Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SIMMS STOCK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

SIMMS STOCK

Jan 16, 2021, 8:27 PM

Tonight is the 6th game out of 11 played where Amir has scored only single digits. As the leader of our team, this roller coaster performance is painful to watch and not helping his draft stock. I hope he can turn things around and have a strong second half to the season so he can finish as he had hoped.

That said, even a stellar night by Simms wouldn’t have done a thing to stop a team shooting 55% from the arc on 27 shots. Wow.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SIMMS STOCK

Jan 16, 2021, 8:33 PM

I agree. He has missed 11 straight 3s going back a few games. Needs to start playing more consistent as a senior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y’all really think he’s an NBA player?

Jan 16, 2021, 9:33 PM

I love him man and think he can make a decent living over seas but probably not NBA. I’m no scout so I wouldn’t wager anything on my opinion but hopefully he just lives it up as a college player.

Re: Y’all really think he’s an NBA player?

Jan 16, 2021, 10:46 PM

Not any more unless he REALLY shows something more from here on out.

Simms IS NOT a perimeter player

Jan 16, 2021, 10:47 PM

He needs to get his butt down low and play the PF position and use his skill set to screen/roll, post ups, high post & drive and the baby hook in the paint. The BS excuse that he and Hall "don't have good chemistry" is just a weak excuse by BB who doesn't know how to run an offense.

Re: Simms IS NOT a perimeter player

Jan 16, 2021, 11:13 PM

Unfortunately Amir tried about 4 - 5 baby hooks tonight and missed all of them. PJ as a freshman already has a much better hook shot than Amir. PJ is making a strong case for more PT.

Very stiff and not fluent player. Gets hustle points though.

Jan 17, 2021, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Simms IS NOT a perimeter player ]

Nm

Agreed, but he's hurting the team

Jan 17, 2021, 8:52 AM

by trying to 'show his all around game' to NBA scouts who undoubtably told him to work on his perimeter shot when he got his evaluations by putting his name in the draft pool.

I have always felt that he would end up in Europe.

Jan 16, 2021, 11:17 PM

I certainly hope I’m wrong, but the only NBA action I expect him to see will be a courtesy tryout or two as an undrafted free agent.

I think he’s an outstanding vocal leader, and very talented, but hasn’t been consistent enough offensively this year. I think it’s great that he is unselfish, but when we hit a scoring drought he needs to be that guy to demand the ball and get us a basket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I have always felt that he would end up in Europe.

Jan 16, 2021, 11:43 PM

Simms is a good player but doesn't have the complete offensive skill to take over a game. Lacks the dribble drive ability to hit open spots for 12 - 15ft jump shots. His offense is mainly stand and shoot 3s, assisted layups and occasional moves around the rim for baby hooks, which he doesn't make with enough consistency. Thought he would've developed a more polished game before last season. Appears to have hit his ceiling which doesn't translate well to the NBA. The Tigers will need to hit 3s at a very good clip along with Honor creating shots to open up his game and have a very successful season. On another note, surprised how little play at 9.5 mins Newman3 got. Is he still dealing with an injury?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: SIMMS STOCK

Jan 17, 2021, 4:27 AM

Draft? He isn't an NBA caliber player. He might get there for a sec as a slight possibility, but it won't be through the draft and he will generally play in other leagues. He has no chance at a real NBA career. He never did.

Agree 100% and I posted that at starting of season asking

Jan 18, 2021, 9:22 PM

How he is an all acc team and everyone jumped on me and stated the Costa talk lol

Re: Agree 100% and I posted that at starting of season asking

Jan 19, 2021, 12:10 AM

He would have to be able to light it up from 3 to have had any chance due to other flaws in his game. He just won't stick. Hopefully he is good enough to play in Europe.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic