Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I have orange glasses but we look scary good to me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I know I have orange glasses but we look scary good to me

Oct 19, 2020, 7:39 AM

the defensive line is a huge step up from last year and we seem to be able to rotate dudes in on the back of the defense that can all make plays.

And our O? Seems we can move the ball at will. Play calling even seems to be better this year attacking the middle of the field more. When Ngata gets healthy and you can have him, Ladson, Amari, pick a TE Galloway, Allen, Travis coming out the backfield. I would hate to be a D coordinator against that bunch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I have orange glasses but we look scary good to me

Oct 19, 2020, 8:01 AM

This is a “pick your poison“ kind of team. Anything opponents choose will lead to demise, and there isn’t a darned thing they can do to about it, except stand there and take it “like a jackarse in a hail storm”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 10:02 AM

That’s what happened this past weekend. They took away Travis so the ball was then slung all over the field.
I hope Dabo lets the boys go all out again this weekend and there’s an 80 spot put on cuse. Just gotta watch out cause they have no chance which means all they’re gonna want to do is hurt our players.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 7:01 AM

I hope they don't go the "Dirty Play" route. We need to play our game and win with class. I just hope Syracuse knows how to lose with class. Lose they will. They just need to take it and learn how a great program runs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dependable Deep threat and O line kicking?

Oct 19, 2020, 8:24 AM

I think our deep threat is improving, but we really don't have a dependable one yet. We are getting there though. I think to take it all we have to have someone like Mike Williams or Justyn Ross. O Line is improving, but that was a concern early on. And kicking just reared its ugly head against Miami. That was the line defending kicker I heard so that have to work that out.

I am not complaining. I am just saying for a perfect team to take it all we need above to be clicking completely by end of season and/or Notre Dame. Although the golden hats may not be quite what we thought they were.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dependable Deep threat and O line kicking?

Oct 19, 2020, 9:34 AM

We have a dependable deep threat, but it doesn't look like you would expect.

Amari Rodgers can take the top off of a defense as easily as almost anyone around. He isn't your prototypical "jumpball" WR but he runs past defenders.

He works in the same way that Bama's WRs have for the last several years. Smaller guy who knows how to set up the db to get past everybody.

You don't necessarily have to have that "jumpball" guy like Williams as long as you have a deep threat who can stretch out the defense.

Agreed. We are loaded with weapons...it just looks a bit different than the past.

Oct 19, 2020, 9:44 AM

But we have solid receivers who are getting more comfortable by the day, great TEs that are legit receiving threats and ETN can do it all.

null

Oct 19, 2020, 9:37 AM

The only concern for me is our potential to give up long passes. When we run up against a O-Line that can give the QB time, our defense against the long pass comes into play. Other than that, it will take a team with an outstanding offense to score more than we will in any game.

Oct 19, 2020, 9:56 AM

We gave up one Saturday when a CB on an island got twisted around and beat deep.

What other "long passes" have we given up to make you worried?

Oct 19, 2020, 10:58 AM

Yeah don't get me wrong. My concern is when we play a team with an NFL type QB, and an NFL type receiver. WF completed one bomb, and had a guy wide open later that could have scored with a good pass. UVA completed several mid range passes, and also missed on a few that could have been completed. Miami had one and we made a spectacular play on another. GT had one, and should have had two but he overthrew the receiver.

Its not a concern against the teams on our schedule, but could make a difference in the playoffs.

Oct 19, 2020, 12:28 PM

The earliest we will see an NFL potential combo would be if UNC can find their way to the ACC champ game.

We played only freshman and sophomores in the secondary vs WF with the exception of Turner in the 1st game of the season.

Teams are going to complete a few "mid-range passes" per game unless they are absolutely terrible.

Miami's 1 long pass was on a trick play over the head of Tyler Venables.

I don't remember the second play against GT but sometimes a defensive call sets up the corners to only have to cover for so long and if the rush doesn't get there it puts the DBs in a tight spot. The overthrow may have been forced or maybe even a throwaway where it looked like the WR was open.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:20 AM

I'd feel a bit better about the offense if we able to consistently run the ball. Seems like even ETN is having no luck finding holes on many of his carries. Not sure if that's the defense taking away the run but a strong running game will be needed at some point and I hope we can deliver. Otherwise things seems to be clicking on all cylinders

Oct 19, 2020, 10:27 AM

GT was the first team to sell out to stop the run. Fat lot of good it did them.

Oct 19, 2020, 10:24 AM

https://youtu.be/Nu-jxa9ZBvQ

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only weakness I see is at Oline and Safety..............

Oct 19, 2020, 11:00 AM

Inexperience at safety and lack of depth on Oline (and still not getting the type of push we need on 1st/2nd down rushing plays). We still continue to get a lot of 3rd and longs and eventually, that will catch up to us if we play a quality opponent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic