Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Call it what it is: a cancer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Call it what it is: a cancer

Jul 19, 2019, 5:45 PM

The transfer portal dreamed up and run by the NCAA, is bad for the sport and the players. Those good coaches hurt by this flawed intervention really can’t speak out against it, otherwise hurting their relationship with their players and recruits. Read Dabo’s Dance around it this week. Very awkward situation for him. This is not good for CFB. This has renewed the NCAA’s power intervention in the sport, when it has been concluded that the NCAA is out of the enforcement business due to political limitations, “we just can’t punish the big time cheaters because they sit so high...??, e.g., UNC.

This is bad for the players, especially those who choose to enter, not knowing their unlikely success. So now coaches might conclude, whose likely to pack their bags, and say let me help you out of here to pack, while I’m recruiting two to replace you. And coaches will need to gamble more in over recruiting to cover the transfers—a self propelling mess. I would only hope this will go away. Unfortunately not before it does serious damage to the sport.

And this will continue to impact team morale, like how those who stay behind and still wish well their unloyal friend, KB, TF,... Some players and alum are torn in being upset with those who are outspokenly displeased with a player leaving. Let’s wish all well to leave...really?

It’s a very difficult conundrum!

It’s a cancer that needs to be surgically removed before it destroys the host.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have heard that there are more players in the portal than

Jul 19, 2019, 5:54 PM

there are scholarships that schools have available. Some players are going to lose that game of musical chairs. McMichael certainly will get picked up by a very good team, but it is not going to work out for some players. I think it is good players have more options, but there definitely need to be more time restrictions in place. This is way too close to the season to be having to deal with this, not to mention players leaving during the season. Maybe there should be time frame of January 10 through April 30.

I wonder if we'd go looking in the portal if there was a good tight end in there to pick up, or is that just going to be an avenue that Clemson simply will not go down.

Re: I have heard that there are more players in the portal than

Jul 19, 2019, 5:59 PM

Dabo has left that door open.
It’s clear he’s torn by this.
And knowing his good heart and impeccable character challenges him on this dilemma.
Yes, time limits would clearly help, but don’t expect it from the NCAA.

Re: Call it what it is: a cancer

Jul 19, 2019, 5:58 PM

I thought playing time was eliminated as a reason to transfer out of a program???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 6:01 PM

??

I guess he will have to sit out a year since he is not a

Jul 19, 2019, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Call it what it is: a cancer ]

graduate and doubt he has any reason for a waiver. But word is the NCAA is handing out waivers left and right now.

Re: I guess he will have to sit out a year since he is not a

Jul 19, 2019, 6:16 PM

Accept for when it comes to Clemson and we’ve got no waivers on any requested.
The NCAA is a cesspool of ineffective beaurocrats.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:15 PM

Would you rather have an unhappy player in your locker room and talking to future recruits that we are forcing to stay or lose a scholarship player and work with the talent that's grinding and working hard to stay? No need forcing these young guys to be backups and hurting our locker room if we aren't where they want to be and happy.

Jul 19, 2019, 6:22 PM

Nope, sure wouldn’t!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get this clown sh!t out of here

Jul 19, 2019, 6:24 PM

It’s not a cancer. It’s a testament to the talent coming into the program that these good recruits are being pushed out of playing time. I’d rather have a couple guys that want to leave be able to leave instead of spreading discontent into the rest of the locker room.

It’s not bad for the players. It streamlines the process of figuring out their options of switching schools. The portal is just the method in which kids transfer. There have always been transfers. Don’t be foolish.

I like it.***

Jul 19, 2019, 6:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic