Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech

Feb 12, 2021, 10:23 PM

Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech

Nick Honor took it to the bank. Honor’s 3-point shot from 25 feet banked in off the glass with a little over one second remaining, giving Clemson a thrilling 74-72 victory over Georgia Tech in Littlejohn Coliseum Friday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech

Feb 12, 2021, 10:33 PM

Judge had asked a few days ago what would a successful season look like?

Well. Judge, W's like these. A game like this gives a team confidence. Great win Tigers. Feels good to win an offensive game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GREAT GAME. GREAT WIN***

Feb 13, 2021, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech

Feb 12, 2021, 10:40 PM

We got lucky tonight.

Feb 12, 2021, 10:42 PM

A lucky win is better than a crisp loss any day of the week. Just hope we can continue the momentum on the road. We stink on the road but all of these games are winnable. Hopefully this win (lucky or not) propels to several huge road wins to get us into the NCAA finally!

We are already in the NCAA Tournament.

Feb 12, 2021, 10:44 PM

And we are 4-4 away from Littlejohn this year, including wins over Alabama and Purdue.

We will be fine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

What??? No way.***

Feb 12, 2021, 10:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, I got a little carried away.

Feb 12, 2021, 10:57 PM

Forgive me, I’m pretty excited right now!

If we lose out and go 0-5, we would be 13-10 overall, 7-10 in the ACC. So we have work to do, like most teams do.

But make no mistake, we are currently easily in and nowhere close to the bubble.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 13, 2021, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech ]

Yep, that last game winning shot proved that the BB Gods were on our side for a change last night!!! And that shot was luck if Honor had never made shots like that, he has made them, and it was a good win down to the wire, and nothing can be taken from team effort bc that is what it was, and luck IMO had nothing to do with it!!!

We all have seen teams make last second shots like the Nick Honor game winning shot, and it was shots like that, that has helped teams to move on and win it all. Go Tigers, great game!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your pessimistic act has gotten old

Feb 12, 2021, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech ]

COOT.

Post something positive about this team. I dare you!

She can't and won't..***

Feb 13, 2021, 2:14 AM

Feb 12, 2021, 10:46 PM

A Great win! Not easy. Something to build on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 11:31 PM

Ga Tech is a good team capable of beating anyone on a given night. Just like Clemson. I prefer not to see them again unless it's in the NCAA.

We had a couple bad games and lost our confidence and were playing tight which put even more pressure on the team. They hear the outside noise about CBB at al. It matters in all sports but especially in bball.

Outstanding run before half to not let this game get away from us.

Feb 13, 2021, 12:11 AM

Agree why is their record as bad as it is? Impressive bunch. Great win against a team that handled us last time.

Feb 13, 2021, 11:55 AM

GT is a good team that has had more than their share of unlucky games!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2021, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech ]

A great win indeed!

Go Tigers!

Great win against a Georgia Tech that is better than....

Feb 12, 2021, 11:26 PM

...their record shows!!

- look at how they played us in game one - making 16 3’s and shooting 57% from the field
- they shot 52% from the field tonight but just couldn’t hit the 3-ball
- saw on ACCN they rank 3rd in the nation in playing time experience

It was great to see us never quit and kept believing even though GA Tech kept hitting back.

Go Tigers!!

Gutsy win against a good team.

Feb 12, 2021, 11:36 PM

Tech is much, much better than they have been in recent years. They aren’t a good matchup for us this year, great to see us pull it out!

Feb 12, 2021, 11:39 PM

Put my 3 kiddos to bed at halftime and headed to my garage knowing it was going to be a close one. Friday night after a long week with a cold beer in hand texting my buddies as the game stayed close. We rarely win the close ones and this GT team was feeling the flow they felt the last time they rolled us. Last two minutes I stood up behind my chair, did a little good energy dance, held my hand over my my “good vibes switch” that’s above my actual light switch, hands in the air waving good energy towards our team on the TV and holy #### that magic happened. Woo hooood for a solid 3 minutes until my wife came out to see what the hell was going on. Been watching our team all my life and I must say that tonight’s win with a three with at basically the buzzer was fan freekin tastic!! Go Tigers!! That’s why we watch the #### games!!

I love this! Thank you so much for posting!***

Feb 12, 2021, 11:41 PM

Re: I love this! Thank you so much for posting!***

Feb 13, 2021, 1:50 AM

Lets talk facts of the end of the game. We won . .fact!!! Love it. Not a good shot choice . .fact!!!! he shot with 23.3 seconds remaining. The center of the lane was unoccupied . and we only needed 2 points. I've been involved with games like this, in these situations. It's difficult to be totally heady . . doing everything as you would practice or want to do...been there, seen it, lived it. So a 3 pt bank from out front . yes a little lucky :) But I'll take it.

Feb 13, 2021, 1:50 AM

3.3 seconds when it was shot.

Feb 13, 2021, 5:20 AM

According to the article we could have just let it go in overtime....?? it was almost comfortable!

Trailing 72-72 and with just 8.4 seconds left to play, the Tigers fouled Georgia Tech point guard Jose Alvarado, an 88-percent free throw shooter. Alvarado missed both free throws, opening the door for the Tigers.

Final score should be 75-72... ?? lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 13, 2021, 9:34 AM

I love David, but his details are not always correct

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2021, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I love this! Thank you so much for posting!*** ]

A little lucky on the shot but I liked the look. It was an open shot and 3.3 seconds gives time for a follow if it doesn't go in.

Feb 13, 2021, 12:02 PM

It's luck when a shooter has never made the tough shots before, Nick has made them, so it wasn't what some call a lucky shot. He felt he could make that shot, and he did what he felt he could do, and that was to shoot, and win the game like he done!!!

Feb 13, 2021, 1:14 PM

If he was trying to bank it then you are correct that it was not lucky. Regardless I like the shot. It is one that I think that he would make a reasonable amount of the time, and like I said if he had missed there was time to follow it. You get lucky sometimes and unlucky sometimes. It evens out over time so I don't see it as an indictment against the team to say the shot was a little lucky. That was not my intention. It was one shot in a 40 minute game, that had good bounces and bad bounces and none held any more weight than the other.

I resemble those remarks - LOL!

Feb 13, 2021, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nick Honor takes it to the bank, hitting game-winner to beat Georgia Tech ]

Great Friday night entertainment imo!!

We hung in there well and what a great finish.

Feb 13, 2021, 12:33 PM

Great to be on the winning side of those type games.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic