Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have to believe (and hope) that we have not shown much of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

I have to believe (and hope) that we have not shown much of

Oct 4, 2020, 12:07 PM

our offensive OR defensive plans to this point in the season. Dabo has done this early in the season as a matter of course in the past. He is obviously willing to accept the minor struggles that running a base offense produces, in return for not giving future opponents film to study.

Same with defense. BV is still running the 3 down linemen set predominantly, even though the D-Line is much more stacked with talent to run the traditional 4 down lineman set.

We would originally have been saving all these secrets for the South Bend Bead Clackers. But, since the Covid revamped schedule added a suddenly resurgent Miami team, I suspect they will be the unhappy recipient of the surprises to come.

Perdictions for next week:

Tight End will suddenly reappear in the offense. We gave Galloway just a little work last night, and one of those times was in a version of ye olde dreaded Michael Bubble' screen. One of the things I was happy about last night was that there was at least a Spector of third and Renfrow around. Will Ladson take the next step to being Mikey 2.0? Who, besides Amari, will join him? We certainly don't want to have to survive by completing long passes on third down, which is how we rolled last night.

BV gets back to bringing the house most of the time, starting next week. That Steve Young clone gave us more fits than anyone not named Lemeur Jackson last night. The King from Miami is supposed to be better than him, so the three key words will be contain, contain, contain.

I give us a B overall for last night. Certainly did not have the discipline we normally exhibit, several "shoot yourself in the foot" variety penalties. But, we played hard, and we are starting to see some future stars emerge on defense. We are just one consistent deep ball threat away from hitting the express lane offensively. Gameday is in town next week. God, I love college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have to believe (and hope) that we have not shown much of

Oct 4, 2020, 12:23 PM

I hear this “secret plays” on offense scenario every year and I just don’t ever see it. How many secret plays did we have against LSU at the end of the season? We were about as predictable the sun rising whether you see it or not. Our offense is simply vanilla with some great athletes. Most of our innovation in play calling left with the Chad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm, the Chad appeared to have been left hanging yesterday

Oct 4, 2020, 12:29 PM

against the Dawgs. Don't usually see a MallZone team struggle like that on offense, not even against Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We always thiink that, but actually, our playbook is not

Oct 4, 2020, 3:06 PM

that spectacular. They are not hoding anything back. We always have issues with the offensive line and run blocking and on short yardage, even with Etienne. We always have a few series in between scoring drives that keep the opponents in the game even when defense plays well. Translation, it takes our offense a long time to create distance on the scoreboard, even with Watson and Lawrence.

As for the defense, we have a young secondary and can't keep our stud linemen playing: Xavier Thomas, Justin Foster, and Tyler Davis. That is a huge loss of talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic