Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know that no one cares about individual honors but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,047

I know that no one cares about individual honors but

Oct 5, 2020, 4:29 PM

does anybody believe that either Trevor or Travis still has a realistic shot at the Heisman? With them both seeing limited action in the first two games, and now with all of the hype surrounding Trask, it looks to me like their Heisman hopes are fading.

I know we are just 3 games in, but has that ship sailed already? I strongly believe that each is far and away the best at his position, but this particular award seems to be a much higher priority for some teams than it is for Clemson. Don't get me wrong, I would happily trade several Heismans for another national championship.

Go Tigers! Go for that asterisk!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Heisman has been dead to me since it was stolen from DW4***

Oct 5, 2020, 4:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The Heisman has never been alive for me

Oct 5, 2020, 5:14 PM

Well, it sort of was alive. Not fully alive... but zombie like alive. But when Gino Toretta won in 1992 (over Marshall Faulk and Garrison Hearst), I realized at a relatively young age that is was pretty much a ######## popularity contest. And also with +100 teams in Div 1 or FBS or whatever.... and the number of players on a team... pretty darn tough to pick THE best.

That being said, I think TL has a decent shot if he has a top 3 QBR/Passing Efficiency.. whatever number. He would get it as a career award. I don't think any of his single season numbers will be gaudy enough to overwhelm.

If ETN keeps catching balls in space...well, you never know.

Regardless if either wins, it is still a ######## award but would be nice to say a Clemson player has won it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Heisman has never been alive for me

Oct 5, 2020, 7:23 PM

Well, it sort of was alive. Not fully alive... but zombie like alive. But when Gino Toretta won in 1992 (over Marshall Faulk and Garrison Hearst), I realized at a relatively young age that is was pretty much a ######## popularity contest. And also with +100 teams in Div 1 or FBS or whatever.... and the number of players on a team... pretty darn tough to pick THE best.

That being said, I think TL has a decent shot if he has a top 3 QBR/Passing Efficiency.. whatever number. He would get it as a career award. I don't think any of his single season numbers will be gaudy enough to overwhelm.

If ETN keeps catching balls in space...well, you never know.

Regardless if either wins, it is still a ######## award but would be nice to say a Clemson player has won it.

TU for a post that pretty much put my thoughts in writing. Gino Torretta put the Heisman on life support. Henry and Jackson pulled the plug. Full disclosure, I’d have given it to Macaffery in 15 and DW in 16.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know that no one cares about individual honors but

Oct 5, 2020, 4:33 PM

I think travis's touchdown numbers are a little low. Seems like defenses are really keying in on him. I think Trevor has a great shot still. I think his numbers make up for his lack of playing time. 850 yards and 7 passing tds is a great start for playing the equivalent of 2 games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also. Wake and UVa are comparable if not better than...

Oct 5, 2020, 4:41 PM

Ole Miss and uo6c, and Trask played all four quarters against both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Trevor will lose the Heisman when Justin Fields

Oct 5, 2020, 4:36 PM

throws his first pass.

#sportswritersarebiased

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

#sportswritersaremindlessandonlywatchespin

Oct 5, 2020, 4:50 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 5:33 PM

If he keeps up the current pace, Kyle Pitts will win the Heisman with his 33 receiving TDs. Dude has had a heckuva start to the season!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 7:35 PM

dsgriff® said:

does anybody believe that either Trevor or Travis still has a realistic shot at the Heisman? With them both seeing limited action in the first two games, and now with all of the hype surrounding Trask, it looks to me like their Heisman hopes are fading.

I know we are just 3 games in, but has that ship sailed already? I strongly believe that each is far and away the best at his position, but this particular award seems to be a much higher priority for some teams than it is for Clemson. Don't get me wrong, I would happily trade several Heismans for another national championship.

Go Tigers! Go for that asterisk!

I agree with what some others have said Griff! It would be nice; but if we are blowing a team out our coaching staff will pull the starters.
We will likely continue having big wins I think all season. Maybe not ND. I think we roll Miami this weekend. But, I see us beating teams relatively early and unfortunately Travis and Trevor chances will go out the window.

It would be awesome to finally claim a Heisman Trophy Winner - but i'll take a National Championship over it any day. Which is the long term goal and why if Clemson is up big these two won't be in the game. Big games against Notre Dame and Miami and probably North Carolina "could still do it" assuming either had a big day prior to being pulled.
In short, it will be tough for either! But, not shocking!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 7:35 PM

I don't think an individual award is on the mind of either of these young me. I think both of them are truly team players and actively pull for the younger guys to get in and get their reps. Each one of the these young men, should go onto the pro level and have outstanding careers. On a side note- is it just me or does the play calling seem to be different, now that we have only one coach doing it? I think there were several times that the offense went three and out after three passing plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 7:39 PM

Medic said:

I don't think an individual award is on the mind of either of these young me. I think both of them are truly team players and actively pull for the younger guys to get in and get their reps. Each one of the these young men, should go onto the pro level and have outstanding careers. On a side note- is it just me or does the play calling seem to be different, now that we have only one coach doing it? I think there were several times that the offense went three and out after three passing plays.

Coach Streeter assumed the Jeff Scott role. So, they still consult and bounce ideas off each other and game plan as a team.

I thought as good as Trevor looked there were a few the WR's and TE's would have wanted back. Also recall a couple that were just drops( Powell and Galloway). A coach can just call it - if it doesn't get executed - it's on the players at that point!

I agree both of these two will flourish at the next level. And, I agree, I don't think that is at the top of their minds(winning the Heisman). But, it would be nice. This is just a "we as fans" conversation anyway.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,047
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic