Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I like Bresee at DE. Could be our David Pollack.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 3,094

I like Bresee at DE. Could be our David Pollack.

Aug 15, 2020, 4:29 PM

Not a speed rusher, but could absolutely pancake one side of an OL.

Discuss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would open up the inside rush, which kills an offense.***

Aug 15, 2020, 4:31 PM

Re: I like Bresee at DE. Could be our David Pollack.

Aug 15, 2020, 5:14 PM

Aside from both being white and playing DL, these two guys have no similarities.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 5:19 PM

Couldn't agree more..... one will have won 2-3 national championships by the time he leaves and will have a glorious NFL career, the other did not win any national championships and had no NFL career.

Such a good post my friend, I'm going to give you a thumbs up to help lift your 51% pulse you Coot.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 6:50 PM

Pollack broke his neck...that's why his NFL career ended...not because of talent. He's also been very complimentary of the Tiger program through the years...hasn't been, in any way, shape, or form, what many would expect of a Dawg. He has my respect...and doesn't warrant being on the receiving end of trash commentary that isn't true.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recall thinking Pollack might sign w/ us?***

Aug 15, 2020, 7:17 PM

Aug 15, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Bresee at DE. Could be our David Pollack. ]

Well, I feel like a complete turd.... looked through the past when he broke his neck in his second season. Thank you for pointing out. I will try and do better.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 7:53 PM

Mistakes, errors, whatever happens. You owned it. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: I like Bresee at DE. Could be our David Pollack. ]

Totally agree Salty. David was a heck of a player and would have had an outstanding professional career if not for the injury. I have to admit that I really liked him while he was at Georgia. Great engine! He is also a fine man and has been complimentary of our program as you mentioned.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I like Bresee at DE. Could be our David Pollack. ]

OK, agreed I’ll handle discussions on football players and can you handle discussions on thumbs up, thumbs down, career advice, posting etc. BTW, not a coot.

Aug 17, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I like Bresee at DE. Could be our David Pollack. ]

Absolutely zero comparison. This in fact, is a stupid thread..

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Aug 15, 2020, 5:23 PM

I think we see bresee all over the line this fall. He is way heavier than pollock, but freaky enough to play all 4 spots. I’m interested in some Foster-Davis-Bresee 3 man fronts as well but think we are so deep at DL this season (unlike last) that we will mainly run 4 man fronts.

Going to be a really interesting defensive year for us being so deep and so young, how the pieces are arranged all over the D will be fascinating.

Pollack was a DT the majority of his tenure at GA, his

Aug 15, 2020, 5:55 PM

time at DE was short-lived

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pollack was a DT the majority of his tenure at GA, his

Aug 16, 2020, 10:15 AM

That is not correct. He had 36 career sacks at Georgia and they certainly were from the defensive end position. He was a defensive end and mau have even played some outside linebacker .... but he was not a tackle.

He was an undersized DT most of his career at UGA,

Aug 16, 2020, 2:14 PM

NEVER played LB, that was only in the pros and it was in a 3-4 scheme

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was an undersized DT most of his career at UGA,

Aug 16, 2020, 3:00 PM

He did not play tackle!

Pollack could be Bresee’s “mini-me” ...***

Aug 15, 2020, 5:59 PM

Aug 15, 2020, 6:19 PM

Bresee compares more to Christian Wilkens. Bresee could eat a bowl of cereal from Pollacks head.

Had a good chuckle...thanks.***

Aug 15, 2020, 6:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Aug 15, 2020, 6:52 PM

I've been saying since his commitment Bresee at DE has been overlooked by everyone. He is faster and more athletic than most people realize even though you can watch his tape that proves what a freak he is.

IMO, what puts him on a special level is his skill set. The guy is a technician that has a lot of tricks up his sleeve and he will teach them to our other lineman.

I fully expect Bresee to start game 1 and never lose his spot.

Don't be surprised if Myles Murphy also becomes a starter during the season. He is not normal.

We got the best two D-lineman in the class of 2020.

Aug 15, 2020, 7:05 PM

He's best suited to play DT in a 4-3 alignment, allows D to take full advantage of his talent. If we stay primarily in the 4-3, he stays at DT & is never moved to DE(4SigTime), it's also +sign the staff has confidence in the DE pos group & their progression. Regarding the 4-3 scheme as a our base D; hopefully the talent across all 3 levels of the D, allows us the luxury of staying in the 4-3 set most of the time. Bresee in 3-4 vs 4-3 alignment, imo his skills would be better showcased in 4-3 DT vs 3-4 DE (1Gap). (2 gap 3-4 de>trans portal)

Aug 15, 2020, 7:21 PM

Pollack was a beast! Really hated we didn't get to see what all he was capable of on the field.
I like using Bresee the way usuc used Clowney.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2020, 7:25 PM

I just want him in the game as much as possible. DT or DE doesn’t matter. The kids a freakish game changer period.

Could be our Christian Wilkins:***

Aug 15, 2020, 8:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could be our Christian Wilkins:***

Aug 15, 2020, 8:48 PM

Exactly right. He's 20-25 lbs lighter than Wilkins playing weight of 325 lbs. when CW42 played DE. If Breesee plays DE at Clemson, this would be the year to do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bresee = Ndamukong Suh

Aug 15, 2020, 9:08 PM

That’s who the scouts compare him to...
I think that’s a more appropriate comparison ...

Pollack was an over performing 3 star recruit ..
Much props to him ..he was a beast in college...

However - Bresee is a different level talent altogether...

Re: Bresee = Ndamukong Suh

Aug 16, 2020, 2:47 PM

Suh-Best DT coming out of college in the last 30 yrs-

Aug 16, 2020, 7:40 PM

I surmised when he committed last year that CBV would use him at DT and DE. It was mentioned that he has been working at both positions in Fall practice. With the talent, depth, and versatility Clemson has along the DL, opponents are going to catch he!! trying to block them.

Murphy/Davis/Pinckney/Bresee
Henry/Davis/Bresee/Murphy
Foster/Capehart..... you get the idea ??

OBTW I think Bresee is going to be on a whole nother level than Pollack.

Minus the steroids***

Aug 16, 2020, 9:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why, because they are both white?

Aug 16, 2020, 10:43 PM

This feels like a white basketball player being called “the next Larry Bird” despite having different playing styles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

^^Totally...

Aug 17, 2020, 7:41 AM

Unnecessary...remark...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 9:23 AM

Lots better than Pollack. No question.

Replies: 31
| visibility 3,094
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic