Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ahhh the good old days. YETI TUMBLERS vs. poverYETI's...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Ahhh the good old days. YETI TUMBLERS vs. poverYETI's...

Aug 26, 2020, 8:10 AM

Emptying dishwasher earlier and find where one split, by the base, and filled with water.
Now I have many YETI tumblers (mostly gifts) and several fakes (RTIC, OZArk TRAIL etc.)

Guess which one failed? The Yeti.

Cheaper versions still going strong!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the

Aug 26, 2020, 8:16 AM

directions say don't put in the dishwasher.

Of course if you do correct me, I'll have to throat punch you. I won't apologize for my DNA.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We hand wash our entire YETI collection and let them dry on

Aug 26, 2020, 8:23 AM

a drying pad on the counter just so when people visit they see the enormous amount of money we have invested in Hot and Cold drinking vessels.

No bullshitting though, the 12oz and 16oz koozies will keep your beer cold for much longer than a regular koozie. Now, when pounding American Adjunct Lagers, that isn't an issue, but if you are sipping a 16oz Covfefe Infused Hazy Double IPA made with Beard Oil and Raw Denim by the pool, that 16oz koozie comes in handy.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, and it's why I hate using em.

Aug 26, 2020, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the ]

If my wife is any indication, there are some who can't enjoy a beverage at home that's not in a 64oz insulated metal tumbler. The proof is in the 4 or 5 sitting in the sink at any given time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not going to believe this, but...

Aug 26, 2020, 9:41 AM

same. She must have at least 3 distinct beverages a day, none of which are conducive to rinsing out the steel tumbler and simply transitioning liquids within the same vessel. Each requires a new tumbler. Coffee > Water > Tea > ? > Profit > Dirty one more cup just for good measure. All of which have to be washed by hand. And I do almost all of the dishes, because she's so incompetent at it.

Even better is the collection of cups on her bedside table and office--those gets collected and delivered to the sink several times per week. It's...impressive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since we are the same person, you’ll recall that our

Aug 26, 2020, 9:45 AM

Wife is the one who, for some reason, soaks non-stick pans in the sink, in lieu of giving them a squirt of soap and a 20 second wipe-out. The strategy with metal tumblers is the same....if you fill the sink with water an inch or two higher than the mass of tumblers in the sink, you’re somehow making progress.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come throat punch me, you incorrect person.

Aug 26, 2020, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the ]

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/are-yeti-tumblers-dishwasher-safe.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

yeah, I think they made that revision a few yrs ago.***

Aug 26, 2020, 8:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I make an appoitment?

Aug 26, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Come throat punch me, you incorrect person. ]

I have a lot of meetings today. Maybe sometime Thursday afternoon...would that work for you?

You'll have to catch me on I-95.

Aug 26, 2020, 8:36 AM

Driving to Maryland and back Thursday, but I can accommodate you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming there will be a fuel stipend?***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:02 AM

$0.58/mi.***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:04 AM

Meals?

Aug 26, 2020, 9:06 AM

Or do I need to pack a sack lunch?

Sorry, your trip isn't long enough to qualify for per diem.***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:06 AM

I HATE CORPORATE RED TAPE.***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:09 AM

please send me the zoom call link

Aug 26, 2020, 9:42 AM

tanks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It did fade the army green color of one of my coffee cups

Aug 26, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Come throat punch me, you incorrect person. ]

when the dog sitter put mine in the dishwasher.

HEY VINITA, THEY DON'T MAKE THIS COLOR ANYMORE, DO YOU WANT ME TO TAKE THIS OUT OF YOUR PAY?????????????????

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dishwasher does ruin the color coating on like the Contigo's

Aug 26, 2020, 9:04 AM

so I threw them out and just got the stainless steel contigo west loops.

Re: I like the Contigo's for coffee. But sometimes after I

Aug 26, 2020, 9:29 AM

wash them, my coffee tastes like soap for a long time. Can't seem to get the taste out no matter how much I rinse. Therefore, I just don't wash the lids anymore. Bean dirt just gets rinsed out now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always put the lids on the top rack, with it "opened"

Aug 26, 2020, 9:30 AM

and facing down, never had soap taste, that sounds unpleasant.

me too, or hand washed. Yeah it sucks.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:31 AM

especially for a coffee snob like me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the 110% club

Aug 26, 2020, 8:19 AM

https://youtu.be/OZr_1Lcqul8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Suitable for framing

Aug 26, 2020, 8:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Oh my thank you...

Aug 26, 2020, 8:39 AM

i'll have to send the wife out to Hobby Lobby for a frame later!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ahhh the good old days. YETI TUMBLERS vs. poverYETI's...

Aug 26, 2020, 8:40 AM

that is like throwing a good knife in the dishwasher. what is wrong with you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the dishwasher will take the sharp edge off

Aug 26, 2020, 8:43 AM

a cup?

Re: Because the dishwasher will take the sharp edge off

Aug 26, 2020, 8:51 AM

you pay nearly 30 bucks or whatever for a cup, even say $15 and you cannot just wash it by hand? The is the epitome of laziness.

I would take a Chevy Cavalier to a drive thru car wash.
I would not take a Corvette to a drive thru car wash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, using a tool that's designed to clean things more

Aug 26, 2020, 8:58 AM

efficiently (uses less water and energy) and better than you can by hand is the pinnacle of laziness.

Even you know that the added time you take hand washing through the lifetime of the cup vs throwing it in the dishwasher costs more in your time than the value of the cup.

Comparing a $15k car to a $60k car is irrelevant to a $20 cup.

Re: Yes, using a tool that's designed to clean things more

Aug 26, 2020, 9:02 AM

if I use my dishwasher for a cup, I have to have multiple cups. Thus, I cannot own just one Yeti as it would always be in the dishwasher. So now i have to purchase at least 3, because even with 2 kids I do not run the dishwasher but every 3 days or so. Now I am just wasting money because I am lazy and do not want to take a sponge and a tear drop of soap and wash my cup. Now I am out over $100 because I am too lazy to wash my own cup after I drink from the cup.

...you don't have a dishwasher just for your Yetis?***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:03 AM

Re: ...you don't have a dishwasher just for your Yetis?***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:21 AM

who do you think I am Obed®?

where do you buy your pistachios?***

Aug 26, 2020, 8:53 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mentioned poverYETI

Aug 26, 2020, 10:28 AM

and the poor shows up

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic