Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I heard on the radio this morning several experts who have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I heard on the radio this morning several experts who have

Dec 11, 2020, 3:19 PM

already bumped Ohio State off of their lists of "Blue Blood" football programs. They didn't even really debate it when OSU's name was brought up. I'm not surprised, Ohio State is not in the same league as historical powers like Clemson, Alabama, Miami, Texas A&M, or even some of the other ACC and SEC schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I heard on the radio this morning several experts who have

Dec 11, 2020, 3:26 PM

Can you tell us even one of those experts. I thought the only expert was Walt Deptula.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I can.***

Dec 11, 2020, 3:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 11, 2020, 3:31 PM

I don't like Ohio State one bit but if I'm being completely honest, it is silly to say they are not still one of the premier programs and it is laughable to put Miami or Texas A&M ahead of them. They recruit like Alabama and will always be in the mix for conference championships and playoffs as long as they can maintain the same high level of recruiting success. We've seen first hand the difference between a Top 20 recruiting class and a Top 5 recruiting class when it comes to talent. Culture is very important, but it is hard to get consistent results if you aren't consistently recruiting at a high level.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...

Dec 11, 2020, 3:35 PM

Considering OSU only has 2 National Championships (both tainted) in the modern era of college football, it's easy to see how Miami would be ahead of them with 5. I tend to agree with you on A&M, however, the panel was probably just looking at pageantry and tradition, which I could see easily pushing them ahead of OSU who really doesn't have much of that.

Who cares if they are always in the mix to win the B1G?

Dec 11, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I heard on the radio this morning several experts who have ]

That conference is a joke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm not surprised, anOSU isn't even the best team in their

Dec 11, 2020, 3:31 PM

own state. Cincinnati is 8-0 and as everyone but CM Shack knows 8 > 5

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Except scenarios where head to head is involved

Dec 12, 2020, 11:55 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/head-to-head***-28273266

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 7:39 PM

Sorry Bro, I remember the old OSU teams from the 60’s under Coach Hayes. Always playing New Years Day bowls. To me they’re still blue bloods. And yes, I was at the Gator Bowl the night he went off on our LB. The rest is history of course. Hated to see him go out that way. Go Tigers!!

Dec 11, 2020, 7:41 PM

Charlie Baughman,, couldn’t remember his name for a moment.

I agree. They seem to not do so well against teams that are south of the Ohio River***

Dec 11, 2020, 7:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2020, 12:14 PM

I agree this year OSU has not played anybody except Indiana. Only one by 7 points. A team they were supposed to beat by 14 points or more. Not sure of the exact line. Who have they played and how many games have they played. If OSU gets into the CFP’s then CF it shows it’s a rigged system for TV ratings. There several other teams who have played more games, tougher schedules and have perfect records or 1 loss. This is one reason I dislike OSU because the rules always seem to bend their way. It’s like Bama who is the only team I know that can miss 2 weeks and still move up in the polls or get more first place votes than the week before.

I hope OSU does get bumped out of CFP’s this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2020, 12:15 PM

if teams would just stop scheduling them, they would go away.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic