Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got rid of DirecTV last week and now it looks like I cannot get the game this weekend.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,745

I got rid of DirecTV last week and now it looks like I cannot get the game this weekend.

Sep 14, 2017, 4:12 PM

I live in northern Greenville County. I cannot get channel 13 (ABC) OTA because I'm in the shadow of the mountains. It's not listed on Hulu live, and trying to watch live sports on that Kodi device is just too frustrating if not impossible. If I subscribe to more services like sling, I'll soon be paying as much as I was with direct. Who out there has any experience with this? Any help would be truly appreciated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UDP probs lol***

Sep 14, 2017, 4:13 PM

Re: I got rid of DirecTV last week and now it looks like I cannot get the game this weekend.

Sep 14, 2017, 4:17 PM

Watch espn might work. Though without a cable provider it may not let you view it on there

Re: I got rid of DirecTV last week and now it looks like I cannot get the game this weekend.

Sep 14, 2017, 4:28 PM

Agree with WatchESPN app option. I use it for ACCN stuff and it accepts my Playstation Vue info so it may list Hulu Live as a provider too. And since you just canceled Directv it may still let you login with that account.

Sep 14, 2017, 4:18 PM

If fhe game is on ABC, NBC or CBS and you have internet, you might try USTVNOW, which is free for major network access. You can access it from a streaming device or on a PC - maybe phone as well.

USTVNow is a good idea

Sep 14, 2017, 4:28 PM

I have used them before as well. Resolution is not great but at least you can watch the game.

Sep 14, 2017, 4:26 PM

If you have SlingTV or any other OTT streaming service, with ESPN access, most of the time you can log into the espn app on your streaming device (Roku, Firetv, Android etc.) and watch it through the ESPN app. It kind of depends on what platform you are using. I have done this before and usually the games on ABC are available on the ESPN app if you have a subscription service.

If he doesn't have a content provider he can't use the ESPN

Sep 14, 2017, 4:42 PM

app, he needs a login

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2017, 4:32 PM

Watch any game on your computer for free.
http://www.vipleague.se/sports/american-football.html

Sep 14, 2017, 4:34 PM

Probably should have thought about the mountain before you changed service

Why would you cancel Dtv 2 weeks into the season?***

Sep 14, 2017, 4:44 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2017, 4:47 PM

You can sign up for a free 7 day trial of SlingTV. If you do so, I'd sign up on Saturday afternoon so that you

Sep 14, 2017, 4:52 PM

Sorry didn't finish my sentence! If you sign up for the free 7 day trial of SlingTV, I'd do so around 7pm this Saturday night. That way, you can watch the BC game next Saturday too and cancel it around 6:30 before your trial ends. You have immediate access to SlingTV as soon as you sign up. You can watch on your phone, computer or streaming device. We used to use Apple TV and login to our sling account on the ESPN app.

Then, you can get another 7 day free trial of DirectTVNow to watch the VT game.

Or go back to DirectTV like we did! :)

Sep 14, 2017, 4:48 PM

If you go with Sling Orange, it's $20 a month and should get you ESPN and the WatchESPN app. I'm not sure there's a cheaper option out there. Maybe if you go to the local sports bar and just order some waters?

Sep 14, 2017, 4:54 PM

Get rid of the Hulu live or whatever and just do Sling it's more user friendly, and you can't use it as a provider for the watch espn app... andbyes rhe 7 day free trial is the best idea see if you like it.. grab the sports package too for an extra 10 bucks...

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,745
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic