Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson athletics updates latest on COVID-19 in program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,180

TNET: Clemson athletics updates latest on COVID-19 in program

Oct 16, 2020, 4:15 PM

Clemson athletics updates latest on COVID-19 in program

Clemson athletics reported nine COVID-19 positives for athletes and 10 total in 1,419 COVID-19 PCR tests from Oct. 9 to Oct. 15. Since June 1, Clemson student-a Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just gotta ask - what good are these weekly COVID-19

Oct 17, 2020, 5:43 AM

reports if they don't give us specific numbers of COVID-19 that are impacting the football team?

Not trying to be a jerk, but these weekly reports are worthless to what I suspect most of us want to know: "How many folks in the football program are being impacted by COVID-19 - through testing positive or through contact tracing?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just gotta ask - what good are these weekly COVID-19

Oct 17, 2020, 7:20 AM

You have a point. I'd like to know how many football players test positive. But the reporting is not really aimed much at the fans.

However the way these numbers are reported gives some insight into the scope of the testing program and the overall Covid-19 situation among the people involved in Clemson athletics. That creates and impression players, the media and the press that our controls are working to a large extent. It makes it clear to the ~100 football players on the team that the great majority of their peers are being careful and not getting infected. The numbers make it clear the team needs to be very careful about Covid, at least in part because most others involved in athletics are being very careful.

That's all I got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,180
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic