Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nadal @ French Open
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 926

Nadal @ French Open

Oct 11, 2020, 10:15 AM

Guy sounds like he’s passing loaves of bread, french artisan loaves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still quieter than many ##### #### in the gym.

Oct 11, 2020, 10:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point, tennis players bought into the absurd notion

Oct 11, 2020, 10:27 AM

that grunting and making ridiculous noises helped their game. Then it simply became fashionable, as one moron copied another moron by grunting and screaming like a fool with every shot. I had already lost interest in tennis by the time that silly nonsense took hold anyway, but that alone is enough to drive me away every time I think about tuning in to watch.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: At some point, tennis players bought into the absurd notion

Oct 11, 2020, 11:02 AM

I believe it was Monica Seles who started the trend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are correct. What on God's green earth made

Oct 11, 2020, 11:15 AM

somebody else think, "Hey, I'll try that!", or worse yet, "This is really helping my game!"? The masses will fall for just about anything.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What if we all did this at work? An orgasmic gasp with

Oct 11, 2020, 11:24 AM

every strike of the keyboard. A constipated hemoarraghic grunt with every document opened? A blood curdling scream with every email sent?

- H. L. Mencken

Yep. And that was BEFORE somebody stabbed her with a knife.

Oct 11, 2020, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: At some point, tennis players bought into the absurd notion ]

She is by far the worst all time offender. She sounded like she was about to give birth every time she hit the ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just another reason why Federer is the GOAT***

Oct 11, 2020, 11:26 AM [ in reply to At some point, tennis players bought into the absurd notion ]

I have no idea why this bothers non tennis fans so much

Oct 11, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to At some point, tennis players bought into the absurd notion ]

If you watched other sports without outside noise during play, you would hear grunts/yells and sounds during physical exertion. Ever heard when they put the pic close up to a football line? It’s a cacophony of grunting.
Or when a basketball player drives to the hole?

Do some players go over the top? Of course and for many it’s just a rhythm thing. But it doesn’t detract from the points for me. Playing every point in utter silence would be a bit odd.

Re: I have no idea why this bothers non tennis fans so much

Oct 11, 2020, 12:41 PM

So because I didn’t mention wonderbread I’m a non fan?

Re: I have no idea why this bothers non tennis fans so much

Oct 11, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to I have no idea why this bothers non tennis fans so much ]

It seems like the same thing as throwing a kick or a punch. They grunt in combat sports all the time. Not sure why people think it is for no reason. It improves your striking. That could be blocking in football, kicking/punching in combat, striking the ball in tennis, striking in soccer, I hear them in golf sometimes as well. It is scientifically proven to improve performance.

Replies: 10
| visibility 926
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic