped around their necks and straws stuck in their noses

Maybe crazy idea

Sep 12, 2019, 1:46 PM

What if we had a couple of giant tiger paw shaped balloons tethered to a cable. Maybe one on each side of hill (or even on the road outside of hill). Let them go up when they run down. Depending on weather could just stay up whole game or reel back in at half/end of quarter?

If you swallowed one, you'd get really butt-hurt

Sep 12, 2019, 1:51 PM

Best Is The Standard

Sep 12, 2019, 6:14 PM

Me too

Sep 12, 2019, 8:57 PM

They may have been biodegradable but they still took too long to break down and could cause damage as it's basically mass littering...
The entrance is still extremely exciting. Yall make fun of South Carolina for having gimmicky fire extinguisher smoke during their entrance but then spend the last two years whining about balloons.

GO TIGERS

Aye ! That was a decision made during the Obama era ...

Sep 12, 2019, 9:00 PM

PC on steroids ... bring 'em back ... they were biodegradable

Sep 12, 2019, 9:06 PM

Seriously why can’t we have a couple hot air balloons rise from behind the scoreboard as they fire the cannon?

Sep 12, 2019, 11:12 PM

That second balloon is offensive. It's the American flag and Declaration of Independence.

Sep 13, 2019, 6:58 AM

Obviously. I just meant two hot air balloons with tiger paws - probably a better design than the one shown here.

Sep 13, 2019, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I miss the balloons in Death Valley. ]

That looks dangerous. Imagine if a whale swallowed that thing!

Maybe 3 of these tethered in each corner of DV, orange w/Paw

Sep 13, 2019, 6:29 AM

Search domain www.scientificsales.com/Meteorological-Weather-Sounding-Balloon-s/25.htmhttps://www.scientificsales.com/Meteorological-Weather-Sounding-Balloon-s/25.htm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 10:18 AM

I've flown thousands of hours over the Atlantic, Pacific, Artic, North Sea. Med, GOM, and Caribbean. Some of ya'll have no concept of truly how big this world is. The likelihood a balloon rises to such a level and doesn't pop long before it gets to the coast is small. The likelihood it lands in a place where a turtle feeds is even smaller. The likelihood the turtle, after a bite, isn't smart enough to determine it isn't food is even smaller.

Is it litter? Absolutely. But it's such a small percentage of what's out there, its insignificant. I dare anyone to find one shard of orange or white balloon from a Clemson release.

I miss not hearing the "Woo-Hoo"

Sep 13, 2019, 10:22 AM

I'm old school

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic