Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like Eli Thomas, but no way should he be All-ACC defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I like Eli Thomas, but no way should he be All-ACC defense

Mar 12, 2019, 2:56 AM

ahead of David Skara! If Thomas was a great defensive player, he wouldn't get in foul trouble every game, often by making stupid fouls. I believe he played less than 25 minutes per game, because of constant foul trouble.

Meanwhile, Skara would usually guard the other team's best player, regardless of position, and rarely got in foul trouble. He is a much better defensive player than Thomas, and probably should have been defensive player of the year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear what you're saying, but Eli is 5th in rebounds and 3rd in blocks***

Mar 12, 2019, 6:15 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear what you're saying, but Eli is 5th in rebounds and 3rd in blocks***

Mar 12, 2019, 6:18 AM

Hmmmm, you didn't get a vote. SO instead of just being happy for him, you want to point out you THINK Skara is better? Eli will be missed for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but Skara is still a better defensive player!***

Mar 12, 2019, 6:52 AM [ in reply to I hear what you're saying, but Eli is 5th in rebounds and 3rd in blocks*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude is a great defender, plays like a d@mm man in the

Mar 12, 2019, 6:25 AM

low post, cant help it if the refs tend to call a finesse game against him, , he deserves every accolade he can get, he has worked very hard in his career, and I am going to miss the hail out of him ...and so will Clemson, , he plays hard and he plays clean, , if he fouls , it is honest , and not malicious

I don't complain about the fouls underneath, but he gets too

Mar 12, 2019, 6:56 AM

many, like moving screens 25 feet from the basket. And I'm not so much complaining about Eli's recognition, just saying that Skara got shafted. He should have been defensive player of the year, in my opinion. Ask Brownell who's the best defensive player on the team!

Re: I don't complain about the fouls underneath, but he gets too

Mar 12, 2019, 7:52 AM

Thomas has no help inside. If we had a stud at the 4 helping him he wouldn't have the same foul problems. Imagine if we had Zion at the 4 next to him? He wouldn't have the foul problems.

Re: Dude is a great defender, plays like a d@mm man in the

Mar 12, 2019, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Dude is a great defender, plays like a d@mm man in the ]

Last game, ET got two fouls for jumping into 3 pt shooter beyond the arc. He needs to play smarter for the remaining college games he can play. At the next level, it will not be as concerning on his 'silly' fouls. Those and the illegal screens and bull-dozer drives with shoulder lowered have been damaging his playing time all year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awards almost never go right.Look at the heisman***

Mar 12, 2019, 7:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Eli Thomas, but no way should he be All-ACC defense

Mar 12, 2019, 7:21 AM

I get what you’re saying but Eli has the numbers. When you have the numbers you win awards

Mar 12, 2019, 7:35 AM

With your skill in finding the downside of an accomplishment, you could write for the Greenville News! They've done a great job recently of telling us how business in downtown Clemson is in decline because it's crowded, and how the Blue Ridge Parkway is in decline because the number of visitors was down 8% in a year where weather closed the Parkway for one of its peak months (or roughly 8% of the year).

Mar 12, 2019, 7:49 AM

So you are going to pick another clemson player to bash to put skara in instead of calling out one of the other players? They are both deserving.

Mar 12, 2019, 7:49 AM

So you are going to pick another clemson player to bash to put skara in instead of calling out one of the other players? They are both deserving.

Fouls have nothing to do with it

Mar 12, 2019, 8:10 AM

You even say so yourself when you point out he gets fouls for "moving screens" which don't take place on defense.

That being said, Skara has a higher defensive rating than Eli even though Eli has more steals and blocks than Skara. It could go either way honestly, they're both great defenders. I'm guessing the voters went with Eli's 68 blocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mar 12, 2019, 8:28 AM

I think Eli blocked you from following him on social media

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 8:44 AM

Statistics aside, I think it would be fair to say that Thomas is a very effective player inside! I’m sure those who selected him realized his importance on the defensive side for the Tigers.

I agree with you

Mar 12, 2019, 8:53 AM

but Eli has done a much better job at staying out of foul trouble. Maybe i’m just dumb but i can’t think of a time when Eli fouled out this year. When Eli can stay on the court he’s a force to be reckoned with in terms of blocking shots and rebounding. I won’t argue with the fact that David is a better defensive player, but since we have one of the best defenses in the ACC i think it’s fair to say that they both could’ve made it.

I agree with you

Mar 12, 2019, 8:53 AM

but Eli has done a much better job at staying out of foul trouble. Maybe i’m just dumb but i can’t think of a time when Eli fouled out this year. When Eli can stay on the court he’s a force to be reckoned with in terms of blocking shots and rebounding. I won’t argue with the fact that David is a better defensive player, but since we have one of the best defenses in the ACC i think it’s fair to say that they both could’ve made it.

i disagree

Mar 12, 2019, 9:02 AM

he is a great shot blocker...would be even better if stayed out of foul trouble. also great rebounder.

he most def. is 1st team ACC Defense. Who would you put above him?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic