Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I got pulled over by a policeman this a.m.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,638

I got pulled over by a policeman this a.m.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:47 AM

Though I wasn't speeding, he said I crossed the railroad tracks too fast. He checked my license and gave me a warning.

Is that a real law, that you have to slow while crossing railroad tracks?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I got pulled over by a policeman this a.m.

Sep 8, 2020, 9:51 AM

It's sort of like the Ben Boulware Suplex tackle penalty. It just looked bad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 9:53 AM

As far as I know the posted speed limit where the tracks are is your threshold. I get ticked of the most by people crawling over them at 2 mph.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He probably wants you to paint over the confederate flag logo

Sep 8, 2020, 9:55 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he was just hoping to get

Sep 8, 2020, 9:55 AM

your cell number

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^ Grinder******

Sep 8, 2020, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like he was just hoping to get

Sep 8, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Sounds like he was just hoping to get ]

Or give him a "Breathalyzer test". :)

Sep 8, 2020, 10:01 AM

You should have run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 12:40 PM

And suddenly reached under your seat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

There's only one thing that matters here

Sep 8, 2020, 10:04 AM

Are you a white person, or a black person? Emphasis on person.

I'm white, the cop was black.***

Sep 8, 2020, 10:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

I was wondering why you were still alive.***

Sep 8, 2020, 12:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 8, 2020, 10:06 AM

I think some areas have laws that state that a driver shall slow down to a 'reasonable' speed when crossing train tracks. I'm not sure how they define reasonable speed though. I could see this as being one of those things where they suspect that you aren't paying full attention to what you're doing when they see that you didn't slow down, and the reason for pulling you over is to make sure you're not under the influence or something. Once the cop realized that you were sober he just sent you on your way.

Sep 8, 2020, 10:15 AM

Yeah, if you are white, he pulled you over because you are obviously a racist according to BLM, Antifa, and Democratic politicians.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2020, 10:25 AM

*Yes* They can basically pull you over for any thing but require "probable cause". However that term is about as weak as South Carolina's football tradition and the law as a rather low burden of proof. So it does not have to be a "law" just a "cause".

The 5-0 was able pull you because the eye-test allowed the officer to say, "you took a railroad crossing faster than normal". That it. From there they have a limited but real capacity to follow up with anything else they want to look for, a suspended license, smell of drugs/alcohol, and anything in plain view.

That is how a buddy of mine got dinged for an open container fine. He was on his way home and was pulled for something equally as questionable. The prior weekend someone at a friends party put a half-filled Natty in his rear passenger door cupholder of his truck. He did not notice about it (didn't drink natties) but was in plain sight. Sure the reason for the pull was "nothing" no citation there, but the open container was a PITA.

As for railroad tracks, it depends. If you did anything else like a unsafe movement, etc then yes. Most cops will expect a driver to respond to them (especially on a two lane with elevation) or to slow or check. Some without a arm do require a stop so it depends on that specific crossing.

You mean you didn’t fight him? You sat there and took your warning and went about your day?

Sep 8, 2020, 10:31 AM

Interesting.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know - he should have argued, fought with him,

Sep 8, 2020, 11:55 AM

tried to run away, then when he got shot, we could all burn a bunch of #### down and hurt a bunch of innocent people. Thanks for denying us that opportunity, you selfish prick!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Sep 8, 2020, 10:41 AM

You were white and most likely checking your stock options online with your smart phone. He had a reason.

Funny you say that. With the dip the market took this a.m.

Sep 8, 2020, 11:04 AM

I did actually have a couple of limited buys kick in... a few shares of ARKQ(autonomous Index) and a Nickle mining stock NILSY.

Re: Funny you say that. With the dip the market took this a.m.

Sep 8, 2020, 12:53 PM

See I knew it.

Every time I was pulled over for speeding, I got a ticket

Sep 8, 2020, 12:56 PM

4 out of the 5 times. I am a WASP. Every cop who stopped and ticketed/warned me was Caucasian.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 8, 2020, 1:20 PM

My 16 year old son got pulled over the other night after a soccer practice in the big downtown area of Lyman for having his bright light on. Was a first one for me. Didn't get a ticket - just a warning.

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,638
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic