Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today.

Sep 24, 2017, 6:04 PM

I knelt down and got my remote out from under the couch and changed the channel.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today.

Sep 24, 2017, 6:08 PM

I served this country in the US ARMY like so many others and today I have serious heart trouble. Each day I wonder how long til my last day. But one thing I do know, too many good men died for that flag and I'll never disrespect it or the anthem. And if anyone doesn't agree, I could care less.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 7:57 PM

Thank you for your service to our country! I pray your heart continues to beat strong and you have many good years ahead of you!

Sep 24, 2017, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today. ]

Thank you for your service to our country. I share your views wholeheartedly, but unfortunately, many in today's society don't. I pray for your health as well. You and those like you are what made this country great. God bless you sir.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today. ]

> I served this country in the US ARMY like so many
> others and today I have serious heart trouble. Each
> day I wonder how long til my last day. But one thing
> I do know, too many good men died for that flag and
> I'll never disrespect it or the anthem. And if
> anyone doesn't agree, I could care less.

So glad you could serve a great country like the U.S.A. where people are free to kneel during the anthem if they want to. The only thing that separates us from the North Korea's of the world is our freedom. If we punish everyone who shows any free will what the hell did you fight for? North Korea has murdered for less. I for one am glad our country allows free people to kneel or stand or eat tacos during the anthem, and talk #### about our president if we so choose.

Sep 24, 2017, 9:46 PM

You're right. All the players have a choice to make regarding their behavior during the national anthem. However, all choices have consequences and the athletes' choices are divisive. We live in a world that is divisive enough so why add to that negativity? Too much attention is being given to all of this. The NFL should just keep all of the players in the locker rooms until the national anthem is done. There is no need to give them a platform.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today. ]

null

Message was edited by: ArmyMedicalRecruiter

Sir, yessir, and amen

Sep 24, 2017, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today. ]

I am sickened and disheartened at the youth of our country (mostly athletes, under 30) who have no sense of what it took to get this country and have forgotten, or never even knew, the actions of the men who fought for it. I will guarantee you that after 911 when it happened, every American was proudly brandishing and honoring our flag and country - I remember it so well. How far we have come, and we have to watch these young people who don't even know anything about that moment, or 'Nam, or Persian Gulf War, and certainly not War W II. I think we need to pack all these young athletes up and take them to Normandy or Arlington cemetery or the DC memorials, or wherever, and instill a sense of country in them. I notice that there are no people over 35 years old participating in all this nonsense becuause they remember. Thank you for your service, and G bless some of my family members as well, and my dad who was active during Korea and passed in '01. He would be appalled at what we are witnessing.

Agree - and you meant to say you COULDN'T care less.***

Sep 25, 2017, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I have to admit, I knelt during the anthem today. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Were you giving anyone a piggy back ride?***

Sep 24, 2017, 6:08 PM

Re: Were you giving anyone a piggy back ride?***

Sep 24, 2017, 7:02 PM

+*

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Were you giving anyone a piggy back ride?***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:58 PM

Appreciate the levity here. Great clip. I laughed, and needed it. And that's nothing to take away from those who have served our country - past and present - my hat's off to you. And the shirt off my back. We all owe you more than any chat board entry can convey. Thank you.

This social media stuff has just gotten so d@mn serious. Everything doesn't have to be extreme. Think of it like drinking. Sometimes an overpriced perfectly mixed drink is better than a free triple with a splash of whatever. Life's a tailgate, not a one-round fight to the death. Find some balance, relax and forgive. Go Tigers.

And here is the complete falacy of their "protest"!!

Sep 24, 2017, 6:29 PM

https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/the-danger-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

Reality and FACTS are the kryptonite of the left!!

Now back to football, beat the Hokies!

Go Tigers!!!

Re: And here is the complete falacy of their "protest"!!

Sep 24, 2017, 7:10 PM

is that an opinion piece or reality and facts?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no doubt you got down on...

Sep 24, 2017, 8:24 PM

never mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^kneels in front of big burly athletes.***

Sep 24, 2017, 8:38 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not funny, Dude.***

Sep 25, 2017, 12:34 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic